You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Hunting With Loonies 4

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting With Loonies 4

 

Before I even left for our tour of Mansfield, things began for me. On the 9th of May I got a call on my cell from a number I didn't recognize. I didn't answer it and they didn't leave a voice mail. I realized it was an Ohio area code, though, and googled it. Strange, it was from Mansfield. Stranger still was that the call came from a private residence 5 miles from the Reformatory. I contacted granny, cosmogal, stephyw, and clever who were all going on the trip with me, but none of them received a call from Mansfield. "Maybe we are going to have an experience," was clever's comment. None of us realized at the time how right she was. I had planned on driving by the home just to check it out while we were there, but completely forgot about it.

Earlier that morning, at 9:15, I had an empathic feeling/experience. I was driving when I got this odd feeling about Mansfield. I wasn't even thinking about the trip at the time. Suddenly this thought went through my head like, "I don't really want to go to Mansfield." Now, I know it wasn't me because I had been excited about this trip ever since the beginning. I had invited a friend named Brian to go with us and he had also invited a friend. Turns out it was his friend who was apprehensive. She wasn't sure she wanted to go after all. But once they got there, she was fine.

So, if you've read the other stories, you know there is a "Kidney Punch Room" which is where this part of my story takes place. I decided the best way to do this would be in what granny refers to as the "Miracles Journal" style. Since granny and I corroborated on the EVPs, I have included her comments as well. At this point, the only people in the room are granny, her son JR, her niece Julie and me.

The EVPs may be off by a second, one way or another, so just bear with me, okay?

:05 - There is a knocking sound. You can hear it as I am scooting to sit down on the floor.

2:10 - Faint whisper right before I ask, "Is there anybody here tonight who wants to talk to us?" And I mean right before I start my question.

2:43 - 2:45 - Sounds to me like "no, yes, no" but to granny it sounds like "So let's talk." We'd love to hear your thoughts.

2:58 - Little girl saying what sounds to me like "La." Granny can hear more syllables, but can't make out the rest of the word.

4:25 - When I ask about a name, there's a response. I checked with granny and it's not her or her niece Julie. And at that time we were the only three women in there.

5:21 - Male voice with accent says, "Can't you hear me?" I have to admit, this one makes me kind of sad because he was trying to communicate with us and we didn't hear him.

7:09 - I'm not sure, but it sounds like a low, guttural voice right before JR asks a question.

9:38 - 9:39 - Unknown male whispering. You can hear granny and JR talking right after that. This comment from granny: "The one at 9:38-9 sounds like the "blublblbblubble" I got on the floor below, when JR saw the shadow."

10:55 - Right after granny says, "Anybody in here want to knock? Let us know you're here?" there is a knocking sound. While we were doing the analysis, I asked granny if she if she heard a very quick "knocking" sound right after she asked for the knock. I told her I wasn't sure whether or not it was one of us, but it was so quick after she asked for a knock and sounded like it was right between where we were sitting. Granny said, "Yeah Marjie, I heard that while we were sitting there, that's why I asked for a louder one LMAO!"

11:18 or:19 - This comment from granny: "Julie says she can hear somebody walking around." And I responded saying, "And this is after you say you can feel somebody here."

13:17 - 13:18 - Very low female voice singing/humming? Right before granny says, "Piece of crap."

16:50 to 17:01 - This is where we hear the noises on the stairs. There is no one coming into our area at this time. Granny questions the footsteps on the stairs and JR investigates.

18:48 - Unknown male voice; unable to make out words.

19:28 - Stephyw and her friend Maria join us.

22:00 - Clever and her husband Mark join us.

22:33 - This is where clever sees the shadow that she thought was Mark (see her story).

25:27 - Female whispering something that sounds like "Happy just to please you."

28:42 - At this point, I take my DVR into the other room. After confirming with granny that no one had gone into the other room, I thought I should do an EVP session because I thought I saw someone/something go in there. At this point, my back is about to kill me, so you hear me groaning and granny checking on me LOL.

33:02 - I hear a female say, "Yeah" but it's like one of those infamous TAPS lines: "When in doubt, throw it out." It sounds so close to my DVR and I was the only female in that room; however, there were 5 other women in the other room. I really do want to say it's the "other" female voice that wasn't one of us, but I can't since we weren't exactly using our "investigator voices" LOL

36:39 - 36:53 - Woman's voice talking/humming?

37:15 - Cat going, "Meow?"

37:22 - Granny hears the cat again. This time it's more of a statement "Meow" than a question.

In addition to the EVPs that were caught, I had other experiences that I'd like to share. I'll try not to make this very much longer. I didn't do a very good job keeping track of the names of the rooms (okay, I admit it... I have no idea where I was most of the time...geographically-challenged LOL), so I won't be able to tell you the name of the room I was in when I had my experiences. I also won't repeat any of the experiences that I've added in the comments sections on the other Ghost Hunting Loonies' stories. Reading them once is enough, huh?

I smelled cigar smoke in the Warden's Quarters and another room, no idea which one it was. I also smelled perfume, which was confirmed by everyone who was with me at that time (and no, it wasn't one of us LOL).

All in all, or rather bats and all, it was an incredible experience. I went there hoping to at least see or hear something. I didn't see or hear anything while we were there, but I think the EVPs are amazing. And watching 3 of my friends hide under a table from a bat while I took their picture? Priceless!

And being able to finally meet granny and cosmogal who have have been on this ride with me for over 2 years? Well, that alone was worth the trip. I hope the next time we do this, there will be more Loonie names to add to the list.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-16)
Dee - I am so sorry! I didn't realize you had posted this 😟 I love doing EVP sessions, especially in my home LOL I know that is considered a big No-No by a lot of "professional" ghost hunters, but in the 9 years we've lived here, and even the other homes we lived in before, I have never heard anything recorded that made me afraid.

The expense is one of the reasons we've never been able to get together for a third trip, although we all would love to. Seems like it's a lot harder to get together than it was a few years ago 😟
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
That would be me, I can't spend much on one Lol My daughter is graduating high school in June and the graduation party expenses keep adding up... 😕 But, I'm too darn curious to wait. Inexpensive will do! Do you ask questions, talk, or just stay silent the whole time?

I just remembered... About 4 years ago, I decided to download a voice activated recording app to hear what I blabbered on about while sleeping (I'm a sleep talker Lol). My boyfriend has caught some of it and swears I talked in an unknown language one time, as if having a conversation, even pausing for unheard (to him) answers and giggling. He isn't the type to make a big deal out of these things, but he was intrigued by this. So, obviously my curiosity was piqued. I never did catch myself speaking another or unknown language, but had a few strange voices recorded that were definitely NOT mine. One sounded like a little girl, toddler age, saying "mommy?" (my kids are teens), another time I heard a man mumbling something (not my bf), and a woman laughing. It kind of freaked me out because I never expected to catch anything but myself.

Regardless, I guess a voice activated one *might* work. But, for the real deal, a continuous recorder is the way to go.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
Mine is a cheap RCA one bought from Walmart. I would love to go to the more expensive, technologically advanced models but then I would be so far out of my realm of understanding how to use them 😁

What I discovered works best for me when listening to the recordings is to be home alone (and yes, paranoia can set in especially when it's dark and there are psychotic cats inside 😁 😁). I lay down on the couch with my eyes closed and listen. I found that I hear things better that way.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
Very true! What about the recorders that only record when there is sound/noise? As in voice activated? I wonder if it's possible to catch something on that type or if it needs to be the type that runs continuously. Would you feel like sharing what you used? 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
6 years ago (2018-05-02)
CuriousDee - I moved the conversation to my story because of the relevance. If I hadn't been as patience while listening to these EVPs, I probably would have missed a whole lot. And there was a whole lot!

And if I end up with 7 hours of nothing, it's okay. I'll try to get them to talk to me another time. We really have great housemates 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
jane_lee - thank you for reading my accounting of our experience 😊 I keep saying, and yet haven't done it, that I need to put into words our trip to Haunted Hill View in Pennsylvania.

We are trying to get together for another hunt, hopefully this year.

Again, thanks 😊
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
❤ ❤ thank you for sharing this story I really enjoy reading and listening the EVPs (all of the Loonies stories:D)...looking forward for your loonies next adventures... 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
I just want to note for those of you considering this venue that the replica of Ole Sparky has recently been replaced... WITH THE ACTUAL REALLY REAL LIFE (or death 😆) OLE SPARKY! According to the accounts on their facebook page, activity has picked up since it arrived. Geez, I wonder why?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Wardo: I see you don't have an e-mail address listed, so would you consider sending me one? Thanks! Just put YGS in the subject.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Hecate - we've only managed to get together twice in the years we've been members/friends LOL. We tried last year, it didn't work out. And this year I think finances worked against all of us. Hopefully next year 😆

I seriously do intend to try (stressing that word LOL) to put my experiences at Hill View into words. I haven't written them down anywhere, which is so unlike me and means I have to rely on my memory (which is extremely fallible) and those of my friends.

It's amazing to finally meet the friends face to face who have become family ❤
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Miracles (and all), I was wondering if people here ever got together! That is cool! It is never too late to write up the story. I, personally, am very interested... And in potential meet-ups. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Wardo - sometimes it feels like a pipe dream to us too, to be able to get together for another ghost hunt. We toured Haunted Hill View in Pennsylvania a couple years ago and none of us turned our experiences into a story. We kept reminding each other, and saying we were going to, but it just didn't happen. We had a good experience there, too.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-23)
Thanks Granny - Being somewhat of a nerd myself (and Looney as well) I will definitely be checking into this. Wow life has been moving at a million miles a minute for me. Sure would love to meet you all or do a session with you, but that may be a pipe dream for now 🤔
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Wardo: There are 5 stories in this series, all by those in attendance and all giving different perspectives, of course. It's very entertaining, and there are some creepy EVP's as well as some humorous. I think you'd enjoy them all if you ever get bored 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
I don't mind you pointing things out at all. It's too easy to miss them and I'm sure, even as many times as I've listened to this, there are things I missed. I truly appreciate you listening as closely as you are. It's kind of like proofreading LOL Second set of eyes (ears in this case) can see (hear) things that have been missed.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Okay, what you're hearing are the geese. Even as high up as we were, windows shut, we could hear those freaking geese LOL

I'll check the first part of the EVP and see if I can hear the piano.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
One other thing I noticed after the first cat meow, there is a noise that starts low and builds to what sounds like a high speed wind billowing through a small crevice. I know that DVR recordings can pick up all sorts of sounds, embellished or not, and that it isn't necessarily paranormal. Just wanted to point out some more interesting things I noticed. Sorry for spamming so many posts back to back! By the way I have my volume completely maxed out on my headphones LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Wardo - I'll have to go back and listen to it again. We, the group that went, went through it pretty good, but we also realized each time we listened to the EVPs (mine and the others) we heard something we hadn't before. It's very possible we didn't catch this.

These are some of the best EVPs I've gotten. My favorite, I think, is when the man asks me if I can't hear him. Still breaks my heart when I think about it.

I'll take a listen to this (hopefully it's still on soundcloud) and let you know if I hear what you're talking about.

Thanks, Wardo:)
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Oh yeah, I also heard what sounded like notes being played on a piano near the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the recording, but now I can't find it 😕
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Hey Miracles, I was looking through old stories and came across this one. I never did get to see it before today. I listened to most of the EVP, I'm actually still dissecting it, and I notice some strange noise coming through at 25:38 to sometime after 26:00. It almost sounds like a small dog whining or barking, or ladies moans of some sort? Did you notice that, or is there some explanation for it that you are aware of? Most of the other things you have pointed out I can also hear, but I noticed you did not mention this noise that I have discovered, and wanted to know if you overlooked it or possibly already had a rule out for it. Thanks, and this is very exciting! By the way, happy birthday!
Ruby_Rose90 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
I will definitely being going to read the others.
I just wish I could make out that name... When I listen to it its like when something is on the tip of your tongue! I haven't read comments yet, has anyone been able to hear it any clearer to know what it is?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Ruby_Rose - thank you for taking the time to read my EVP sessions at Mansfield. I love it when members read these, and take time to comment 😊

Don't worry about embarrassing yourself over comments someone else may have made. We all hear things differently, even those of us who were there 😆 And it really helps to have extra ears. Who knows what else we've missed? Or even misinterpreted?

If you have time, the other stories the Loonies shared about Mansfield are worth reading too 😊
Ruby_Rose90 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Hey I just listened to you recording, I haven't read any comments yet so I apologise if I have missed something important there you guys have been discussing ill go read in a tick... I just wanted to listen to the recording without any others opinions making me hear things haha
So I listened to it in full while trying not to come back and read where it all was.
I missed a lot of the knocks etc and had to go back with your timeline as without knowing they could be mistaken for anything seem I wasn't there to know who was moving when
However I heard clearly no, yes, no. With distinct pauses between each word and they sounded very unsure as to what answer they wanted to stick with. Sort of like when a sibling offers you a lolly and you don't quite trust what theyve done to it. Lol
I heard the child but couldn't make out and syllables. I also heard the name response but no matter how loud or how many times I played it I can't quite make it out.
I missed a lot of the next few, the recording didn't seem to want to load/play very well so just skipped forward. I heard the happy to please you, to me it sounded like a very husky woman with an accent. I only heard the first meow.
Just thought id share what I got from it too, hopefully not embarrassed myself by not reading comments first haha:) also by the way I'm in aus and have never heard of this place so going to look it up:P
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
sds - I've been trying to figure out how to explain this and honestly have no clue how this is going to turn out. This is why I've not shared this part of my life on this site. Even though I've been a member for almost 4 years, and made a lot of friends in that time, this takes a lot of faith in people. And I don't know that I have that much faith LOL 😉 Sometimes you think you know people, and they know you, and you find out that's not really the truth. People end up disappointing you 😐

If you've ever experienced automatic writing, it's very similar to that. The first time this happened absolutely amazed me, and freaked me out LOL.

But if not, it's like when you are in a body of water, whether it's a bathtub or a pool, lake, whatever, and your arms just float up without you doing it. They just start rising; you know they're doing it because you can see them, and you can feel them. But you know that you, literally, are not lifting them. Now the strangest part of this is you aren't in a body of water yet your arms are lifting. And if you get a message with it, like a name or image, that's even better. It's just another form of Mediumship: communicating with those who are no longer living.

I hope this helped a little.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Getbent - here's the link

Https://soundcloud.com/miracles51031/ghost-hunting-with-the-loonies

Also, there are other stories associated with this ghost tour that my friends and I went on. They have their own links on their stories.

If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know and welcome to YGS
😊
Getbent97 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Where are the links usually located, I can't find it I am new here 😢
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
As I said before I can't remember if it was or not I do not lie about this stuff. In fact I don't even remember if I had a paranormal experience or do not know my dad said he thought he saw something even he says there was automatic toilets. Maybe people are right. I was 12 when this happened. That was in 2004.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Darkassassin, well some automatics are set up on a type of timer. They flush every x many hours, whether anyone has used them or not. Very popular in areas with extremely hard water or tourist-type places. You wondered "how come a toilet would flush when no one is there?" This could be why. A question for you is why would a ghost need to use the restroom? I'm not making fun of you, this is just a technique I've picked up that I use on myself when puzzling things out. Also, I know you have things to say, questions to ask, but a little punctuation would help others to understand you better. Thanks! 😊
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Ok, that was trippy: had same result with a second try, but on my third try the link activated and I FINALLY got to listen! 😁 It was interesting to listen to.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
val - I just clicked on the link and it's working for me 😕 Maybe you have to be signed in? I'm am completely technologically challenged when it comes to this LOL

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: