You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark Man Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Man Figure

 

When I was little, like 2-5 range, I would always see a dark shadowy looking figure come out of my closet and stand over me, and would talk to me. So here's the story of how I remember.

My mom had just finished putting me to bed and our rooms were really close. So I fell asleep, but woke up in the middle of the night. When I woke up I saw a dark figure, pure black, standing next to my bed, and he would talk to me. He would ask me to go out the window. I would scream and cry and when my mom would come in, I would say, "The dark man's back! The dark man's back!"

That went on for a few days or weeks or whatever. Mom started to get worried and so she set up a voice recorder and put it in my room. She caught him talking to me. She actually heard the voice. My Grandpa started praying for me, and he hasn't came back since. And ever since then I refuse to sleep in that room. I will sleep in my mom's (used to be) room. But I usually sleep downstairs. I am always scared to sleep upstairs in any house. I always need some source of light and noise for me to go to sleep.

I don't know what it was, but it sure scared me. I still don't feel comfortable telling this story, and it still gives me the chills. But I have faith in God and trust him that he will keep me safe. I am also relieved that I'm not the only one who has experienced this. I guess it happens all over the world.

I do want to know what I could have been, but then again I don't because I don't want to get freaked out. I would like to hear if anyone who reads this has had the same experience this I have.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XxmusicluvxX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mrfear672india (106 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
ritwik-If you having any problems regarding your grandfather, please submit in story. You should only publish comments regarding other stories here.

Respectfull request.
ritwik (16 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
dear readers,

I have got something to share and I need help. My grand father died in march this year, and I feel his presence in my house. I have niether lived with him and nor attached to him. And my problem is that I feel BADLUCK is following me from then. My sis is also having certain bad dreams repeatedly. Is there any way I can get rid of his ghostly presence and these troubles.

Ritwik
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
you said your mom heard his voice, could she hear what he was saying? Besides telling you to go out the window?
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
xxmusic,
My sister had similar experiences in her house.
When her husband went away to work, she would see black shadows roaming in her house, kitchen to hallway. When she lit fire on stove they will not enter into the kitchen.
She says that they are frightend of fire.
faith24 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
I do wonder if you have any any more issues such as these. I have had something simmalar but my parents thought I just wanted attenchen and sent me to therapy (who I refused to talk to)...just to find out later on the place was really honted... Lol they now believe me. As for what I know it is a demom... Sad face I know... But on the up side faith and prayr are what took care of it for me but keep in mind don't let it run your life... The one that lived in my closet was there until I was 17... From age I think about six or seven

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: