You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Saw An Imp In My Friends House

Real Ghost Stories

Saw An Imp In My Friends House

 

This is my most recent "experience" that happened about a year or so back.

A friend and I were staying with one of friend's for a month in her old house, as we were all in the process of moving to a new house together. This house is in a well-known complex in lower Tableview in Cape Town, and connected right onto a vlei. That house was extremely, extremely cold, but I am going to say that is possibly because of where it was situated.

Now, just to give you a bit of background, my friend was coming out of being involved in a heavy drug stage. Her friends would do that stuff, not to my approval as I am very against it. It wasn't in your face or anything, but I knew if she went out she would probably pop something (she's clean now, though).

Okay, so one morning I had gotten up early before work, about 5:45 am, to straighten my hair, as it takes forever. And I was doing it in the lounge, next to the kitchen counter. Now these are the three things that happened that I will never forget. I knew I had put something on the kitchen counter, and for some reason couldn't find it, like I had just seen it, and it was gone. So I went back into my room, searching for it, not there. I came back to the kitchen counter, and there it was. I can't remember now what it was, but it was there, and it looked like things had been placed differently. So, I shrugged it off as I do with everything and carried on straightening my hair. I then noticed that 2 of the 3 cats that she had, who had been pottering around the kitchen, were now both sitting in the lounge and looking up at the roof. The one cat on the couch, and the other had jumped up next to me on the other bar stool and was just staring up at the roof with big eyes, like they were frozen. (The roof was a high ceiling, like a triangle up to a point, with big wooden beams, if that makes sense.)

I was getting a little freaked out at this point and when I looked down from looking up, which looked straight into a open doorway that led down the passage, I saw this thing move (about 2 meters away). It moved past me very quickly and, like I described, I could basically only see it like, as if someone was in a room, and they walked past the door while being in their room. I saw it from the side. This thing was about 2'-6" high and, to put it into perspective, looked similar to a little tiny starving child you would see from Ethiopia, with the exaggerated size head, except much, much darker, like a dark mass, and I could just make out that shape. The space of time I saw it was probably 1 second.

I was so freaked out now, and still not sure what on earth I had seen, but obviously being aware of these things I knew... That that was something that shouldn't be here! About a minute later I peeked down the passage, and obviously, nothing there. I then opened my friend's door (who we stayed with) to see if she was still sleeping, and she was, and the 3rd cat was in there with her.

So the next day I asked her, without trying to freak her out. I told her about the cats and what I saw, and asked if she has seen anything like this before, and she didn't want to talk much about it...weird. Then the next day, she came to me and said that she just got freaked out the other day, but what I described to her was very similar to what her ex-partner who used to stay there with her used to see, and that "I wasn't seeing things."

She also went onto tell me about the two things that she used to see, and they used to be around her, and that just freaked me out. Her descriptions still are so vivid. She said there would be just a tall dark figure, and another thing, that looked almost like the a person standing on their arms and legs but with their stomach facing up, and it had a half human / dog face, that was upside down (kind of getting that exorcist image). She really didn't want to tell me that, as that was a very hectic thing that she had to deal with, and luckily doesn't see them anymore.

Anyway, I realized after doing some research recently that the thing I saw could be known as an "imp," a dark mass type creature / object, roughly 3 feet tall... A demon I think... Or something paranormal. Has anyone else seen these kind of things?

I also remember that I always saw these black flashes on the kitchen counter, like it was one of the cats darting across it, but when I looked, the cats were not around.

Other hauntings by ashville

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashville, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VanessaNixon_x3 (13 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2014-11-23)
Drug use attracts paranormal activity and it sounds as though you have a demon. I tell you very honestly that you are in danger, do not challenge the spirit or mock or minimize its abilities in anyway. Try to give it as little fear as possible for they feed off of that and it makes them stronger, almost like the Freddy Kruger movies. Pay no attention to it and in the meanwhile, try and bless or cleanse the house. You can do it yourself, the method is not that difficult or call a priest to do it immediately I would say or it will only get worse.
DevinC12 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
Yes, this is exactly what I have seen... On 3 different occasions now: the small alien like creature with a huge circular head, & this little leprechaun looking thing... A "Imp" in other words... I've seen it as a cat, as itself, & as the large head thing... I've hear it laughing at me while I laying in bed confused, after I heard it talking in my voice to me, I know... Weird... Just like all of this... This little Imp likes to hide under my bed after I've seen it also... So your not alone, & thanks for the assurance... It's just little pest lesser demons, that serve as spys for the real problem... The evil demon that sent it...
-Devin
Blair_ (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Hey! I'm 13 and I have experienced an imp as well. It was quite shocking at first but I got used to it soon enough. I was 10 when I first encountered one. First I saw my cat staring at something in the corner and thought nothing of if, but I heard something move five minutes later. I thought it was just my house creaking again (my house is VERY old) and just turned back to the book I was reading, but my curiosity soon took over my thought and I looked at the dark corner and saw a little creature. I thought I was just hallucinating and rubbed my eyes. It remained there. I gasped and looked at it closer to see exactly what it was. It was quite small (it could easily fit into my arms) and was grinning at me in a playful way. That was enough for the 10 year old me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and tried backing up. It just stayed there grinning at me as if it wanted to play. But it ran past me all if the sudden and I screamed again, but my fear was soon balanced out with anger. It had taken my (favorite) book. I started running after it (I was still quite scared, but I figured it would not harm me since it didn't when it had the chance) but the little monster ran pretty quick and ran into my kitchen and into a cupboard. I cautiously opened it, scared of what might happen. But it just jumped out and landed right beside me, its tail swishing, and holding my book close to it. I reached my hand out shakily reaching for my book, but I noticed something... It seemed to be laughing at me. And then it ran off again while I yelped and yanked my hand back at the sudden action. But now, three years later, it is still with me. It is still very mischievous and such. It follows me around, even in public, but it seems as if no one can see him. My things always go missing and sometimes I will find some of my unimportant things chewed on. It is just like having a very mischievous pet. I have told my parents about it multiple times, but they don't believe me. No one does. But I know he is there. I always see him. He is now a normal thing for me.
ValentinaCroft (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
What an interesting story!
I have never seen an imp; I have never had any sort of "paranormal" experience.
However, I have family members in Mexico that have had quite a few experiences, and I will tell you an example of a nonghost one.
There are stories of these beings called "duendes" (duh WEN dehz) or Spanish for elves or something. I do not know the exact translation. They are like very little children. My family said in their experience, they were usually spotted near water sources like a stream, and in the more rural areas. And the only ones that these "duendes" appear to are young children, probably because they do not trust adults or older kids. There are so many things that live with us in this world, and it fascinates me how all these cultures have their own stories and experiences. I think that some entities or beings are found in just some locations, like a certain species of bird is only found in the Galapagos or something, for example.
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Hi Michore, thanks, and awesome to see local on here:) So are you a student, working, or know / interested in the paranormal? Yes, the description is spot on, with some differences here and there. I would google more info, but I get nervous! Wow, that is hectic you say people have been to hell and came back? What book was that... Wouldnt mind getting my hands on that...
Michore (30 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Hi ashville! I'm also from South Africa Stellenbosch, so if you ever need help with such things I will surly help you. I think I know what that imp thing is your talking about, I've heard of a few cases of where people witnessed them and even deskribed them. I've also read two book of people that went to hell and saw the the and the description is basicly the same. It look exactly how you would imagine an imp would look like but here are some destinct fetures, they don't have eyes (and if they do its ether very small or you can't see them) there head is biger and out of proportion with there body, thay have pointy ears, like a bat, and there face looks like a pointy nose. Thay are hell minions that drag dead people from the hells gate hell, that where one of the authers whitnesed them. Drugs can atract demons and evil spirits, people who do drugs can easely be sensitive to the spiritual world, they have a lack of control over themselves, and demons can manifest to them and it can be easely written off as an illusion. Just let me know if you have some more questions:)
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
yay! Darkness

"lower vibration entities"

I haven't heard anyone else say that yet.:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
LOL, Darkness,
That was the same thought that ran though my head when ashville describe the thing in the end.

Ashville,
I agree with Darkness that your friend attracted the negative spirits while she was using. I know you probably moved out but you could have blessed the house to make sure that it never came back. I still suggest you do that in your new place so that nothing bad happens. Good Luck!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
The last thing you described reminds of something out of that movie "The Unborn" eww freaky, but yes these darker and lower vibration entities can be brought out by people who are under the influence of drugs and going through a dark patch of their life, this is a beacon for them.
I am thinking they were just curious to to know who you were at the time and wanted your attention, I am glad no more came of it for you though.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
i like imps. I would love to have one as a pet. I don't think my cats would enjoy that though. They are very very mischievious though and they will be bad... They are lesser demons after all.

And there seems to be the big watcher there again. Hmmm...
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Hi everyone, thanks for all the comments. Skittleschic99 (lol nice name), the house is situated in a recently developed complex, ie cluster housing... I do not know how old, but the area is newly developed and I'm sure is not older than 10/20 years, at a push.
The "imp" to say is not a specific anything, if you search or google it, it will basically summorize a dark mass resembling a creature type figure, say about 3ft, it could be anything, but it something "dark", paranormal, as appose to a ghost or friendly spirit. Defonitly the drugs had a part to play in in it! (not me, lol) my friend. Which is why it bothers me, that I saw it, sensitive or not - still gets me how it is visble to others... How did it get there, is it solid, or in how head? I just can't get my head around it... And try not to think about it too much, bu my personal take on it all is that (i, personally) think (not neccessarily -spelling? Believe) that... There is a underworld, type parallel world all around us... Where all these bad things lurk... From non human entities to demons...anything...i think they are around everybody, but only those who can or claim to be sensitive are able to catch a glimpse or experience. But that's just what I think, I'm by no means an expert on anything, so perhaps somebody can correct me, is there like a straight fact to this?
skittleschic99 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
I do believe in this kind of thing. I have no doubt that this really happened. Does your friend live in an old house? I live in Massechussetts and my house is over 150 years old. I have seen somthing like an imp before.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
Ashville, you are describing things that I have never heard of in South African culture. I am familiar with good old fashioned ghosts, apparitions and a bit about the Tokolosh. This is way out of my league! Sounds very Hollywood-ish to me. 😉
Sorry, I really would like to help you...
Thanks for sharing.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
Um, hi. The imp-like creature you described has a striking resemblance to what we have in our Malay culture. We call that Toyol. These devils, they were used to steal for their owners. And to keep it, the owners must feed it with blood (they suck their owners' big toe, like a baby suckling from its mother). But, this is our version. I don't know what it's for in your country. Your friend should get rid of it. Whatever reason it was there for, it's up to no good. 😨
showgirls1980 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
They do say that people who have drug or alcohol addictions tend to be the ones that attract the negative energies. Your friend is very brave to have had to put up with such entities! I myself would have left that house and never gone back lol
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: