You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Still Terrified

Real Ghost Stories

Still Terrified

 

It's been a while since I've put anything up since my last encounters, but I'm still terrified and still very fearful about what is out there.

I am currently living out with my boyfriend's parents whilst he's still overseas. So anyway, the past few weeks have been interesting. Laying in bed one night, I rolled over and faced the entrance to my room (they are 2 French doors) and watched as one opened slowly, which I assumed was the cat until it shut afterwards. I quickly reached up and turned the light on to find nothing in my room at all. I tried to think happy thoughts after that, but that was an epic fail. I was laying there hugging my teddy bear when I got the overwhelming feeling that something was beside the bed. Usually I'll look at try to see what the hell it is, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, I was that terrified.

So bumps and bangs during the night continued until last Friday. I was home alone whilst everyone was at work. I went outside to check my dogs when I could hear footsteps inside and then laughing. I shrugged that off, until I heard it again.

Mind you, where I live is on a massive cattle property 30 minutes from town. Literally in the middle of nowhere. So I walked inside and wasn't too freaked out and thought I'd unpack the dishwasher when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I got the feeling something was watching me. I froze whilst bending over and could see something out of the corner of my eye. I didn't move for about a minute, and it didn't either. I worked up the courage to turn around and when I did, there was an old lady standing on the other side of the kitchen counter. I dropped the plates and ran.

When my boyfriend's father came home, I described his mum to him (who had passed away). He said, "How do you know?" which I replied, "I just seen her!" He showed me a picture and it was, in fact the lady. He mentioned that his daughter had seen her before in the kitchen and that it was her anniversary of her death 2 days before. He then followed saying, "Maybe she is warning us that something bad is going to happen." Two days later, my boyfriend was mugged in Copenhagen.

I stayed at my parents' house for a couple days and then my boyfriend's sister had her partner over and he stayed in my room. He couldn't sleep the whole night in there, actually ended up sleeping on her bedroom floor. He heard banging, tapping and rustling in the corner. I came home the next night, went to bed as normal when I was woken up by a loud thud. I sat up and was letting my eyes adjust when I could hear the tin on my shelf making twings and twangs as if you were tapping it with something metal. That night's sleep was ruined and I stayed awake with the light on after that.

I am currently at my parents' house for the night and as I'm typing this there is not a minute that goes by where I'm not looking over my shoulder freaking out. There has already been bangs in the laundry, my shoelace been pulled and hats falling off the hat stand. All whilst I've been writing this. I can't help but get the feeling that whenever I talk about or write about it that it pisses it off? Is that a bit extreme to think?

Even though I may have seen the lady, I get the feeling that it is a man. I don't know why, but I just have that feeling. Anyways I can contact this spirit without a Ouija board? I just want answers (Before I have a heart attack!)

Be safe xx

Jenna xx

Other hauntings by JennaK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JennaK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

misshaze (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-27)
Hii!
I will recommend you to start praying out loud and always keep a bible under your pillow and maybe read a verse or two before you go to sleep. Remember that evil entity feed of your fear, don't let him win! The devil is real but so is GOD! God is more powerful than anything that could be in your house, so when you hear something or feel anything just think that god is always with you and he will always protect you! 😁
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Ooh my wow That's awfully strange also don't. Go near the board I did it before and my hauntings got worse honestly it is a wild card you never know so be safe and go to a medium and ask. Them ok
P.S I love reading your experiences

~~Aoife
Windyfeet (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Hi hi! Like other people said, DON'T use an Oujia board.
It's a wildcard- you'll either get good or bad. Anyway, like the other people also said, you're scared of this ghost. I think you have two ghost though, a holy/good one which is the mom, and then the other one that's been reoccurring- the hitchhiker.
This hitchhiker is following you and attached onto your body wherever you go, and I'm not an expert so I don't really know how to get rid of him. Like they said, you're afraid, and he can smell it, sense the fear. So, stop being afraid! Get all goofy and be happy instead:B But if you can't, then pull on a facade! And make it good, too!
Samion (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
You are scared of this entity. This is an unfortunate fact. Therefore, do not contact it in any way, whether via the board, digital recordings or anything else. Whilst you are afraid you are vulnerable in the unlikely event that this spirit is malicious as you fear it may be. Ignore it, don't invite or encourage it except to tell it firmly that you don't like it. If it bears you no ill will then it may well even respect your wishes - if not then not being able to feed off your fear may force it's retreat to richer hunting grounds in order to maintain it's kinetic manifestation.
Jimmiejam (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
Yeah exactly as Rook said, but if you're using a recording device, you may need to make sure it can pick up on white noise (EVP), although worth a shot anyway.

If you're using notepad (or word), then make it as blatantly obvious as possible what is going on to the spiritThis means that she's got less chance to get confused, and not know that you want her to reply.

If you want you can put a title at the top middle in bold capitals and a bigger font size saying "Dear lady" (or whatever her name is), and then ask the question a paragraph down, then leave a paragraph blank and flashing at that point ready to type at that point so she can more readily access it.

The spirit may take a few attempts to get back to you just keep that in mind, and if all else fails the odd EVP conversation here and there in different locations will give more chance.

P.S. I may have gotten mixed up between whos' ghost it was, sorry about that lol
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
JennaK,

Thats pretty much it. 😁 You can also use alphabet magnets on your refrigerator. Ask a couple of questions out loud and leave the kitchen... Go to bed, out on the town...whatever...Then check the fridge when you return. You may find an answer. Of course you can also try a digital recorder... Simply press record, ask a question...pause...ask another question...pause...Continue this pattern for as log as you feel comfortable doing so, then stop recording and play it back... You may hear sounds or words that were not heard while you asked the questions.

Just a few ideas. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
JennaK (6 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
Thankyou all so much... About trying to contact this spirit, people say to use a notepad. Do I just write down simple questions and leave the notepad and pen wherever?
Cheers guys:) xx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
scaryhappy - you regret using the Ouiji board. That's cool. But since your comments are getting deleted one by one, do you regret your profile name?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
Thinking the same as redphx, the energy you feel isn't one that is experienced by everyone so yes it is differant and unnerving to get used to.
I don't think by seeing your boyfriends grandmother that that had anything to do with him being mugged in my opinion, I think it was more to do with the anniversary of her passing. Nothing to be afraid of but yes easier said then done I understand! No to the Ouija! All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
it sounds me that you just don't like the energy of any ghost around you. That is a feeling that is very hard to get used to. I don't think anything is there to hurt you.
Jimmiejam (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Ghosts and spirits are all around us all the time. What I think is happening is that your dads mums' ghost / spirit is making herself known to you to warn you of the bad ghost, spirit or demon.

I agree with Virtualboy in saying that I wouldn't recommend you try Ouija either, unless you know what you are doing and confident. But since the being can scare you as it is, it could scare you into a blind panic, leading to burning the board (bad), agreeing to possesion to leave you alone (lies because it will be in you obviously, and also bad lol), or simply not saying goodbye (bad and important).

Bad beings have different purposes and can simply just be out to scare you, so harm may not come into it, but be wary. The best idea is to communicate with your dads' mum and ask what she wants to say to you, and if she has any advice.

Also there are a few other ways to contact spirits, you can even ask a question in notepad, making it clear you want to talk through this (and to her), and ask her to respond in kind. But this may also not work because the presence seemed to go when the light
Was on, so she may not do well with electronics or computers (also bearing in mind they are modern technology and older people may not understand this).

Your best bet is to just open yourself up to her presence and brave her questions / answers, she's already trying to make herself known, or get a medium, Good luck:)
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
I do think it's extreme to think whatever this is knows your thoughts and is pissed off. I think this is your fear working you up to a fever-pitch. I know it's easier said than done, but you need to try to control your fear and approach this rationally. Try to make sense out of the pattern, and if activity is really starting to interfere with your life, gently but firmly try setting some ground rules (such as no loud noises at night). You can try doing this simply by speaking to the spirit or spirits when you think they are around or when something happens. I echo others who've recommended against the ouija board. I don't think that is ever a good idea.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Seems to me, that someone is trying to make contact with you for whatever reason. Maybe a message has to come through to you... The little touches here and there (shoelaces pulled etc) are the signs that it is trying to make you awares of its presence... Rather than running out all the time... See if you can muster the courage to stand there and ask what it wants... As Virtualboy has stated, it definetly can answer a lot of questions you may have... I don't think this is a vicious entity... If they want to harm they do.

Jenna be safe and be more awares... Also stay away from the board! Another whole bag of evil right there...
virtualboy (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
I wouldn't suggest using a ouija board to contact the spirit. You're likely to attract something else, and if done improperly, ouija seances can be dangerous.
You could try doing an EVP, (recording white noise, and replaying to listen for responses) or simply talking to the ghost when you hear/see it. It may find a way to communicate with you. It doesn't sound malevolent, just like it wants attention, so I wouldn't be too alarmed. It may even be watching over you or trying to tell you something. Good luck:)
kestralflightwarriors (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
I hope that you don't get hurt or anything...Scary. I know when I have experiences I flip out and hide under my covers. Last night actually, I kept hearing a tapping noise every 15 seconds or so. It sounded like someone walking up the stairs towards my room. I fell asleep before anything happened, but I was still pretty scared. Just pray to God that it doesn't hurt you and for safety. ~Kestralflight 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: