You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Girl In The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Girl In The Bathroom

 

This is my first story on the site and my experiences happened while I was about 15 living with my parents.

My dad was in the british army and we were posted to an area in Germany that used to be a Royal Air Force base. We moved to one house but got moved to another soon after on the same base due to construction.

All was fine in our second house for the first few months. However after a while mainly me and my mum started witnessing strange things. (I didn't tell my mum about my experiences until after we moved because I didn't want to scare my family).

I was out one day, my dad at work and it was just my mum and my brother in the house in the living room. My mum suddenly heard what sounded like someone putting a glass or jar on top of the kitchen counter, so she called my name thinking it was me however I was out. She thought this was strange but she just shrugged it off. Also her bedroom lights were always turned back on after she turned them off which she also shrugged off. On another occasion while my dad was at work and me and my brother at school my mum heard banging in my bedroom. My bedroom door was shut so she opened it and saw all my ornaments and bits and bobs that I had on my tv table were all placed onto the floor in front of the table. Some were tipped over and some were neatly placed. My bedroom window was shut and so was my door so my mum found it extremely strange.

Thats about it for my mums experiences, mine were a little more strange.

Usually my experiences happened while in my room. I had a Hi-Fi which I always played music on. One day I had it on and was singing away when the volume went down and I saw the volume number dials on the screen decreasing. No one was in my room but me. I also felt my hair being played with and touched on various occasions. With all this in mind I NEVER felt scared. Except from when I actually saw her.

I went into the bathroom to wash my hair one night and as I was holding my hand under the shower head to check the temperature I looked into the mirrored shower head to see myself very clearly and behind me I can only describe as a girl about my own age at the time (15) with long dark hair and rags for clothes that were extremely dirty and ripped! She was just stood behind me and watching me. I quickly dropped the shower head, swung around and saw nothing! Considering the girl I had just seen was mainly made up of brown colours I was trying to find an explanation however our bathroom was completely white! Not an area with dark brown or brown anywhere!

After a while we moved to another house down the road and my mum came into my new bedroom and asked me if I had ever had experiences in the old house. I told her everything that happened and asked her why she was asking me about it now. She started telling me about how a new couple had just moved into that house without children and the woman who moved in was saying how it was haunted. However the womans experiences were a little different and a little less friendly.

The woman said she had the usual lights on and off thing going on as well as strange voices and banging. She also said how she had gone round to the neighbours house one day and had left the back door open so she could get back in. When she got back the music in her house was blaring (baring in mind her husband was away on tour) and the other neighbour came out asking what she was playing at with all the loud music! She quickly explained how she hadn't put music on and as she tried to get back in, the back door was shut and locked!

Its fair to say the couple left because they got scared out of their new home.

I still to this day feel like the girl I had seen felt lonely after we left so she just played up and got angry. I feel like she was mainly in my room and showed herself to me because we were of the same age hence why she played with my hair and that I never felt scared.

I hope you enjoyed my story its not extremely scary or anything but I'm just sharing my experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lorrraaiinnee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zeusgodoftheskyiliveonolympuz (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
maybe a girl died going to the bathroom? Hmm I don't know
Strange
lorrraaiinnee (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
thanks for the comments guys! Yeah I kind of feel sorry for the girl too because nobody lives in the house anymore as the britsh army are all leaving that area:/ I didn't know the history of the house but the area was an old RAF base and a lot of other houses were reported to be haunted too...
marleysma (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
You should go back to the house, tell the little girl you are there to visit her. Ask her why she hasn't left, tell her that she won't be lonely, maybe it is time for her to leave? Tell her to be friendly with the new people ❤
Samion (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Your story assumes that the playing loud music and the door being closed are related - music loud enough for people to be coming out and complaining about could easily have shaken a latch off. Just a kid playing loud music while they have the house to themselves - mischief rather than malicious
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
A very interesting story! Felt rather sad for the girl ghost though. Hopefully she'll be able to move on.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
There must have been something about the woman that the spirits didn't like. I enjoyed the story though.

Thank you for sharing 😊
virtualboy (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
I like your theory of her acting out because she missed you. From your expiriences it sounded like she enjoyed your company and was lonely. Her making noises in the kitchen and turning lights on and off sounds like she just wanted to be noticed. Its kind of sad really. I hope she's able to cross over eventually.
crystalbell1 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
Good thing you didn't get hurt! I would be really scared it I was you!
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
Well,thnks for sharing...
Glad your in more safer area now... I don't have the idea what the ghost girl was doing in your bathroom... ❤
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
lorr...,
Did you known anything about history of the house and the girl? Curious...!
You said right she is connected to you well, as she is teenager.

GOD BLESS YOU!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: