You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Last Run

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Run

 

Hi, again everybody, this is an experience that happened to me in 1993, at my dad's home. I was eight months pregnant at the time with my oldest son Christopher. We were all about to eat dinner, my brother, my dad, my son's dad, and myself. We had dinner every night together, sitting in our usual chairs. I was about to take a bite out of my taco, when something bright caught my eye, where I was sitting I could see down the hallway really good.

There running from my brother's room was a old man probably in his 60's jogging towards my room, he was wearing short blue jogging shorts, you know the ones that have white striping all around, no shirt, white sweat bands on his head, and around his wrists. I could see right through him. I jumped up and started screaming, did you see that? Of course, everyone thought I was losing it, trying to explain what I saw through my sobbing and crying. It happened so fast, but seemed like forever, that's how good I saw this man.

As I was packing my bags, my brother came in and said he believed me and that he knew who this man was and how he died. At the time my brother was playing around with a ouija board by himself or usually with a couple of friends. They would tell us stories of how people died and you can contact them by playing the game. My brother told me that the ghost's name was Hank, he would always go jogging every morning, at the same time, same place like clockwork, until one day he was hit from behind and thrown into a ravine, where he lay there bleeding internally.

His body was not found until 4 days after the hit-in-run. He had no family and lived alone at the time of his death. My brother finished his story, and I still could not comprehend what he just told me, if it was true or what, all I can say is I know what and who I saw, but don't know why it chose me to see it, I've haven't seen it again, but my boys and I will never again sleep over at my dad's house again, we just go to visit and leave.

I can tell you though, my dad's house is so haunted, so many different family members have heard, seen, or felt presences in the house. How they got there is beyond me, I just hope that whatever it is they want, they don't try to contact me.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leslie burns, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Thank you for sharing.

I have never heard of any encounter with a ouijia board ending in anything positive, never.

I do hope all that entered your fathers house through paranormal means will find peace and rest.

God Bless!
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Well I can probably tell you how the ghost got there, you said that your brother plays or used to play the ouija board, well there you have it, he opend a portal so now you have spirits all over the house that come and go!
but a side of all this, I hope everything is well and may god be with you and your family... Great story though 😉
Alejandra (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
yeah that is preety scary. But come to think of it, its preety funny thinking of a guy in his joggin shorts running accross the hall.
But then again, its really scary
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Wow...that's a little creepy. I wouldn't sleep there either! A man running in your room is a little strange...weird...

Ceary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: