You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Apartment Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

New Apartment Haunting

 

I recently moved into a renovated apartment above a garage, 75 yards away from our landlord's house in Chepachet, RI.

I used ear plugs to get used to the new location for the first month. Now I decided to put them to rest, but strange things just began happening. Between 3 am and 4:15 am on June 18th at approx 3:50 am, I heard 3 loud bangs in the kitchen outside my bedroom in my open layout apartment. I wake up from the slightest peep, so this obviously startled me. I didn't want to move and couldn't fall back asleep for at least an hour after. I couldn't stop thinking of what that sound was and finally drew the conclusion it was a spoon hitting the back of a plastic dish I cleaned on the drying rack.

The next morning, to my amazement, I was partially correct. Instead of a spoon being next to the bowl, it was a large carving knife. Thus, the knife was hit against the back of the bowl, not a spoon.

June 19th, at 3:34 am, I wake up to hear footstep thumps walking toward the bed. It freaked me out but nothing was there. The footsteps stopped right at the edge of my side. I got up to use the bathroom minutes later and the pantry closet light was on. I was the last to bed and made sure all lights were off.

I live in a forested area with two neighbors. One is my landlord and the other her brother, who is about 300 yards away. Apparently their dead father used to work downstairs in the garage below my apartment. He lived in my apartment before it was renovated.

I am conducting research to see where and why he passed away. I am now under the assumption he might have passed away in my apartment or his garage below.

I will continue documenting my experiences. It is now June 20th at 12:31 am, and I am going to bed.

Other hauntings by ChepachetRI

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChepachetRI, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChepachetRI (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
My fiancé and I were able to debunk the last occurrence, is it was most likely an episode of anxiety combined with sleep peralysis. I will continue to post my future experiences. At this present time, I have already received word from a paranormal investigator who is advising me of the next steps to take. This includes bringing positive energy into the home. Playing soulful music, white candles, singing, etc. I am also buying sage soon...
ChepachetRI (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Last night I contacted two paranormal investigation teams. Both do cleansings. One was formed by a priest who will conduct liberations. I am also finally going to speak to my landlord, but have been avoiding it because I don't want her to think we are crazy. So people refuse to believe these things. We want to stay because it is such a beautiful place... Our own building,...our last resort is to leave. But at is time we loose a lot of sleep between 2 and 4. For some reason the spirit leaves as soon as the birds start chirping... At about 4:30, when the sun breaks the horizon. I used to find that noise annoying and now find it as my inner sanctuary for peace... A time when I can finally get some rest...
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Hi ChepachetRI,

I echo the post by MizMiMi02, ask questions of the landlord, get details. You have these events, so what is your plan of action?

Move or stay? If staying, what will you do?

Things seem rather hectic, to put it one way... Haunted to put it another 😜... So it is decision time.

I wish you well, and prayer is never wasted.

PeAcE
ChepachetRI (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
June 30th. My fiancé and I were having beers on our deck when we were greeted by our landlords fiancé and soon after our landlord. They both asked, how things were going in our place... As if they knew something more. Apparently, the past tenates frantically evacuated the home without giving notice... Which now begins to make sense. This evening I needed to catch up on sleep so I used earplugs to block out strange noises. My fiancé woke me frantically at 1:30 yelling please help me, telling me she could not move seconds before... Not sure how to judge this situation at this time.
ChepachetRI (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
June 29th between 2:45 am 4:15 am. I have had the worst experience of my life. First, my bedroom door handle (lever) made a loud noise as if someone was trying to enter my bedroom. It occured again 15 minutes later. I have never had my heart pound so fast... I could not fall back asleep. I felt a prescence in our room. I did not want to wake my fiancé who had work ear
Y the next morning, so I had to face this fear alone. I continued hearing noises in my room, which I couldn't tell were natural or supernatural. I got close to my fiancé and put my arm around her, putting my back to the door. Not long after I experience the worst thing... I felt our foam bed topper go down, as if someone sat behind me. I felt pressure against my back, immediately followed by goosbumps, a headache, and sick feeling in my stomach. I let this go on for no more then 5 minutes until I finally sat up and told whatever was there to please stop bothering me. No other occurrences this night...
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
That is very interesting. I could say he is haunting you but I could say he's not.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
ChepachetRI,
Just to cover all bases, you may want to ask your landlord if either of them ever walk in their sleep.
Just a thought. 😊

Jav
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
A nice and simple story.
You should ask his brother, where he died?
Did your landlord and her brother experienced too his precense?
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
The first people I would talk to would be your landlord and her brother. Hopefully they can/will be honest with you about what may have transpired in your new apartment. In the mean time, keep doing what you're doing by documanting everything. You may see a pattern or some clue to help you out.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Interesting story! Surely the landlord should of advised of what had happened there right? My story is of the same origin... On a cottage on someones property and I too had to find out quite violently what had happened.

If you don't feel safe, then get all the facts straight away... Demand it. You are entitled to it. The knife falling worries me a bit to be honest... And the times it is occuring as we all know is 'party time' for them.

Will look out for further posts of yours!
Elexa30 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Too Scary I would love to experience a paranormal activity but I have never been faced
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
I find stories like this - stories that describe simple but odd events - scarier than some of the really dramatic ones. It's the small, simple noises and shadows that frighten me.

Please take care. I will be interested to see what your research turns up.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: