You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Once In A Small Town

Real Ghost Stories

Once In A Small Town

 

When I was younger, from the age of a baby until 7, my family and I lived in this trailer out in a small town called Pink Oklahoma. There were actually two trailers that we had lived in.

The first was old and beat up and from what my mother had told me, an old lady had lived and died there. I was too young to experience what my parents did in this old trailer. My mom has told me her part of how she could hear someone walking around late at night, and the TV would have been off while everyone was asleep and it would turn on, until turned back off by her or my father. Nothing harmful, right?

We had moved for a while before we had gotten out new trailer to put in the same spot as the old one. By this time I was around 5. This is where my story comes in. As a child I never liked being in that "home." It never felt like home. I was terrified to be alone and would often sleep with my mother because if I were in my room trying to sleep I would hear in my closet as if someone was rustling around in it. Being only a child, I was scared out of my mind. Just lying in my bed at night I could hear someone in the hallway walking, which it wasn't either of my parents. Their bedroom had been on the other side, past the hallway, living room, kitchen and dining. My dad was often out on the road so I was able to be with my mom in her room most of the time where I felt safer.

I would often play in my playroom and I would just stop and look around feeling as if someone was watching me. Often when this happened I would get a pain somewhere on my body. Or even sleeping in the living room I would feel the presence of something watching me.

Not until a few weeks ago did my mom admit to me her side of the story while living there. I had been joking around saying how I thought the place had been haunted, expecting her to laugh at me, but she looked me in the eyes and said it was. (Not even remembering the times where my family used to talk about the little things that happened that I mentioned at the beginning.) I had been surprised. She then had asked me about didn't she tell me after we first moved out the little things that had happened? I asked her to tell me about it, though at first she said she hated talking about it and would not because of how bad it was, but after the curiosity got so bad she finally told me.

She had told me that at first it was just little things she could ignore and it wasn't so violent. I could relate because we had experienced some of the same. Then she told me the ugly she experienced. She would wake up in the night and wouldn't be able to move. She described it as someone holding her down. My mom said this had happened several times, and said my dad told her he had the same thing happen. Also the same thing would happen but she told me she also felt as if being choked and could not breathe. This was right before we had finally moved out of the "home" of seven years. I asked her if it had happened multiple times and if my father had it happen to him as well, both were a yes.

After this conversation with her, I thought back to my childhood and all that I had recently learned from my mother. If three people had some kind of experience with it, it has to be real right?

My question is, was it a ghost, or something else? How could it have gone from not being violent, to being harmful to my parents?

Other hauntings by forevercomatosed

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, forevercomatosed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

forevercomatosed (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Also I have to agree with the posts over the old lady becoming possesive, I also believe that was the case more than likely. I also believe once my parents started to go through their divorce, there was a lot more negative energy from her to feed off, and which that was when it become too voilent to even stay in the trailer, my mom had me staying with my grandparents until we could get our own place it had gotten so bad for her and she didn't want me to be around it.
destineelynne (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
Spirits can be tricky sometimes. If they are negative they may wait until the right time to show it. If things are still happening then I would suggest asking a religious leader to help you cleanse the house. There are many things you can do.
Hope this helped!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
red - I knew you'd get what I was saying 😊. Thank you. Darn, I need more characters.

MizMimi - thank you!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
I always listen to what I have to say.

LOL

I too think it is good to read all comments and take in what everyone says. I learn from a lot of people on here. I learn from Ada as well and I post only to help. I am pleased when I can

Actually that was sort of a lie. Sometimes I'm quite argumentative... That isn't always helpful.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
I don't think there is any wrath to be had. I came across this and was in the midst of posting a response, when I read your comment Miracles and I agree.
I am sure everyone has their "go to" members that they believe are awesome and right on all point, after all isn't that what favoriting a poster is for? I have my favorites, and am always inclined to seek out their stories or expericnce. However, I don't think it's a good idea to lead someone in the direction that YOU want them to go, by saying "always listen to xxxx".
My dad told me to always listen to my mom, and well, I'm not going to say how that turned out. Lol I guess my point is that instead of shoving someone in a direction that you think is right, maybe you could give them the tools and advice to make up their own mind.
I always advise people to 'take what you want, and leave the rest.' And it's no different here.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
Ada - I'm sorry but I have something to say about your recent comment. Red, at the risk of incurring your wrath LOL, you're just going to have to forgive me for what I'm about to say. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Ada - I think I understand why you said "ALWAYS LISTEN TO RED," but I have to disagree with that comment. No one should "always listen" to someone else just because someone to them to. You may agree with red and everything she says, but not everyone does.

Now this is to everyone else: each of us should read the advice given and decide whether or not we agree with it, not just blindly follow someone's advice. I wouldn't want someone to always listen to me, because I don't know everything. Heck, some days I don't think I know anything😆 And there are times I say things, and have to go back and say, "Hey, I was wrong. Dumb blonde moment LOL."

My point is, there are a lot of great people on this site with a lot of great advice. Read everyone's comments and follow your gut. But if you read advice that sounds stupid, most likely... It is.
ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
ALWAYS LISTEN TO RED there is something paranormal there going. I am just using my gifts and working really hard at it. I go by facts and heart!
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
I don't know. But what my wild imagination, common sense and bit of intuition says me is that the old lady who had earlier lived your old trailer might have been very possessive about her trailer. When your parents ditched it for a anew trailer, then she really got pissed off.
Her old trailer was her home, even after she was gone, for her it was not haunting. But when your parents ditched her home for a new one, she decided to haunt your family for real.

Just my 2 cents. 🤔
forevercomatosed (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
Well, after we moved from that place, my mom never expeirenced that type of thing again. I even asked her if she thought is was SP. She's a nurse herself.
My dad on the other is very openly admitting to it recently because he found his religion again.
Though I'll admit I thought it was SP too, until my mom and me really got into depth over it. You never know what could be real or a case of SP.
Thank you all for the feedback.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
I believe your parents experienced SP, like the other posters pointed out. It could be of the paranormal, lack of sleep, medications, etc. You can research about it as Miracles has said.

Thank you for sharing 😊
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
I wonder, how their parents had sleep paralysis in that house. For both in one house.
My question is from many years your parents experiencing these?
If not, I didn't suggest it as a sleep paralysis. Because I too heard these type of experiences in our locality.
I didn't agree with other because I heard same experience from my closest one.
chibitaliaftw (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
I agree with most of the comments on here--your parents were having sleep paralysis
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Sleep paralysis. My sibs and I have all had it, in different places. You gotta wonder if it runs in families.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
forevercomatosed - I agree with red. Sleep paralysis. You can find a lot of information on the internet about it, as well as many stories on here about people who have experienced it.

You asked if three people experienced it, it has to be real, right? My answer is yes, it's real. I would have answered yes even if only one of your parents experienced the sleep paralysis.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
They experienced sleep paralysis. Now I know there is something to this condition. Sometimes its medical, sometimes not. I get both.

I know something is up when my husband and I experience it at the same time. Sometimes I would fall asleep on the couch and he would be in our bed. The next day I would mention I got SP and he would confirm he did as well. We would get it at the same time, even if we are in different rooms.

I would say that you had something paranormal going on.
Sailors_Sweetheart0413 (1 stories) (6 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Usually a "ghost" is nothing more than an apparition or, at worst, a mild nuisance. What you seem to be experiencing is some sort of negative entity or demon. They can start out seeming harmless and even kind and fun but it all goes downhill fast. The fact that you felt creeped out by it even when you didn't know it was there tells me that it was a negative entity. Children are especially sensitive to it and it might have been kinder to you because it didn't want to scare you too much too quickly. They aren't stupid beings and it may have wanted to keep you from going to your parents because then you might have moved and it wouldn't be able to draw from your energy anymore.

Just my two cents

~Minnie ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: