You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is My Dead Uncle Trying To Comunicate?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Dead Uncle Trying To Comunicate?

 

My mom and I wanted a new beginning for our lives. So we moved in with my mom's brother, Jeff. Jeff works in the oil rigs and he went to a different state for a couple of weeks.

Before I get into the story, I should tell you that a few years before my Uncle Heath died in a motorcycle accident that killed him instantly.

Anyways, my mom and I lived there for a couple of weeks and everything was totally normal. One night, about 10:30 or so, I was getting a drink of water and I heard the front door open and close hard. (Please note: When you enter the front door there is a little square of tile flooring then the rest of the room is carpet until you hit the kitchen.)

When the door closed, I heard something like work boots on the tile floor. Then I heard somebody walking on the carpet. It was coming my way.

Then I heard the same work boots in the kitchen. I thought it was my Uncle Jeff coming home early. So I went to turn around and I began to say, "Hey Un-" and there was no one there. But I still heard the footsteps. (Note again: The kitchen leads to the laundry room and the back door.)

I stood there frozen. I heard the footsteps go into the laundry room. On the other side of the laundry room is my aunt's master bathroom.

The next day I told my aunt and my mom what happened and my aunt told me that she was laying down in her bed watching TV (her bed faces the shower in her bathroom) and she saw the shower curtain go up. Like, pick up off the floor and up, like someone walking through the shower. She got so freaked out that night, she slept in the living room.

Ever since then, they have been hearing footsteps and chairs are moving. Objects have been moved.

Their dog, Bodie, will bark at nothing. He's the sweetest dog you will have ever known, but when he knows something is not right, he will try and protect his family from anything and anyone he feels is a threat.

Thanks for listening.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OliviaT14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

OliviaT14 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Thanks Brookie for taking the time to read my story. Um if you guys want to here more encounters that either a family member of I have had, please tell me and possibly give me feedback. Thanks again everybody for the positive comments. ❤
ghostgirl55443322 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Hello Olivia,
very neat story I found it amazing yet scary you know? The shower curtian moving would definitly scare me I liked your story very much.

WITH LOVE...Brookie
OliviaT14 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Dear Rebecca,

I'm really glad you liked my story. It means a lot.

I can't really tell anybody about stuff like this, so it really does mean a lot to me. 😊
Rebecca592 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Hi, I've read your story and it's kind of off like really scary to me but I'm not sure for the others.

I really enjoyed your story so much but I'm kind of sort of like I am have heart attack but not to worry. It won't affect.

Thank you for sharing this for us!

Respectfully,
Rebecca
OliviaT14 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
Thanks Rook for your comment. I don't believe my Uncle Heath lived with his brother. He had/has a beautiful family in another city. That's why I was kind of confused. Why would he want to make himself present to us when he has a family in another city. He had a wife and two kids. Why visit us when you have that, you know?

For MrFear627India, at the time, the house was my aunt and uncle's. They were so generous to give us a roof over our heads in a time of need. We were there for only a couple of weeks when this happened. My aunt told us, stuff like this never happend. My aunt is kind of a scardy-cat so if these paranormal experiences were happening before I think she would have warned us before-hand or wouldn't have been as frightened when she had her experience.

Qua, after our first experience, we had been hearing more and more footsteps. Acutually, there was a doll experience that my mom and I had a month or two after the first. (Don't know if it was my uncle or someother entity. Not sure if it was even paranormal)
My mom was in the bathroom, and she texted me to go into the bathroom fast. So I ran, and I shut the door and she told me to listen. I did and I heard my 4-year-old cousin's doll talking. Usually when you want it to talk you have to feed it or hug it or do something like that. Nobody was in the house, except my mom and I. So that was strange.

We have moved, and we don't have much contact with my aunt and uncle because of other personal situations, so I don't know if they've had anymore experiences after we left.
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
OMG! That is so spooky! Did you and your aunt hear footsteps again?
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
No I think its not your uncle.
Something came to your home spirit,evil,demon I don't know.
If he is your uncle he should have said something to your family members, tries to show his presense.

Is this first time happen in your house?
How do you get to conclusion that may be your uncle.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
This sounds as if it is a Prime Example of a working theory many of us here on YGS call a 'Living Residual Haunting'.

Perhaps I should state just what that is...

Living Residual Haunting: A 'playback' of emotional or frequently repeated events that have been 'recorded' by the environment. Most often associated with events in an individuals life a Residual Haunting starts after the death of an individual. In the case of a 'Living Residual' the playback has started before the individual who caused the imprint has passed away.

So unless your Uncle Heath lived with your Uncle Jeff for a long period of time in the home in question the odds are in favor that this theory may be the cause...

Thank you for sharing this with us, please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: