You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Turning Corners

Real Ghost Stories

Turning Corners

 

This event took place back in my old house in Colorado about 8 years ago. I live in Texas now but I still remember the day veeeery clearly. The house we were living in had 4 floors, including a basement. Me and my sisters, I have 3, had always seen things out of the corners of our eye. I specifically remember seeing a white figure stepping halfway out of a doorway the very day we moved out of the house, along with seeing black figures running around corners as we would turn one, they would always be around the one in front of us.

Anyways, one afternoon, in pure daylight, I had gone down to the 2nd floor to take a shower. Our shower was a stand up and had one of those glass doors with the little wrinkles in it at the time. I was taking my shower and I was doing the usual, shampooing my hair when something caught the corner of my eye, so I said hello and asked which of my sisters it was, the figure was not very tall and was very dark. I did not get an answer so I closed my eyes to finish washing out the shampoo and when I opened my eyes again, it was gone. I opened the shower door to see what was going on, until I remembered I had locked the door... Scared out of my mind, I turned off the shower and ran up the stairs to the third floor where my parents were. I asked them who had been in the bathroom and they both said they hadn't, they were watching TV, while my sisters were all playing outside.

Trying to shake the feeling off, I went upstairs to the 4th floor where our bedrooms were and what I next saw, I still can't get out of my head. I turned into my bedroom to see a girl lying in my bed. Plain as day. She was wearing a tattered dress and had the ugliest smirk expression on her face, and she laid there smiling at me. I quickly ran down the stairs and couldn't sleep in my room for days. That was the scariest thing that ever happened to me in that house, and I thought it was over with until we moved to our house in Texas.

Our house had been built brand new for us, no one had lived in it before, and we even had to stay in a motel until they finished building it. A few months ago, I was sitting in our living room watching TV when I had the urge to turn around to the hallway behind me. So I turned around and I saw what I thought was my mom or dad, it was an adult figure, but they were facing towards my room, so the back was towards me and they were holding a basket of laundry, I said hi and no one answered me so I was like okay. Well I got up from the chair later and found the basket of clothes right inside the doorway of my room so I went to ask my mom why she put it there and she said she didn't, so I asked my dad. Again, he said he wasn't in my room. I asked my sisters, even though the figure didn't look like them either, and they said they weren't in my room. And I know they weren't lying to me, but I could not figure out who it was in my room. I dealt with the fact that it was probably another spirit. My mom says it may have been my grandma who passed away 4 years ago, but it did not feel like her.

I should probably add that I tend to dabble in the field of witchcraft as well, Wicca is my religion and I think it may contribute to why these things happen to me. Back in Colorado, was actually the time I began to study the craft and I have continued learning ever since. I always feel like someone is watching me or I am going to turn my head one day and see a figure standing in the next dark room, but from what I saw before, I don't know what to think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Victorianicole95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
you're welcome 😊

One of tha main parts of any Wiccan "ceremony" or "spell" is making a complete circle that forces all evil away and protects those inside it. Also it protects the evil from influencing the intended outcome.

Wiccans do not actively search out bad entities. And most of them do whatever they can to protect themselves from it. SO it would make more sense that a Wiccan would acutally repel lower beings rather than attract them
Victorianicole95 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Thankyou so much redphx ❀ I completely agree with you! Glad you understand
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Samion,
How does one obtain these powers you speak of? Wizard school is not an option for me- as I must hold down a steady job... Perhaps evening classes would suit me, if you could direct me to a branch of Hogwarts- or something similiar?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
[at] Samion,
Tsk tsk tsk...
For someone who has made mention, more than once, of having chosen Cognitive Science as your field of study, I am somewhat puzzled at your response to my comment. I see now that my assumption regarding you having a sense of humor was a bit premature. *sigh*
Nevertheless, I suppose a reply is in order...

Hmm... Where to start?

No, on second thought, it's probably best to leave you just where you are now.
You see, as a student of human nature, I find scientists to be a fascinating study.
Who knows? This may be the start of something big!

Jav
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
meaning that just because someone prectices Wicca doesn't mean they are automatically attracting lower level entities.

I've actually never known a wiccan that does that. They are peaceful people. (most of them) you get your bad apples every where
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
There are a few people her that have studied what you call just a word, an intangible belief. Although I'm not quite sure where exactly you're going with that?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
um. Has anyone actually really spent the time to study Wicca?

You do know that "Wicca" is a word. A word to describe an intangible belief.

It doesn't matter if someone is Wiccan or not. If they are good person they are good if they choose to be bad they are. It has nothing to do with the religion
Samion (13 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
[at] Jav

You don't need to quote me, I know what I said. I was merely pointing out that any person of reasonable ability and spare time can severely screw with another person, so something with alien abilities to a human will be able to do it much worse. I am not trying to get anywhere, but should you so wish to take that route, then fine:

1. Don't go calling people out over the internet, especially when you know they have a point.
2. Don't act like you're the shiat or the world police when you're another user like anyone else.
3. Don't talk like you know me, like a few comments means you have a good read and you can start making assumptions. You want to have a chat, get to know me and then draw some conclusions then you're more than welcome but until that time, just don't.

There is a difference between tough talking and basic faculty of common sense that a person is willing to use. I don't even know what you i'm 'letting go to my head' but I'll always give my opinion in honest words with an appropriate amount of urgency and reference to the world. If you have a problem with that then that's your deal, but if you start giving me attitude over it then you're creating a problems for everyone and no-one comes out of that situation looking good.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
The Handbook For The Recently Deceased? Aww man, does this mean I have to rock my body on time with the football players again? Somebody needs to tell them to shower. And sand worms are the WORST, who went in their cheerios anyhow!?!? πŸ˜‰
Victorianicole95 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Haha thanks everyone for your input! Alright let me clarify what I meant by "dabble." I am studying wicca and witchcraft, with books, online referneces, etc. I have learned about the basics, but am still in the process of learning and protecting myself and putting energy into it and such. But I am devoting myself to it in the fullest.

It was such a frightening experience though, and i'm really into the whole paranormal, ghost, demon, ouija thing (although I've yet to try a ouija board) and I find this stuff interesting, just not when it happens to me! 😜 haha. Again, Thankyou everyone ❀
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
I find myself having to agree with rookdygin on this one (I mean his first comment, before everyone went all primal 😜). Victorianicole95, I wouldn't "dabble" in the unknown without truly protecting yourself, as Spirits can attach themselves to you (either negative or positive Spirits/Entities). You may have bought this on yourself, but there are ways of protecting yourself. I would suggest talking to rook about this, or looking up Wicca protection or cleansing rituals. Perhaps follow the link that Javelina suggested.
Hope you take care, and let us know what happens.
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
ahhhhhh thanks Puff 😊

This would explain why I don't have a copy... Yet πŸ˜‰

That being said it certainly gives new meaning to the name"creepydog" 😨
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
ATTENTION EVERYBODY...

Creepydog has a personalized copy of the Handbook for the Recently Deceased. He is quoting it to us so that we may all know the 'rules' that ghosts need to have to 'operate' by.

This public service announcement brought to you by Puff Bayram.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
I agree with Jav,creepydog

Ive never heard of the rules and I am pretty sure that the ghosts havnt heard of them either as if you read some of the stories posted here there are many times that it seems that a ghost will attach to a person?

I am not saying that you are wrong at all, but I find your statement interesting, care to elaborate?
amberlovick1431 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
i personally think you should stop doing wicca, you could endanger your family and yourself. These hauntings seem to be quite a coincidence that you do wicca in/near both houses. Also in your old house the girl on your bed just from reading it gives me the creeps and if it is you doing wicca causing the hauntings you seem to have attracted not just good entities but bad aswel ❀,

Thank you for sharing it was an interesting story:).
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
[at] Samion,

And now I shall quote you...

"The fact is that I personally, if I so chose and had the time, could really screw with your mind, leave you paranoid, sleep deprived and vulnerable. And I lack the ability to be invisible, incorporeal and omnipresent."

Bragging will get you nowhere grasshopper. I call you that because you are the tough talking new guy. Don't let it go to your head.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
[at] creepydog,
I am quoting you from your comment below...

"The rules are: A ghost may only tred
Once more where living
He has trod before"

There are rules? Where are these rules posted?
I don't see no stinking rules!

Jav
Samion (13 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Rook is a good man but my advice is slightly more forceful - stop. Stop that now.

Frankly, you are neither self confident, self aware or knowledgeable to actively participate in unsupervised rituals. Lets put this in science terms for a minute mate - let's say your school had chemicals which could open a black hole. Where would they keep those chemicals? Why, they would keep them somewhere that they could lock them away. Why? Because without knowing EXACTLY what you are doing and being prepared for every eventuality, you are a danger with those things unsupervised - this is the same situation. The fact is that I personally, if I so chose and had the time, could really screw with your mind, leave you paranoid, sleep deprived and vulnerable. And I lack the ability to be invisible, incorporeal and omnipresent. Stop until you really know what you are and what you are doing, train with someone with experience or have a detailed knowledge of every account of what you are planning you can get your hands on - in short, no dabbling. Every time you play with the spirits, be ready for war or don't start it
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Well I don't understand how there was a
Ghost in your new house.
Maybe there were some victims of a war or
Something who died at that spot. But they
Should not be able to get in the house.
The rules are: A ghost may only tred
Once more where living
He has trod before
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Lou: Eh, I lick it daily. It will heal soon. I'm done running with them... They eat bones and have a weird growl.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
JS,

But how is that Scar healing, brother? As long as you don't hang with the hyenas, we've got plenty of room.

Lou
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Jav: Yes, but it's a friendly flex. 😊

Lou: Grassland's? Come on bro, I have half a mane. I may not get attention or much respect from the lioness, but... Half a mane! 😁
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Easy, cub.

You might want to stick to the grasslands for a bit... The footing on Pride Rock can be a little tricky.

Loustafa
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
JS,
Are you flexing your muscles at me? πŸ˜‰

Jav

Fifty, fifty, seventy five
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Jav: Thank you for the heads up. You sure you want to clip the chain off this male lion though? I'm strong enough to join the pride, easily. 😊
virtualboy (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Rook is on target. You need to protect yourself, and your home (you live with younger sisters?) before you practice anything. I would also suggest you cleanse your home, as some of those entities give me the vibe that they're not so friendly. (Like the girl on your bed) Rook has a good method for that, but you would need some protection first, as they seem attracted to you specifically. Best wishes, seems you've got quite a road ahead of you. Please keep us updated.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Victorianicole95,
I am going to refer you to Rooks advice. Though I am no expert on these matters, I believe you'll find Rook to be our resident 'go to' guy in these situations.
Regarding the laundry basket incident... Being a mother, I have to admit that there are times we do things, such as household chores, without really thinking about it. We go into 'automatic' mode, so to speak. It's not a trance like state, it is simply a forgetful task that is done so often we don't even realize we have done it. Something done repeatedly, like laundry, fits into that realm quite easily.

Jav 😊

~ [at] Jesus_soldier,
Don't be afraid of the debate. As you can see, we all still get along quite famously. And all are a bit wiser for it as well. πŸ˜‰
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Rook: Thank you for that link. It was very interesting. I used to have a closed mind when it came to other people with different beliefs. I can't stand when I see these 'your going to hell' marches. It's a shame seeing humans destroy one another. I don't want to preach too much though. We know were that leads to (something like our posts from your story). Thank you for asking that question though.

😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Jesus_soldier,

I was still enlisted in 1999 when Wiccan soldiers were 'granted' the same religious rights as others that were serving in the Military.

I was no longer a practicing 'Witch' at that time, but I cringed as people made statements like, "Witchcraft, isn't a religion." While that statement is technically correct, Witchcraft is the 'spell casting' aspect that some Wicca's use as part of their Religious Belief's but an individual does not have to practice 'spell craft' in order to be Wiccan.

Here's a great 'basic informational' page concerning Wicca...

Http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcra.htm

If you scroll down you will see a section titled

'Topics covered in this section:'

The 'Introduction' section explains just how diverse Wicca can be.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
Rook: No offense was taken. Yes, they have them on military bases. Well, let me rephrase that, 'on some military bases'. Christians have been fighting against it for awhile. They will more than likely, attend services and perform rituals in a outdoor setting. There are actually prisons that let Wiccans attend services weekly. It's really growing around the world. I research a lot of religions.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: