You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Someone Walking Briskly Across The Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Walking Briskly Across The Ceiling

 

Greetings dear reader,

For some time now I have been wondering whether or not to add something here. Wondering because I don't have some fab ghost story... Just three experiences that come to mind.

I'll relate them in order of year and they are unrelated.

1991 maybe, lying in bed, with the light on, looking at the ceiling. Rented unit. I distinctly heard footsteps of someone walking briskly across the ceiling. Upon later investigation, the next day, I saw that the ceiling to roof space was about a meter or so in height. The roof itself was clay tiled and angled, and I lived upstairs, there being a ground floor, a first floor, of some dozen units.

There was no possibility of a bodied person walking across, physically impossible, and I was sure of what I heard. There was nothing further to this. It wasn't anyone on the roof, it wasn't that kind of a sound. It was a sound of someone immediately above, on the ceiling walking briskly across.

***

1992 about, a different location... Tragic death of my sister's friend. I wrote her a song, and had just put down my guitar from playing such for her, when a poster on the wall part-fell, moved. Four blue tac blobs holding the poster up, and suddenly it part-fell on like a 45 degree angle... It had never done that before nor after. Nor have I ever had this happen to other "posters".

My attention spun immediately to this event and no sooner had that happened, than a string on my guitar was plucked. This simply does not just happen. I concluded that the spirit of my sister's friend was present at that time.

***

2004 a different location... I had this sudden and strong impression of my grandmothers presence. She was easily the kindest person to me from all my relatives and I had not had contact with her for several years. Unfortunate circumstances. Some years later I made contact with her son, my mother's brother, my uncle and he related that my grandmother had died and was prior very concerned for me... That this had occurred in 2004 (I am not absolutely sure though... Although having asked, I have not gotten further details - I am in Australia and these relatives are in Europe).

At the time I thought about writing down the event, but decided against it as there was nothing to be gained. I understand in existence beyond bodily death, and I also understand that one ought to do with living a good life here... Eg being kind to oneself and others.

That my grandmother contacted me did not surprise me, and it must have become obvious that I was unable to respond beyond an acknowledgement of me perceiving her presence.

***

Other incidents. There have been times in my life when I and others have noted a spiritual interaction regarding me... Something like a guardian angel. Sorry for being vague, but do I share such or not? I may as well just note it here too.

There have been several "freaky interactions", for want of a better description between myself and the other side. I'll just leave it at that, I felt contacted and more, and interacted with (communicated with... "given"). Well it had a positive effect on me. It is difficult to describe and if I were to give details it would all sound too weird, that is for sure, so I will just leave it at that. That existence is real beyond what we experience.

***

To conclude, this isn't some fab single story but more an account of my life time experiences and my on going experiences.

Other persons have shared and for what it is worth, I submit my story.

I don't know what reader questions would be relevant, as I view the above more of something that just is. Nothing I can research or wish to elaborate on per se. Being "given things" is simply too weird to share. Also such are really close to my heart... Maybe for a chat over a coffee or tea, but not to my mind for online. Thanks for your understanding.

Then there are other "supernatural" experiences, that don't involve spirits, and I understand such is beyond the scope of this site. I'll just add that such are my experience too.

I'd like to conclude with my experience in sum, that the spiritual world is real, very real, and I know this without question.

As to what do I take away from all of this? Well I think we are here to learn, specifically love and forgiveness. My life has been exceedingly difficult and hard, and often times I have felt most sorry for myself... But I am still here.

I think that is all I want to say... Thanks for reading.

PeAcE

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spectae, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
I too believe in a Supernatural world beyond our normal senses. The facts are just too hard to ignore.
I loved how you related about your friend's sister, I felt for sure that it was your friend's sister perhaps liking that you wrote a song for her.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
spectae,
I had decided to stay away from responding to the posts left on this thread that weren't directed specifically at me. However, leaving the others to their own devices, I cannot let your little tantrum go unrewarded. You may think and say what you like about Rook, and it's obvious you have no qualms in doing just that, but your assessment of his intentions here at YGS shows you to be nothing more than a jealous and immature child. I can't even begin to tell you how unsurprised I was to read the crap you barfed onto the page about him. And though I am certain you could care less what I think of you, I'll say it anyway. You showed the truly disgusting, and far too familiar, side of yourself in this little manufactured drama. Yes, I said "manufactured drama". Did it ever occur to you that in doing this in the manner you have, that you were tipping your hand? Again? You have no patience whatsoever. Jumping ugly at the drop of the hat over nothing at all. Each time I see it I become more bored than the time before.
No carefully worded text needed for that little display, now was there? No heavenly rainbows or kind smiles? You have shown yourself to be quite adept at getting to the point when your intent is to insult and degrade others. Every single poster that has commented on your thread here is capable of fending for themselves, and good for them for doing so. They certainly don't need me or anyone else to stand up against you. How sad and pitiful that realization must be for you.
Sorry kiddo! No religious debates or slapping you back for the insults spewed forth at my friends expense. Not today little one. You simply aren't that good.

Jav
adsouza (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Spectae: Your account is interesting. I had no difficulty following any part of your write up, except for the part with the guitar. Since you have not asked for any help, I am not going to waste your time.

What I had a hard time following was your response to comments posted by other individuals. I'll put it down to you having a bad day. So we'll just have to wait and see...
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Also you brought up how ironic Jesus_soldier is, how about you ranting and raving like a lunatic and at the end of posts what do you put only 'PeAcE' 😕
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Hmm I was on my own thinking you were alright, I hadn't put you down or critised your manner towards others, I asked you a simple question and you tells me to 'stop trolling'. Seems to me like YOU'RE the troll here. 😠
Joel (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
A couple of factual comments regarding Christianity and Jesus since it seems to be an issue in this discussion.
1. One of the largest Christian mission focussed organisations is the Salvation Army. Many people donate and support their work because they see the analogy of fighting on the side of Christ.
2. Christians are warned about showing an interest in the paranormal as 'ghosts' are seen as a sign of evil at work on earth. It is natural to be curious about these things but it is generally regarded as an unhealthy curiosity by most Christians.
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Well this just stinks, and I was just about to invite everyone down here to Australia for a get together (like the get together a bunch of you had RE;Ghost hunting with Loonies)
Who is going to want to come now one of us Aussies has peed everyone off 😭
Thanks heaps spectae! (I am joking, please don't get mad spectae, you scare me 😜)
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Thank you Granny, Stephyw2001, Rook, and DeviousAngel. I'm not going to leave you as the outcast Spectae. I'm going to thank you as well. I understand your viewpoint, it's all good. Feel free to leave a comment on my stories in the near future.

JS 😊

P.S. I want a shout to Jav, for giving me a ideal for my signature, woot! Woot! 😆
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Ugh... To call your statements idiotic would be an extreme understatement. Your replies to both Rook and myself made no sense. In fact, I don't even want to associate the words "your" and "sense" in the same sentence since you constantly seem to misconstrue what people are saying. I'm going to bed now, and I won't be returning to your story, as it was boring to begin with, and now its giving me a headache.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
spectae: I guess it's all in the way I'm interpreting your text, then? 🤔...Because you sure seem upset, and even pissed that anyone offered another explanation for a couple of points in your account, even though they did so with the utmost respect; not unlike your offerings of late...

I did enjoy this story, and I wish you well in the future...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Spectae, it is clear to me that your comments are a rare case of what I would like to call "eloquent trolling". You seem to decide what reality is and isn't for yourself and attempt to enforce your personal reflections on others. You chastise people for trivial matters, such as a screen name, to detract from a well-made point. I, for one, will not be wasting any more time reading your stories. I wish you all the best.

Oh, and one final thought: I find it intriguing that you seem to mention Mother Theresa a lot, particularly when you patronized Jesus_soldier for his screen name. Why, indeed, would he care what Mother Theresa would have thought? Whereas she may be one of history's faces for Catholicism, that doesn't make her the face of all Christianity. In fact, she was not even really that good of a person, though she was inclined to do good things. She was a supporter of barbaric practices at her hospice cares and orphanages that crossed the lines of neglect and abuse, specifically because she believed that suffering brings one closer to Jesus. She also gave her support to a number of financial donors who were actively involved in fraud and corruption.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

(There are other sources which are indicated under the "criticism" subheading.)

I think after reading your responses that I have to reconsider my judgment of your personality as being down to earth and logical, and I must agree with Stephy that I doubt anything of paranormal nature really happened here. Thanks anyway.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Dang! I feel left out. Me next! Me next! I didn't even read your story. Your turn!
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Casper_the_ghost,

There wasn't room. Simple. I don't know how to express this any clearer... Try imagining a grown adult walking inside the boot of car for a few meters... No room, right? That is what I mean when I say there wasn't room... No room!

A dictionary may help with the terms "no room".

Stop trolling!

PeAcE
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
zzsgranny,

I expressed an opinion regarding an oxymoron name. I hardly call that snapping. Contrary to your assertion, I don't get offended by others experiences and opinions. What you say is without substance.

Stephyw2001,

Why would anyone blatantly insult and criticize, kind comments? Your very opening remark is illogical! The rest of your comments are of the same vein. You express a fabrication of your mind trying to comment on the reality of a situation.

Rookdygin,

I didn't rant, but you did. Something made you come online... Really? Like something makes one want a cup of coffee? Do you see mystical things in tea too? You and your ever copy and pasted self proclaimed prophet of all that is paranormal is about as close to a medical condition of the mind as ever there is!

You are a nut case, to put it basic terms. Yes a nut case! You spout your pagan nonsense at a drop of a hat and worse still, you lead others into believing your clap trap. You are a danger to yourself and to others and you really ought to stop... STOP!

The only thing persons need are the Bible and professional medical help for spiritual experiences and borderline mental illness... What they don't need is your cult of Rook!

Sorry to sound so harsh, but do you have any idea of the harm you are causing with your egotistical nonsense?

A lot of the posts here are little more than spun tales, but you still spout your nonsense enough and have persons deceived with your pseudo-science-spookyness and you really need a public de-frocking!

You harm people! So stop it already!

***

The conversation regarding Jesus_soldier is one I had with that person and it didn't require the subsequent chorus of behavior... Unless you consider this person to be so feebly minded that they cannot express their point of view when presented with another.

I do find it also rather ironic given how anti-Christian and pro-spooky make believe many of the loudest protesters are... Unlike you, I don't actually have a problem with the message of Jesus_soldier so perhaps this is an opportunity for you to repent and listen to what he actually has to say beyond his name... Or will it be a case of riding off on your high horses, or should that be broom sticks or whatever your pseudo-spooky belief system is.

The way this place is run, is akin to the inmates of the nut house running things, and many a person who has sought to shed light here has been variously bullied away, because... You can't have a different opinion and especially one that threatens the hierarchy of self proclaimed false spooky prophets here.

PeAcE
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Hi Spectae, prefer stories like yours as they aren't OTT and are easier to believe.

I just have one question for you. You say this, "I saw that the ceiling to roof space was about a meter or so in height." And then, "There was no possibility of a bodied person walking across, physically impossible".
How could there not have been enough room for a person to be in that space when it was a meter in height? It could of been a child squatter? 😳
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
I'm not normally on over the weekend (Friday / Saturday for me) but 'something' prompted me to get on and check and I'm glad I did... So at the risk of adding to this 'debate' here's my two cents...

Spectae,

I'm going to 'ruin' your rant.

A solider serves many different rolls in a battle.
Many 'enlist' to 'fight the good fight' using the skills they have developed in life. So when you say this...

"Also isn't it a bit of an oxymoron "Jesus" and "Soldier"? The whole "Onward Christian soldiers" isn't something I could see Mother Teresa having ever tapped a tambourine to!"

You are wrong... She 'danced to that beat' she applied the skills she had, used them with-in her Faith and 'forwarded' the 'cause' as any 'good solider' does.

So please go peddle your 'misconceptions' elsewhere.

Respectfully,

Rook
stephyw2001 (guest)
+6
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Spectae, unlike the kind comments many others have left that you have blatantly insulted, or criticized, I will do no such thing. I find nothing of paranormal nature to your story. If you wish to speak as if you know Jesus on a first name basis, you are on the wrong site. Please go to www.spiritualexperiences.com and as you told to Devious Angel, Be happy there.
To say that "Jesus soldier" is a contradiction of Christianity, then clearly you have not read history. How about you school yourself on Constantine or Joan of Arc for starters?
For someone who tried to see logic and "Busted" other stories, you really don't want to hear that poster putty doesn't work indefinitely. I agree completely that you are not a "dude", but posters do fall off the wall frequently. Believe what you want if it eases your mind.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
spectae: I find it more than curious how offended you seem to get when others present opposing opinions to your experiences, but you feel the need to do so on others' stories... And now you've snapped at a poster because of his screen name, when all he did was offer to privately read your other more personal experiences, without pressuring you I might add...

I think it's possible that you may have missed this when you read the "Submissions Guidelines", so I'll post it to refresh your memory:

"Please be aware that users of our site, many from different backgrounds and cultures, will provide feedback to your story and you may not personally agree with all of their comments. However, it is the nature of the web to have debates with very different opinions, and although you may be the only person who truly knows what happened in your story, you should not take it personally when some users disagrees or ask for additional information, but understand that it is part of normal discussions where people exchange ideas."

So you see, you may not recieve all "glowing" reviews of your experiences...
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Jesus_soldier,

Reality check... "your" meaning of the term "soldier" is very unlikely to be the same as the actual "impression" you give with that word... I just can't see people seeing your name, whether here or elsewhere, then clicking their fingers and with a glow of revelation on their faces shouting aloud with triumph "Ah yes... 2 Timothy 2:3-4!" I think the "Islam + Jihad" feeling would be closer to the first impression.

Ultimately I think it matters more what others understand and as such, I would think "servant" would be the wiser "adjective-verb" you wish to convey... Or just do a "2 Timothy 2:3-4" bit... Anyway I'll leave this with you.

Goodness knows I make enough mistakes and I am simply relaying my impression of your username, for what it is worth. Better to hear concerns where it matters less, eg here, rather than somewhere where it may mean a lot more.

PeAcE
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
spectae: So..."as a good soldier of Jesus Christ", and "that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier" doesn't make sense with my name? I'll leave that alone then. Also, you don't even know what my meaning of 'soldier' is. It also means 'follower'. So, don't be so quick to judge the outward appearance. I still love you though and thank you for giving me an answer earlier.

JS 😊
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Jesus_soldier,

That Shakespearean version of the English language Bible doesn't say "Jesus soldier"... "Jesus servant" would have been a humbler choice and a better rendering of the meaning.

You have taken the meaning of the verse out of context, and you are living in the year 2012 and "Jesus" and "soldier" has a ring to it like "Islam" and "Jihad"... But just keep laughing for you obviously see nothing wrong with your actual message.

PeAcE
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
spectae:... 😆... I'm wrong for laughing, but your quite funny at times. I just explained my name through the scripture. I understand how you brought up the contradiction before, but after I told you the scripture, your still sticking to your guns? Ok then, ill leave it at that. Yes we all have attitudes, but there are people who know how to show love and respect. Do you know the 2nd greatest commandment?
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Jesus_soldier,

Attitude... You have one too. We all do. Also remember whom you represent or is your off topic post the "soldier" part speaking?

Your choice of username is unfortunate... Just pointing out the glaring contradiction.

PeAcE
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
attitude. (( (( (( (( (( (( (50 characters)) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
spectae: I was just asking nicely. I respect your answer. I don't understand the jabs you threw at me though. Uh... Let me start with the Mother Teresa comment. Why would I care what her approval is? Oh, and as for my name.

"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be soldier." (2 Timothy 2:3-4) <= sooo, that's my screen name

I don't know why your so defensive, but I would suggest getting off YGS if you can't handle questions and opinions. I know Jesus wouldn't agree with your
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Jesus_soldier,

I don't see such a scenario occurring.

Seeing how some persons stumble over such an obvious account as audible footsteps and a guitar string being plucked, and that these other matters are to my heart, I would not share such with strangers.

Sorry.

Also isn't it a bit of an oxymoron "Jesus" and "Soldier"? The whole "Onward Christian soldiers" isn't something I could see Mother Teresa having ever tapped a tambourine to!

A contradiction of ideals. A mutually exclude state. Day and night.

I do understand the theorized meaning, but it nevertheless remains a case of "speaking with forked tongue" as it were... The whole Peter put away your sword bit was obviously missing from the Bible of the person that originated that term.

PeAcE
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
spectae: I would really like to know the other experiences you had. I understand how some stuff isn't appropriate for the public. If you care to share it with me later down the road, I would really appreciate it.
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
DeviousAngel,

You posted an opinionated, non story focused comment, lecturing me.

Now you post another off topic comment... This isn't "Dear Abby" and I suggest you would be happier elsewhere!

PeAcE
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
It's flowery, nonsensical responses like this that make me wonder why I waste my time... I would like to petition for a disappointed sigh emoticon. Until then I guess I'll use this one. 🤔
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
DeviousAngel,

I don't object to logic and reason.

Your observation that I relate my overview is correct, but you are incorrect to ascribe motives of weigh, you are in no position to do such, and logic and reason should have made such obvious to you.

Leaving a comment is only as constructive as the comment, the mere reality of doing such is of no virtue in and of itself.

Unlike other posters, who state they will participate, I am. That said, no point being here in this story if isn't for one.

PeAcE

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: