You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Incident At Mom's House

Real Ghost Stories

The Incident At Mom's House

 

Year was 2006, I just had separated from my longtime girlfriend and lost my 1st business to unfortunate circumstances and as a result, packed what I had and moved in back at Mommy's house for some loves and light.

Being a Jewish mother, she was only to happy to have her boy back with her and this really helped me through my tough time. As mentioned in my previous post, I come from a long line of mediums etc and my mother has also been rather spiritual especially since my Grandfather (her dad) passed away years ago. Anyways... My parents one Saturday afternoon were on their way out to friends of the family for a bbq. Being all miserable and tripping over my lip I opted to stay at home and bath in my misery. I went to fix myself soemthing to eat and sat in the room watching a favourite movie of mine to get the mind off.

I dozed off...

A couple of hours later but what seemed an eternity of sleep I woke up. Tv had the usual humming sound on it after being left on for too long and the house was pitch black, I heard my younger sister and friends at the end of the hallway giggling from her room-pretty far from mine and decided to go there to get myself back on track and find out what's what. Open the door of sisters room. Yup... You got it... No one there... Room pitch black, switch on the light. Her computer chair was on its last slow rotation, like someone was spinning around in it. I walked over to it still a bit wonky from the heaviest sleep I can recall having and just investigated the area for anything weird. Maybe one of my moms cats? But the giggling started to play repeat in my head.

I came out of sister's room, turned off the light and the house was pitch black again. I hadn't turned on any lights yet except for my sister's. Now totally confused in the dark and actually quite unsettled I called out like a little boy -MOMMY. To which I heard her say YA!, like she always did to me calling. I asked where are you? And my sister's light came back on and the chair had moved to the middle of the room, no answer from my mom. By now I was halfway back to my room, switched the light on in the room and caught a glimpse of an offish white mass dissipating. I had a message on my phone from my mom saying we're still here. That's it... FREAKY... I asked her where are you? She answered we still here on a voice message. Probably coincedence, but still freaky.

I looked at the time, it was only 10:15pm. I fell asleep at around about 7:30pm. So when mom and dad got home, I asked her a few questions pertaining to experiences in the house and she reckons that the offish white entity I caught a glimpse of is Mr Shepard, a long ago previous owner who is quite harmless but gets irate with too much noise.

The giggling I asked, my mom said that she had heard it before plenty times and also went to my sisters side but had always seen or found nothing. I asked my sister has she had any experiences, she says, that she has heard me plenty of times in my room and the same thing. Nothing.

Probably a poltergeist playing tricks. I have long since moved out. But mom and sis are still here and see strange things. Only violent thing that has happened is my parents glass dinner table smashing for no reason. Sent back and a new one delivered. Only to smash that night. New table made of wood now resides in the house.

Thanks Guys.

Other hauntings by Rozo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rozo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Hi Rozo,
Congrats on being a Head Boy in high school. My nephew was still too young to go to school, at the time they lived there. From there, they emigrated to New Zealand. That was about 17 years ago.
As for my strange experience, I shall have to keep it on the 'back burner' for now. I have too many other stories lined up at the moment. 😉 Look out for another, at the end of the month.
Have you still got the photo of that rain spider? If you have, you can mail it to me if you wish, my address is on my profile.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Fergie- just goes to show how small the world is hey! I was headboy of Norkem Park High! CAN YOU BELEIVE THIS! Hahahaha... Love it!

Glad I reminded you of a story... Hope we can read it soon!
Rain Spiders are MASSIVE! Eeeerie looking things... Actually have a pic of one I caught... Took me 3hrs to catch it and it was in the same position on the wall! Lol! I was sweating buckets!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Rozo, I am so glad that you only want to 'squish' spiders...lol. I googled Rain Spiders...man, are they HUGE or what? I read that they are not poisonous to humans, but act very aggressively. Ugh!

As for the prisoner...No, only in for 7 years! And nope, I never heard what happened about her. I never made 'friends' in Kroonstad, so had nobody to ask. Sorry... No story

By the way, my boet used to live in Norkem Park, back in those days, there was a lot of veld around there too! OMG, you have just reminded me of a very strange experience that I had on the way to visit my boet - thank you!
Glad that I could help with something, even if it wasn't paranormal...
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Hi Zetafornow! Thank you for reading my post and your comments... Since I moved out, My mother and sister still tell me accounts of hearing voices throughout the house, especially when they are alone... They tell me how the cats fixate on certain areas, how the dogs Growl at night at the Dark passage... But she has never felt threatened or unsettled.
Mom is relocating to the coast to be with my dad... House is being sold soon!, I told her I am of the opinion that the new tenants should be aware... But she disagrees... CANT AND DONT WANNA ARGUE WITH MY MOMMY! Lol!
Take Care!
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Fergie- Lol, I'm sorry to have squished the theory! I promise its only the Spiders I wish to squish Ha!
Wanted to ask, The Inmate that was opening up to you, what became of her? Was she serving a life sentence? Did you ever hear anything again about her? That in itself would make for a very intriuging story I think...
With Regards to the spiders- you are 100% correct about the big garden and veld close by, I stay In Kempton Park... Close to the airport... Lots of Veld area!
Fergie, Thanks for your comments and thoughts! Much appreciated!
Take care!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Hi Rozo... I enjoyed reading this because this sounds like a real true haunting. Everything was fine for me up until the glass table incident. When things start getting violent, something needs to be done. Keep us updated on this house. I'm sure more things will be happening.

Thanks, zeta.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Hi Rozo,
You have just 'squished' my theory out of existence! My theory was based on the 'dead' of winter, like the last cold snap we had! So... Maybe your Mom is right after all.
Thanks for reading "Terror", um...didn't you notice, I didn't cope at all? I got the hell out, even if it was on a medical discharge!
The rain spiders? Uh? Did the house have a large garden? Where you near to veld or a lot of trees? Could it have been a seasonal thing? I know that when I had a daughter living in the South, near veld, she also had a lot of spiders in summer.
Thanks for your reply Rozo, I hope I have given you food for thought. 😕
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Hi Fergie,
Thanks for taking the time to read the posts as well comment... I also just want to add that I read Terror in the prison and that sounds scaaaarry as hell! I don't know how you coped my friend!... I wouldnt!

To answer your questions- The Glass table was in the dining room in the middle of the room, no where near a wall or outside wall-This was around November/December- I am assuming that you are asking because of Johannesburg heat and storms? I also attributed it to that initially but my mother had other Ideas.

When 2nd one was delivered and it smashed that night my mom knew it was someone not very happy with her and the family at the time- sorry if I am going off a bit here... But like any other family we had a lot of difficulties in ours and a lot of fighting and screaming and shouting took place in that house... (Maybe Mr Shepard as mom Puts it)

Also Fergie, Huge Spiders- HUGE- would be hanging on webs from the square piece in the ceiling to go to the roof_ Think they are Rain spiders but frequently! Very spooky and unsettling! Whats your take on this?
Thanks again! 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Rozo, I have just read your experiences. The thing that caught my attention, was about the glass dinner table smashing! Could you answer a couple of questions for me please? You live in Johannesburg, right? What time of year was it when the table smashed? Was it placed against an outside wall?
You have got me curious now!
Thanks for posting your experiences. 😊
virtualboy (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
I think you may be right about the poltergeist. It is interesting how eager it is to communicate. Thank you for sharing this:)
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Hey Rozo, I'm scared of the dark, so all lights have to be on at ALL times! Don't know how you handled it! Similar things happen to me with hearing voices only no one being present its freaky dam right. Javalina, a poster on here explained it as being a residal haunting where actions repeat themselves over and over.

This was the best solution I think: "My parents glass dinner table smashing for no reason. Sent back and a new one delivered. Only to smash that night. New table made of wood now resides in the house." 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: