You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Curiosity Killed The Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Curiosity Killed The Cat

 

This is a short but true story. Last year when I had just gotten home from school, I went up to my room and threw my bag on the bed. My room was pretty small, there was only the bed, the narrow closet and a small desk up against the window. I turned my back to the door and felt a chill run down my spine, so I turned around and spotted what looked like a man riffling through my things. At first I wanted to run but I was paralyzed, the man moved towards my bag on the bed and examined it without acknowledging my presence. After a while he looked up at me, his eyes were dark and gloomy, his hair was as dark as coal and his skin was pale and dehydrated, wrinkled even though he didn't seem to be over thirty.

It took me a while to understand the he wasn't looking at me, he was looking past me at an old picture of my father and my mother. He moved towards it and touched the empty space between the two of them. After a while he turned as if finally acknowledging me and gave me a nod, then he disappeared. I've seen him roaming around the house a couple of times after that but never as long as that one time. I believe he wasn't looking at my parents picture but at another one he recognized with a third person on the spot he had touched. And in the bed he probably wasn't even looking at my bag, but at something else, something only he could see. Well I guess I'll never know.

I haven't researched the house's history, probably because I don't want to know, I think if I look it up I'll find something I won't be able to handle, on the other hand it will probably be a great story to tell.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nightshade029, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
I was kind of thinking the same thing as H2olily, that maybe this Spirit/entity was a lost sibling or maybe even a lost love/relative. It does seem to point that this Spirit may definately have some connection to you or your family.
By the way, a very interesting story, and thanks for sharing.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
Jesussaves please don't troll on our site. This is not a site for proselytizing. This is a site where we share and discuss paranormal experiences. If you are not interested in participating in this manner, then please go elsewhere.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Whew, I'm just glad no animals were actually injured in this story. My suspicion is that you have an unborn sibling...stillborn? The entity touched or pointed to the empty space between them to symbolize the loss?
Jimmiejam (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Nice story, I hope he is seeing the house as he did when he was alive, because if not then he is seeing the picture of your mum and dad, and I don't mean to scare you but, from his manerisms it would mean that you have a brother or someone related to you that you didn't know about, through miscarrage (sorry if that's the case).

If we're carrying down this route then it may be that he was meant to be born into your family and it never came to be for some reason, or is just a really good friend of your mums and dads, be careful about asking though, because if it is a bad story that brings back painful memories from your parents then you could just end up hurting them.

Just going through the posibilites though, I may be wrong, but this would personally be going through my head if I was in your situation.
Catttie (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
Thanks for sharing your story! It sounds as if it is a spirit/ghost who has previously lived in your house, how old is the house is it a old building? He was probably seeing your room as he had seen it when he once lived there? I'm unsure, but I hope nothing bad has happened to you through out your stay in your house. I understand it can be extremely scary! Hope to hear from you.
Cattie. X

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: