You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: A Demon That Will Not Leave

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon That Will Not Leave

 

So, Here it goes. I have expierenced some weird encounters recently in the past couple years. My life has seemed to be going on normally until one fateful day when my friend committed suicide. That day I was different and something weird seemed to come with it. I do not really know how to explain but I swear to you, that I have seen what I percieve to be as a demon after that day... And it is reoccuring. It started out as simple manifestations of a human like creature... As in one look I see it, and then I double take and it's gone. I usually just shrugged off this phenomenon until something extremely horrid happened.

This horrid thing was the fact that this demonic like creature started to converse with me like he actually knew me. It said things like, "now you really know pain." and "Join me."

This really freaked me out, but then I thought that it may have actually been my friend who committed suicide. I mustered up the courage one day and when the demonic entity appeared I asked it in a calm voice, "I'm not afraid of you... Are you Dylan?"

I felt really good about asking the creature if it was my deceased friend but what happened next scared the living crap out of me. The demonic entity just looked at me with those weird pitch black eyes and said in a mocking voice, "Dylan? Who is that? I am not that... I am you and you are me."

I never really got what it meant when it said the previously stated thing. The demonic entity then did not bother me for a long time, but I started not to feel like myself anymore. For one, I became extremely angry and agitated almost regularly over nothing. I even almost killed one of my best friends.

Could the statement that the entity said, "I am you and you are me." mean that this demon is saying that he is possessing me and will be a part of me? I really want to fight it, anyone know what I should do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Captain_Gardner, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jessie12 (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-16)
If you weren't feeling yourself this demon could be trying to control you. Giving you thoughts that aren't your own. I am a christian, and I believe if you say the words I am about to tell you it will get rid of this thing, if it is not already gone. Just say "I have power over you in jesus name leave my house and never come back". Hope this helps you!

-Jessie
Amaterasu12 (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Hi Captain Gardener I understand the feeling and think you should always meditate and pray to your god. Meditating will help to calm your energies and praying to your god will help you hold your faith. Always try to push away the negative energies that surround you and always think positive things. But if it gets worse seek for someone who is spiritual strong like psychics, wiccans or possibly a shaman to give you a shield spiritually. I had an experience that is kind of like this but not really either and it helped me.
YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Sorry that, that is happening to you. Turn to God and let him take care of you. Hope all is well, Keep strong ❤
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Burn incense that purifies; Rosemary and Sage for instance.

Collect some and light the herbs, but blow out the flame so it is only smoking. Walk around all of your house, gently waving the smoking Rosemary and Sage.

It should help cleanse at least a little bit. 😳
waterfalls123 (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I think it does want to try to control you. If you start becoming angry at close friends or family just think about how much you love them and him that your not afraid of him... Even if you are.
Jason1984 (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Burn sage get in every area of your house.
Use holy water wear crosses if things
If things get out of your control then get a priest.
calebtty (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
i think it was just trying to scare you don't let it know your scared that's what they feed off of get a tiger's eye ring or neckless it helps keep bad energy's away hope this helps
doorperson (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
I saw on this tv show people with a demon inside them and when they saw the cross like on top of churches and they scream and people help them get the demon out of them. When the demon comes out they feel dizzy and might be sick but after that they feel much better. 😉 hope this helps.
peacefulspirit (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Hi, first of all, Satan does not have power enough to have dominion over your soul. It is correct to say that you live by your own free will, that is a gift from God, only you can choose your destiny. I don't mean to judge but only to help, you need to have a stronger faith. It seems to me that you have been deeply disturbed by the death of your friend and are naturally confused and angry. I would think that if your friend could truly reach out to you she would tell you to seek professional closure with this.
amevans12 (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I understand there is some confusion about the "Laws" that spirits must obey, albeit in most cases not voluntarily. These laws are not what we commonly accept in our judicial system; these are Godly laws, intended to protect those that are troubled by spirits, negative manifestations, poltergeists, demons, etc. I think the scriptures given by Hoochler are good examples, but they take some study and context of the Bible as a whole in order to really make sense. God is not the creater nor author of evil, and as far as we are concerned he has given us free will not predestination. Because of the allowance of free will, negative entities are capable of penetrating into the lives of even the most devout believers of Jesus and God. Now here is a little simplification of the Laws that a few refer to: God is the end all be all, the alpha and the omega, even the devil knows that the Lord (and his son, Jesus) have dominion over him and all who serve him. It is this holy dominion and the invokation of your beliefs, faith, and complete trust in the Lord that give credit to these supernatural "laws", in which the demon (s) must leave. See: the book of Mark and the story of Legion, paying attention to the casting out. As I stated earlier, this does not mean these spirits, demons, negative powers will abandon the vessel without a fight (sometimes killing their vessel), but as inferior, it is virtually impossible for them to deny the law/decree (think more: command) of God. This is not intended to scare you but to make you more aware that God and Jesus are there to rescue and save you so far as your faith and full belief is your will and a complete surrendering of your heart. If you've seen entities since a child, I don't think schizophrenia is likely, but that is an avenue to explore with a psychologist. As far as the spiritual aspect, consult your priest (if you have one), and if you don't have one, I suggest seeking one out. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
kasturi (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
if possible read a page of bible every night and think good... Good thoughts keeps you away from being bad... I have been in your place... Tried almost strangling my cousin sister to death until something in me told to stop... Well I was ashamed after that... And unfortunately we never meet after that incident... Probably for nine years... But the thing is that it wasn't me who was killing her... Somebody else was using my hands... Like possession and I forced that thing to stop... I was freaked out as well as confused... The only thing I regret is that I probably won't meet her for the rest of my life maybe... 😭
Lucivar (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
MizMiMi02,
Your destiny is not written for you, it is not predetermined, god gives you infinite choice, for each decision you make even one as simple as paper or plastic changes your destiny. Also remember if you haven't found god yet, reading scripture doesn't allow you to find God, it may help but, you find God when you are spiritually ready to find Him it may be by reading scripture, it could be while watching a sunset, or while struggling against evil. As far as the entity you encountered, it seems like it wants you to be left wondering, it gave you information that caused you to question what it meant, what It was. We fear the unknown and it wants you afraid because that's when you are vulnerable. Whatever it is, it probably isn't done with you. You should arm yourself, not with a gun or a knife, but with spiritual weapons, like a saint Micheal medallion it is a reminder of strength and security, Michael is the patron saint of the warrior, meaning that many have designated him as the protector of those who fight to preserve security, safety, and peace. Also go to a priest or pastor, and speak to them about your experience. They will be able to assist you. Good luck, I hope what I've said assists you.
Aibell (guest)
-3
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I've read your story and I saw that no one knows about that, so I just signed up to tell you what it is... First of al its not a Demon.
That thing you saw is a Doppelganger it means "double walker" and its the bad side or your alternative evil self. Doppelganger usually wants to kill you so it can take full control of your body. If you search about it u'll learn that you must fight with it and kill it when you see it again... A friend of mine saw his too... Its creepy seeing your own self isn't it~? Make a search about it too if you want~ but you don't have to really worry about that anymore, it may won't come soon again.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I agree with Hoochler and princessLotus. Listen O/P, demons love to play mind games. I believe the say demon that's trying to destroy you, is the same one that destroyed your friend. I'm really sorry to hear that too... When it said that statement, it was trying to make you feel hopeless, like nothing you can do will take it away. That's a lie, because you were made in the image of God. You said you need help? Well, Jesus is the only way. Your in my prayers.

JS aka Brandon 😐
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I meant to say he he will be there to witness for us to god on judgement day. I am on my phone and it's hard to type this so bare with me. Lol. I will be praying for you.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Hoochler is right on in my opinion. It breaks my heart for people whoo miss the point in scripture. No offense to anybody. Jesus is our redeemer judgement day she will be there to witness for us to God on judgement day. He is our redeemer and savior. It sounds to me like this a demon of oppression. Its goal ultimately is for you to kill yourself... A person can only be possessed by a demon if the holy spirit does not exist inside of them. So I recommend asking Jesus into your heart. And told the slime bag to leave in the name of jesus. God wants to protect us from the enemy all we have to do is ask
MizMiMi02 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Hoochler- I get it. However, the problem may be that you are a believer and I am not. I believe in free will, not a pre destined outcome. So I'm thinking that's the issue.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I'm not sure who gave Rook the negative point but I have to agree with Rook and some of the other posters that you should try Grief Counseling and then if that is ruled out then you should try Rook's method of cleansing to protect yourself. The great thing about Rook's method is that you can adapt it according to your believe system.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Captain_Gardner,

As you can see the use of the word 'demon' brings in many, many different opinions. So not knowing your Religious affiliation, or if you even have one, I'd like to say some good points have been made. A good start may be to attend some sort of 'grief counseling' or seeing a Psychologist could help, even if all it does is rule out that it's 'all in your head'.

If all 'natural causes' have been ruled out then you can proceed with possible 'paranormal causes'. Suicide's are always 'full' of Negative Energy and this Energy may have attracted a negative Entity... Not a Demon... There is a chance that as your friend 'passed' this Negative Energy and the 'attached' Entity somehow transferred to you.

There are ways to Shield and Cleans oneself from things like this, and I will include one that I use for myself and many others from the site have used as well...

There is of course the chance that this is Demonic in Nature and if this proves to be the case then Clergy and the organized Church of your choice may be the answer.

Thank you for sharing this with us, I hope you find the relief you are seeking. Here is that method I mentioned...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Demons are around someone only because God allows it. God only allows this to happen under certain circimstances under our control that I tried to explain. If you don't get it, that's OK, by no means is any offense taken.

This situation does remind of something Jesus said though (more than once).

Mattew 11
15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
That was a horrifying story.

My mother burns an incense called 'Dragon Blood' and it's supposed to shoo unwanted spirits away. After researching for a while, it actually worked on me. I had an enitity bothering me, so my mother started burning it in my room. I never see the enitity any more. You can find Dragon Blood at 2 dollar shops. Possibly at Walmart.

Much thanks
Cocoa 😐
Sundancer21 (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
I would first like to say that I am in no way trying to be offensive, nor am I saying that I'm right. I just wanted to give my opinion in hopes of helping you. I was wondering if you had thought of the possibility that you are developing schizophrenia? I am not a doctor, but I have learned about this particular illness in school. Although it is genetic, very traumatic experiences can set it off (I'm sure your friend committing suicide was nothing short of traumatic, and it did begin to occur right after this incident). I also know that it does not begin to show itself until your twenties or late teens (under your post it says you're a young adult). I also know that people begin to see things and hear voices that they are sure are real. I think that the demon saying the thing about the two of you being the same makes sense when thought about from this psychological aspect. I think you should research it at the least, or go see your doctor and tell him or her about what you are experiencing. But whatever it is, I wish you the best of luck.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
I certainly appreciate you trying to point me in the right direction, however I don't see anything there that would prove to me that they are bound by law to leave if asked. I just see scripture. And while I can certainly understand every word if it, I still don't see it. No disrespect implied or intended.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
MizMiMi02, the book that explains how the spirit world works is the Holy Bible. This is a HUGE subject, but I will try to explain this as succinctly as I can. Sorry in advance that this is so long, I made it as short as I knew how.

God created Satan and all the demons and holds dominion over them.

Colossians 1
"15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."

God is righteous, fair and just. God sent Jesus to the Earth to redeem us from the curse of the Law (the Law itself is a result of the original fall from Grace of Adam in the Garden of Eden). Without God's Grace, one transgression of the Law is as transgressing all of them.

Galatians 3
"10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.""

"13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

It is my experience and understanding that God's Grace comes in two basic forms. Here is an oversimplification for brevity's sake. 1) Everyone gets a constant, low dose of Grace all the time. 2) Those who love God and seek a relationship with Him receive bursts of Grace as God deems fit over time. All Grace of both types is undeserved and totally unmerited, that's why its called Grace, it is a gift. Grace has the effect of erasing the consequences of sin (sin is basically thoughts, words or actions that fall short of God's will for us).

The normal consequences of sin with no Grace are that Satan gains a little bit of legal permission to interact the sinner the more often or horrendously the person sins.

Many people do not understand (or even believe in) Jesus so they are extremely limited in how they can ask for the second kind of Grace.

Satan uses his access to God to accuse everyone he can of wrongdoing as often as he can. The more condemnation he can bring upon us, the more it slows down God's plan for us and thus Satan selfishly avoids the torture he will experience in the lake of fire for a little while longer.

Job 1
"6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. 7 And the LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?"
So Satan answered the LORD and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.""

1 Peter 5
"8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world."

Job 1
"9 So Satan answered the LORD and said, "Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!""

"12 And the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person." So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD."

Ephesians 6
"12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

It is worth pointing out that this concept of Grace and how the devil works is not just theoretical dogma for me. I have lived this first hand and undeniably experienced it in my own life FIRST, then once I was saved and started going to church and reading the Bible, I learned what the Bible said about it SECOND.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Legalities for spirits? Next you will tell me they can be represented in court, and vote in the next election. I would like someone to point in the direction of the 'Laws Spirits MUST Follow or Else' book. Either I'm missing something here, or some y'all are missing something up there. Lol
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
I agree with H2olily that there are laws that all spirits must abide by. The Accuser (the devil) uses these laws to try and gain "legal" access to a person via that person's thoughts, words, actions or those of the head of their household.

Captain Gardner, it sounds to me as if you are dealing with demonic oppression. If you would like to know how to respond to this attack in an effective, Christian manner, please e-mail me (my email address is in my YGS bio).

Whatever you decide to do, I will pray for you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
H2olily - I don't think ghosts, etc abide by "legal" laws. They can't be sued in a court of law, so telling them they have no "legal right to stay and they have to leave" may not do much good.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Tell it that it doesn't have any legal right to stay and had to leave. If you are religious, pray, read your bible and call on Jesus' name, demons hate that!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+7
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Condolences on your loss. It's a painful situation to lose someone, especially in the way your friend left this life.
In my opinion, grief counseling could be of great help to you. The timing of this "demon's" appearance is telling. The timing, and the entity saying "now you know pain" makes me think this is your subconscious trying to make sense of your friend's decision to take his own life. We all know that people do not make such a decision lightly, and it seems likely that this entity could be a projection of what you imagine your friend was feeling. As someone mentioned earlier, the mind works in funny ways. Grief counseling may help you make sense of those ways, and put this "demon" behind you.
Best wishes. ❤
H05VV-F (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Im not sure what to think of this. Sometimes evil "entities" can act like they will not harm you but eventually they will. Anyway look for Rooks method for shielding yourself.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: