You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Hearing Someone Walking At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Hearing Someone Walking At Night

 

This happened a few years back. I was 10 then. At night I slept in my own bedroom, by that time I got a new bed and was able to sleep in my own room. My room, my brother and sister rooms are very close to each other. Our rooms were in a small hallway. The laundry room was in front of mine. When facing from the inside of my room the laundry room is right there in front and to the left is the bathroom. On the left the small hallway makes a turn. When you make the turn, straight ahead is my sister's room and to the left is my brother's room.

I was sleeping peacefully throughout the night, but I suddenly woke up. I don't know what woke me up but I read the clock on my nightstand and it read 12:45.I keep my room door open since my dad always yelled at me for keepi ng it open. I was thinking what woke me up and decided to lie back down. Right when I was going to close my eyes I heard someone walking in the hallway. At first I thought it was my brother since he likes to eat midnight snacks. I turned and saw no one, but I could still hear the footsteps. I was freaked out but I decided to check what it was.

I hoped it was not a burglar. I grabbed a book or something just in case it was someone that was inside my home. I carefully got off my bed and cautiously walked outside my room. Then the footsteps stopped. I looked to the left and right and no one was there. I looked inside the bathroom and nothing. I decided to check my brother's room and he was in a deep sleep. So it was not him walking. After that I checked my sister's room and she too was in a deep sleep. I then decided to check the whole house. I raised my weapon up in case something attacked me.

I checked inside my garage and still nothing. By this time my heart was beating fast and I just wanted to go back to my room, but I couldn't. All I could think of is seeing if my family was safe. I checked my parent's room and they were asleep. I checked the whole house and nothing. I sighed in relief and started walking towards my room. Then I heard the footsteps again, but this time it sounded a lot louder and behind me. I freaked and turned around getting ready to attack, but there was no one. I then ran to my room and hid underneath my covers. I looked out but there was nothing there.

I stayed awake until 2 in the morning and fell asleep. In the morning when my family and I were eating breakfast, my mom asked me what was wrong because I had dark circles underneath my eyes. I told them what happened that night and they were surprised. They told me that they did not hear anything and told me that it won't happen again.

They were wrong because it happened again later that night at the same time. Again it was no one. I tried to ignore it, but couldn't. So I quickly ran to my sister's room and woke her up. I asked her if she could hear the footsteps walking and she said she did not. I slept in her room and in the morning I told them again what had happened and they decided to bless the house. When we got the house blessed the footsteps stopped.

Other hauntings by HeavenlyGlory

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HeavenlyGlory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I don't remember what book it was, all I remember that it was big and heavy, but not too heavy for me not to carry. When I read this again I too laugh since it does sound funny for me holding a book as a weapon. 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
HeavenlyGlory,
Okay, I got a good giggle at the 10 year old version you walking around with a raised book in your hands, ready to beat someone that might be bothering your family. I am happy to hear that the footsteps stopped after the house was blessed.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😁
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
*Laughing* 😆 Didn't mean to laugh about that Image of You use the book as a weapon it just so funny and don't blame you I use to use a baseball bat as a weapon when I was about young in the 80's and 90's when I hear something when I am alone.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I don't mean any offence with this but I can't help but smile at the mental image you have presented...

The ten year old, defending the home with a book... Priceless. You don't remember which book it was do you?

Respectfully,

Rook
HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
well, from what some people tell me, I have certain gifts. I guess it happens to me because it may wants my attention.
HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Lou slips-right now I am 19. This happened when I was 10. The other happened when I was younger.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Glory-
Why it happened when you shifted to new room?
Why its happening only with you?
I can't understand.
Thanks jaffa.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Hmmm,
You were ten a few years ago,...which would make you thirteenish, but in your Hearing the Voice story you were in the second grade twelve years ago, which would make you more like nineteen...didn't they teach math at your school?

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: