You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Sister's Clown Head Monster

Real Ghost Stories

Sister's Clown Head Monster

 

During the early 70's, when my family lived for a time in Fresno, my mom decided to divorce my dad and moved herself, me and my little sister, Ruth, into government housing, which was not bad. I thought the little semi-detached two-story houses were cute with their wooden floors. When my dad was around, my parents would argue loudly, so I thought it was just as well they were getting a divorce, whatever that was. To my six-year old mind, divorce was what happened to your family when you got to a certain age, like your teeth coming in, at least that's what it seemed like. Once I fell down the stairs, maybe...pushed? But I was very adventurous and was probably practicing my flying. Luckily, I didn't break my neck and was only a little bruised.

Another time, I rolled off my bed and fell onto my metal dollhouse. There were no lawsuits back in those days, so the manufacturers of metal dollhouses were at liberty to produce razor-sharp metal objects for small children to disassemble and play with. But nothing supernatural ever happened that I knew of.

Then, just a few years ago, my mother mentioned "...the ghost your sister used to see in our house in Fresno..." and I soon got the story out my sister. This is what she says happened to her to the best of my recollection.

One moonlit night, she awoke on her little trundle bed next to my big bed. She got up, wearing her itchy, footy-pajamas and toddled down the hall to use the toilet. When she returned, there on the floor was something she had never seen before, nor has she seen since. Something that looked like a clown's head was moving back and forth around the floor. It was slightly larger than a volley-ball and had a 'painted' look, white skin, wide, grimacing reddish lips and huge yellow googly eyes that were rolling around in their sockets. She remembers nothing definite after that, which I have read indicates a possible nightmare in children. She says she may have run to our mom's room and jumped into bed with her, but she's not sure.

"You left me in there with that thing!?!" I asked her. "You were asleep." she answered. I asked her how she felt this experience affected her life. "You become very open-minded about certain things," she said. One thing I know, Ruth was an extremely intelligent child who well knew the difference between make-believe, dreaming and 'reality'.

Thanks for reading, hope it wasn't too long and boring.

Other hauntings by H2olily

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, H2olily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-22)
After thinking about this story... I believe something, a force, pushed me down the stairs at this house. There was something very, very bad in that place, but my mother's prayers protected us, I realize that now. The person that wanted to read The Puppet People, it is another story on this site, great story with an illustration and everything. Do search it out and peruse. Well worth it.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
Just wanted to mention that "The Puppet People" is one of my very, very, very favorite stories on this site. Also "Posing As God"...brr...
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
Hello:
Ultra creepy. I LOATHE clowns; especially after Gacy.
Clarence, PLEASE do tell about the puppet people!
Basilissa, PLEASE tell about your similar experience. I haven't ever heard of this type of clown manifestation before (besides the movie "Poltergeist"), and would love to compare stories.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
Basilissa (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-01)
I saw similar... Thing in my grandparents flat, when I was three or four. I always thought it was just a bad dream, though...
meow3 (23 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Wow, that's creepy. I have nothing against clowns myself, but seeing a clown head (or any other kind of head, for that matter) would scare the heck out of me, especially if this had happened to me when I a kid. (Heck, it would creep me out NOW!) 😲

Clarence, have you posted your story of the puppet people on this sight? It sounds very interesting. 😁
Clarence (2 stories) (24 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
"I asked her how she felt this experience affected her life. 'You become very open-minded about certain things,'"

Exactly. I'm certain if it hadn't been for my experience with the "puppet people", I would be a different kind of person today. I would probably be less open-minded and more quick to judge others' experiences. And my ears definitely wouldn't perk up every time I heard someone say "the strangest thing just happened to me..."

Thanks for sharing such a creepy story!
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
My sister was about 5ish. We had large windows with no coverings on two walls and I remember bright moonlight often illuminating the room, we didn't turn on the lights. Yes, we were messy kids and had a lot of toys laying around, (no picking up before nightnight for us!) but my sister insists she believes this was an actual 'event'. Also, our mother had a long prayer session with us before retiring every night, children's bible stories, reading psalms, reciting our memory verse for the week etc, etc. I have never cared for clowns myself.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Yuck! I hate, hate, hate clowns. I would have run out of there so fast. I have seen some weird things at night, but thankfully, no clowns. 😨
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
This story just gave me another reason to hate clowns. Got two questions for you: How old was your sister at the time of the incident? Also, did your sister comeback into the room with the lights off or on.

I'm asking because if the lights were turned off than it could have been a toy or something that she could have knocked over.

Not saying that I don't believe you but just want to rule out some of the regular reasons before considering it a paranormal.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
H2olily,
Yikes! I hate clowns! And this thing was rolling around on the floor?!
At this point it doesn't even matter if it was real or a nightmare, it's now going to be stuck in my head! 😲

Jav
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
*Shudders* I am not real fan of Clowns it's just I don't know how to explain how that feels when I see one expspeical my stepdad use to be a clown back in the 80's.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I think it might of been a nightmare. Some dreams can be very vivid. You wouldn't believe how many nightmares i've had, where I think i'm waking up from a nightmare, and then finding out it's another nightmare after I get spooked again. She might of experienced this while awake though. It wouldn't surprise me. Thank you for sharing, I enjoyed it.

JS aka Brandon 😊
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Yup, and she says she never saw it again, but she thinks it was a real event and not a dream.
Apexx_88 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Man that's creepy! Especially with whatever it was resembling a clown?! Anyways, cool story 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: