You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Child In The Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Child In The Window

 

My story takes place in Virginia, at Christmas time. My sisters, my parents, and I were outside decorating the house, and my brothers were inside. What happened was actually very suprising to me, because I haven't seen anything like it before.

While hanging up a string of Christmas lights, I heard my dad say, "Who's in the window?" And all of us looked up to my parents bedroom window on the second floor, which faces the front of the house. When I looked up, I saw a boy under the shades in the window. I didn't see any facial features, or anything else. I only saw the dark outline, like a shadow, standing under the blinds. At first, my dad thought it was my brothers playing in their room, so he asked me to go tell them to please get out of their room. So I went inside, and all 3 of my brothers were in the living room, fast asleep on the couch.

I was really shocked because nothing like that had happened before. There had been other things that had happened around the house, that I had thought as odd. For example, we would sometimes play cards as a family, and when we were done we'd put the stack of cards on top of the TV stand we had. Every once in a while, the cards would fly off one by one until the whole stack was on the floor, and we would just watch it happen.

Another example is the shower curtain has flown open when I was in the shower before, and the door was locked, so no one could have gotten inside. Also it sometimes feels like there is a hand set on my shoulder as if he is being protective of me. I have never felt scared or intimitaded by this presence at all.

We have moved since then a few times, because my dad was military, and every house we went to, we still had the same experiences, like he was following us around. I just want to know what he wants, is there maybe something he is looking for? What does his presence in our houses mean?

I'm just looking for answers... This is not too urgent because he has never been mean or harmful in our house. I just want some advice on maybe why he is here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carolann1015, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Scrub (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
LOL at 52 card pick up seems like a friendly entity at any rate But try to move it on and do not do anything that might offend the entity
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
This Spirit Child Might just want to to let you and Your family know that he is There and maybe Look for lights. Sound like a Harmless Spirit.
THEISAACG (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
He may be a child somewhere in your family that was unborn in death, or died and you were never informed.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
I think hes apart of the house. He doesn't seem to mind you guys being there. And he obviously enjoys 52 card pick-up
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Seems he's attached to your family in some way. Perhaps he felt your friendly nature when you moved in, and decided to make you his friend. However, it would be wise to try and send him on his way should you think you would like to try and do so. In the mean time, try talking to him or communicating with him (safely) in some way.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
He may seeking your friendship?
Try to speak with him. I think he might be of your age.

Take care jaffa.
Cookiedough27 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
I think This spirit might be a passed on family member. Maybe a grandmother Or Father.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: