You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Presence In The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Presence In The Bathroom

 

Some of you might have read my previous story where I mentioned I am sensitive to feeling things as opposed to actually seeing anything.

Anyway, a month or so ago I started working at a new company and two weeks or so into my new job, one of the ladies from one of the other offices has a heart attack in the ladies room and passes away right here at work. Needless to say I was super creeped out that day as they had removed her from the ladies room and into the entrance section of the building so that they could try and revive her, unfortunately this was not to be.

So anyway, I was thinking to myself, I wonder if she'll move on or if she'll be one of those spirits who doesn't know what happened?

Well I soon stopped thinking about it constantly, but every time I went into that ladies room I was prepared to experience something, well I never really did... Until yesterday.

I don't know if it was from all the talking me and Ashville have been doing about how researching is freaking us out or from all the stories I read on YGS... But yesterday I just could not stand to be in that bathroom. To get an idea, the walls of the two stalls in there do not reach the ceiling for some reason, I don't get why they build bathrooms like that but anyway. So I had this nagging feeling that I must not look at that gap, which obviously led me to look at it every time I went in there.

Of course I keep saying to myself that I'm being weird and she didn't even know me, and even if I do see her, she wasn't angry or anything so she should be okay with me...? So besides this gap issue, I also just kept feeling like I was not alone in that bathroom, like I had to do what I came to do and high tail it outta there, I even resorted to washing my hands in the kitchen sink rather so that I could get out of there sooner, it was not a nice feeling at all (Not a evil or bad feeling, just not cool).

I just wanted to know from the readers, could it have been the lady that passed away here? Could she be "popping in" or "passing though"?

Or was I just being creeped out by stories and my imagination?

I'm sitting here typing this, needing the loo, but I'm so scared to go back in there and the other bathrooms lights are out! What to do, What to do...

Other hauntings by SpiderZA

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpiderZA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I do think you've worked yourself up into a frenzy and there doesn't appear to be any objective evidence this lady is lingering in the washroom. I don't see why she would, either. In all likelihood, she's either moved on already or is visiting her loved ones and friends before she does so. There's probably no reason whatsoever she would want to hang around her workplace, let alone in the bathroom. It's understandable that you feel somewhat uneasy in there at first, but you can master your fear in this situation. Both my dad and my granddad passed away in the house I live in, and I believe at least one of them is lingering there, but I have no reason to be afraid of either of them. On the flip side, a lot of people have lived and died in this world, and very few places are untouched by death, but that doesn't mean they're all haunted. I would chalk up this lady's death at that particular time and place as an unfortunate happenstance and try to put it out of your mind.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Bathroom is Kind of Creepy No matter how Pretty wall or whatever in it but When You go in there before turn light on it's give me a chills whenever I go to bathroom before turn light on feeling like I been watching and shower/bath too But Some say it's got to be Poltergeists from the Mirror so got be it and Hope She go to the lights.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Oh, I remember that theory Spider. That's interesting... And your welcome. 😊
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Thanks JS, the only reason I felt I had to clarify it is because I got this feeling like a month or so AFTER her death, which brings up that whole time frame theory again...

Thanks for the comment

Spider
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I think death leaves a sort of energy behind, and some people can pick up on it, feeling really uncomfortable. It's really hard for me to go to hospitals or nursey homes because of this reason. I pray she was able to move on though, because a bathroom is a horrible place to be stuck. Thank you for sharing Spider.

JS aka Brandon 😊
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Hi, thank you for the comments, yes I also think that in this case it was more build up than anything else.
Basically for the next few times I needed to go, I just forced myself to go in there and just keep calm IF anything happened, so far nothing has and that feeling has ALMOST gone away, still get the creeps though.

Spider
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Spider,
"Passing through" nice choice of words for the loo! What a gas! If anyone ever leaves any "presents" in the bathroom... I usually try to get out of there in a hurry, too.

Lou
hannahorourkex (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
i think you're building yourself up because you know someones died in there your brain must be creating things

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: