You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bunkbed

Real Ghost Stories

The Bunkbed

 

As in my first story I have posted, this is after we had moved out of that trailer and a few years after. I was about 9 years old living in an apartment with just my mom and me. My dad had given me a bunk bed that his great aunt said I could have. At first I was overly excited about it. The bottom was a futon, which I had used more as a couch, and slept on the top.

The first few nights sleeping on it was fine, it could have also been a week or so. Though soon I had started to get a bad vibe from it when I would lie down to sleep. Trying to not think any thing of it, I would curl myself up and tuck the blanket in around me to sleep. After a few nights of doing the same thing, I was at peace. Though in a week or so the feeling came back.

One night after saying my goodnights to my mom I went and laid down to sleep. The feeling of being watched came back, and this time with voices. I would lie there, stunned and frightened listening to the conversations I could hear. They were not the nicest conversations either; sometimes I couldn't even make out what was being said.

I remember one night lying in bed, I was woken up by the voices, and it was as if they were on the bottom bed conversing. This time I was able to understand them, the most violent things were being said, they wanted to harm me. I could hear all these threats; I couldn't even move I was so scared. I want to call out to my mom, but my mouth was too dry and wouldn't utter a sound. I had to continue to listen to this until I fell into a sleep. Though even in my sleep I would have nightmares and wake up in a fright not being able to move in case something was still there. After some point I was able to climb down, though more like jumping, and ran to my mother to sleep with her.

This kept happening for several nights and I had told my mom who told my dad. At first they wanted to send me to get checked out to make sure I wasn't "mental" which I know I am not. My mom had said a final no to having that done, and let me sleep with her most nights, but when I did have to sleep in my room on that bed, I was terrified because the voices were more violent if I was gone for a period of time.

After months of my mom having to listen to me cry she finally got rid of that bed and got me a new one. Relief fled through me when I slept in it, noticing there was no more voices to torture me.

Other hauntings by forevercomatosed

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, forevercomatosed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hauntedbunkbeds702 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
This has happened to me to on my evil set of bunk beds reading this gave me flash backs and chills I was older then 9 and I could hear people above me arguing and a woman being suffocated in this hard to make out coversation. It sounded like it was coming from a apartment above my head but that couldn't be cause I lived in a one story house. One time I was woke up to the sound of drums. These metal bunk beds would make a lot of nose when you moved on them they would creek loudly but sometimes they would shack on there own and when they did it didn't make a sound. Sometime just as I was about to fall asleep id roll over and feel like I just fell off the side of a building and hear a scream on the way down that would for sure wake you if you slept threw the fall. When theses things were happening I'd be to scared to move and try to scream for my mom but I couldn't make a sound thou I was trying very hard for quit some time. It felt like as if someone was on top of me but the person sleeping on the top bunk could sleep just fine it seemed and didn't even feel the bed shacking like there was a earth quak I even asked if anyone else felt a earth quak. Finally one day at breakfast with the family I talked about what I was happening on that bed and everyone who slept on that bottom bunk spoke up saying they noticed it to people that spent the night on it all said they felt like someone was sitting on there cest at night and they couldn't even scream and they also thought the quit shacking was weird and I've slept on both the top and bottom it would only happen on the bottom bunk. Some people never came back to our house after sleeping on it and all said they had nightmares to. This scared me much more I was hoping I was just crazy we then got rid of the bed the first night I slept on the floor I was woke up but a girl my hear she said (hey) so loudly So I opened my eyes right away scared thinking about the sound of her voice still sends chills down my spine. Then there was nothing.
gerdz10 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-12)
[at] Jesus_soldier Good point.
[at] comatose Good thing those spirits didn't harm you.
forevercomatosed (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
For those who asked if I ever asked my dad or the aunt, no. I was only 8 or 9 at the time, and it didn't occur to me to check it out. I never spoke to the aunt, his side of the family stayed to themselves. Also, my dad wouldn't talk about it or even try to believe it. I was just glad when it was gone, being nine years later, I'm not too concerned for the bed now, and whatever came with it, left with it.
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Did your dad great aunt knew that the bunkbed was possess by evil spirits? I'm just glad that they didn't get a chance to harm you or anything. Hopefully they're gone. Take care and thanks for sharing <3
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Nice narration forevercomatosed. I agree with jazz and well, I would also correct myself if my son says something like that and try to investigate. But, as Ibelieve told, why don't you ask your dad or aunt from where they got the bed from and whether your aunt had any experiences like that. And like Jesus_soldier said that the voices were meant only to make you feel the fear and thank God, they did not harm you. Thanks for sharing the experience.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Evil spirits really annoy me. Your hearing these voices talking about harming you, and their only saying this to scare you more for the thrills and energy. Talk is cheap, especially from some spirits talking about harming a innocent child. Jesus must be protecting you, because after all that talking they did, it was never done. They couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight. Thank you for sharing though.

JS aka Brandon 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Hummm...Not to nit pick but perhaps her Mom did believe the O/P...but was trying to re-assure / be strong for her... She did let the O/P come and sleep with her after all and not tell her it was 'all in her head' and make her sleep in her own room.

She also replaced the bed... Which can be expensive... Thus the allowing the O/P to sleep with her until the new bed could be afforded.

Thanks for sharing this with us...

Respectfully,

Rook
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I agree with jazzeyjay I don't know why parent don't believe in paranormal and think their kids just image things or need help which are real or fake that just wrong something is out there are paranormal that some of us can't and can see so my mother and family don't believe in paranormal and I wish they believe so they can tell me *Smh*

Forevercomatosed:So Did you ask your father or aunt about the bunk bed where she got it from or some reason of being evil voice in there?
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+7
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
forevercomatosed:
Thank you for your story. No disrespect to your parents at all but this is something that I will never understand about some parents. Why is it that when the children are telling them that something is going on in their room, they are seeing things, hearing things, etc., the parents don't investigate to find out. We all know our children and we know when our children are making things up or if they are the type of child that would make something up like that. I don't understand why some parents won't remove their children out of the room and sleep in the room for a period of time themselves, or even place some video camera's in the room if that's possible. The first thing some parents want to do is take their children to a hospital and label them crazy and drug them up on medications instead of believing their child, documenting the events, investigating, researching and reaching out and supporting their child. I'm sure there are many people locked up in institutions this day that truly have the ability to see and hear things from the other side and have been misdiagnosed.
hannahorourkex (5 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
maybe something bad had happened with that bad or if it's secondhand, maybe someone could of died in it that was evil? Anyway who knows

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: