You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Voice

 

I wanted to share an experience that happened to me recently.

I have a habit of reading stories late at night. And when I read, I get absorbed into the story. This happened just two days from today.

I was reading as usual. It was getting about 2:55 AM and I had decided to sleep when it was nearing 3:00 AM. My parents know about this habit and they let me read sometimes.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, bending over and reading my book when I heard somebody distinctly cough. I looked around for a while and then decided that it was my hallucination or anything else. The problem was, that I "really" felt it and I actually looked up, shocked from the book that I was reading.

It actually sounded like Half a Cough, like someone was trying to get my attention to say that it as time for bed. I don't have so much practise sleeping alone since my sister always used to sleep in the same room. But I am not very afraid about that either.

Just yesterday, I was reading under my blanket and it was getting really late.

I - this time I am positive - heard someone sitting on the bed next to me. I quickly threw off my blanket and scanned the entire room. There was no one there. I was sure that I heard the bedsprings groan. (There is an empty bed beside mine that used to be my sister's.)

My sister, who used to sleep with me before had one of these experiences before. She was reading with the help of a small laser light, when suddenly, she felt her hand being pulled away from the book. She was so scared that she did not retrieve the book that fell from her hand, nor did she switch off the torch.

I don't know whether it is just my imagination or something, but I am nowadays hearing these things more often. I would love to hear some other more creepier stories from you!

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Onyx_Jill, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Well, if you and your sister have both experienced, then I rule out the possibility of imagination or hallucination. Why don't you just change your bed-room and if it still persists and if you are so scared about it, then consult professional to drive away the entity. I don't think that it is trying to harm you or your sister, anyway. If that were to be its intentions, the spirit or entity would have done it right away. Better be careful. Thanks for sharing the experience.
virtualboy (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
hehe it sounds to me like it could be a passed relative who has stuck around, or just a protective spirit. But it sounds like its trying to say "turn off the light and go to bed". You say you hear other things? More details would help make more of an educated guess.:)
lulurox (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Wow that waas an awesome story but is he or her harming you I think if it is not then I guss it just wants to be known 😊
Audrone (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
This may just be a result of aural hallucinations. I would seek a doctor first to make sure your hearing is ok and you are healthy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: