You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Scarf Noose

Real Ghost Stories

Scarf Noose

 

I am new to this but I felt I should submit my experience. I just graduated high school in a little neighborhood right on the city outskirts of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Earlier in the year, my cousin committed suicide by tying a slip-knot noose, attaching one end to the door-knob of his closet and the other end around his twenty-three year old neck. He suffocated himself to death.

Myself and my family included were incredibly heart broken, especially me, considering I had no idea he was depressed or that he had been for an extended period of time.

A little while later, just after his funeral, I was asleep in my bed. But first, let me explain the make-up of my room, as it is necessary for the story. My bed is pulled up alongside the only wall in my room that has a window. Hanging from the bar that holds my curtains are several of the scarves I have knitted over the years.

Back to the story. So on this night I was asleep in my bed when I suddenly awoke. The light of the moon and the traffic from outside illuminated the bar with the scarves, one of which was curling up into the form of a noose. I stared at that scarf--the only one that was moving or bending in any way, as my window was closed considering it was autumn and rather chilly--and felt my throat close up and my eyes tingle. I was scared and very, very depressed, more so than I have ever been. (I am a usually content and happy person.) The scarf folded into a noose and then I shut my eyes and fell back asleep.

The next morning I was shaken, but I knew I hadn't been dreaming because I never remember my dreams and this one was as clear as the windowpanes of my bedroom window. I never told my parents, because they are huge skeptics. I've told my sister, and she too laughed it off, although she did seem a little shaken as well.

Could that scarf have been my cousin trying to tell me something? I don't know, I'm no psychic. But that experience really freaked me out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NyghtOwl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

123angela4 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Wow that's spooky maybe when you pray before you sleep you should make a wish for your cousin
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I would like to believe that your cousin was trying to contact you in some way but I have to agree with Pjod that you were in place where you were already hurt by the loss of your cousin and then you were in mode between awake and sleep. It's not to say that you are imagining things. It's just a possibility.

Also, please accept my condolences to you and your family for the loss of your cousin. Suicide is never a fun way to end a life and it hurts everyone surround that person.
zion1234 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
i believe also that this could be your cousin trying to make contact with you, clarifyin to you that it is him, by making you experience the sensations such as his experience in his death (tightening of your throat) hope he is at peace, and that he can move on
vantresa (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I agree with Pjod, but on some other level it could have been your cousin sending a message to you. Whatever the cause I hope he finds peace and is no longer in his depressed stage. You and your family have my sympathy!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Many things seem real while we are "in and out of" sleep. The mental picture you have of your cousins final moments- might have caused this illusion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: