You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I Managed To Scare My Doctor

Real Ghost Stories

I Managed To Scare My Doctor

 

This took place last month (May), when I took a trip to India. Although I was born in Sri Lanka, both countries have similar if not the same culture. But for a person like me, who grew up in Canada, it was a huge culture shock. First of all was the weather; oh my God, was it ever hot (I didn't care if people were looking at me weird but the whole month I was there, I was in shorts and a tank). I went to Chennai, then to Coimbatore, and then back to Chennai before coming home. Coimbatore's heat was like our summers here but Chennai was so bad; it was like walking into a big oven. No offence to YGS members from India but it was really hot.

There are two main reasons why I went to India with my family. First one was for my brother. At six months, my brother was diagnosed with having asthma. He has had so many asthma attacks growing up, it got scary sometime. My mother had made a promised to God that if my brother got better that she would bring him to Thirupati Temple and get his head shaved. The temple is in the town of Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh (it's about 291 KM or 181 miles from Chennai). So when we landed in Chennai, the very next day, my parents, brother, sister, cousin, cousin's friend (who lived in India) and myself made the trip to the temple.

Second reason for the trip to India was to get the ayurveda (herbal) treatment. I was in a car accident three and half years ago (January, 2009), which put me in a great deal of pain all over my left side of the body. I started taking meds for these pains but these meds did more damage than good. It did not help with my pains but affected my hormone levels to the point where my period stopped coming and when my period stopped coming, I started putting on so much weight. My cousin's friend suggested the ayurveda treatment centre in Coimbatore (where he lived). I was sceptical at first because the meds that I was already taking weren't working and I didn't think this was going to work. My mom forced me to go saying that if it didn't work there won't be any side effects as the meds were all herbal. So, I said that would try it.

My cousin, brother, and sister spent a few more days in Chennai and Coimbatore before heading back home to Canada. My parents stayed with my cousin's friend and his wife in Coimbatore while I was setup at the treatment centre. Believe me when I say that when I went in, I was a skeptic but when I left, I was a believer. For those who get the chance, I highly suggest taking the trip to India for this treatment. Like all good treatments, it's not is over night miracle but with two or three trips it will do wonders.

Okay, back to my story. Like I mentioned above, I was able to get a room at this treatment centre. The doctors there are very good at what they do and are very friendly. My treatment doctor was a kind and gentle man. He took the time to care for each of his patients (which is more than I could say about the doctors here). The very first time I met the doctor was for the consultation with my parents and cousin's friend at the outpatient building and I instantly liked him (can't say that about many people). But at the very same time, I got this other feeling; it was more like a sensation. You know when small amount electricity goes though your fingers or other parts of the body, your hair at the back of your neck stands up, that how I was feeling. I just couldn't shake off that feeling. When the doctor took my wrist to get a pulse, he actually shocked himself. Also, when he told me to relax so that he could take my pulse, I couldn't relax. He looked at me asked me what was wrong. I didn't want him to think I was a loonie on the first day, so I told him that I was feeling anxious because of the heat.

The doctor said that the room I was supposed to occupy would become free tomorrow morning and that I could come and book in for noon. So, I went back to my cousin's friend's place to pick up my clothes, laptop, and other things that I would need for my stay there. When I left the outpatient building, I was fine and even the next day, when I moved in to my room. That sensation feeling return, the moment my treating doctor came into my room to check up on me and to tell what my day was going to be like. (6am, 10am, lunch, 3pm, 6pm, dinner meds and then oil messaging in the morning, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner). The whole time the doctor was there, my room felt like there was an electric charge to it.

Just before the doctor left, he asked me if I was okay because I had the same look on my face yesterday. I told that it would take a few days to adjust to the heat and new place. So he smiled and left to check on his other patients. As soon as he left, the atmosphere changed back to normal. I started to get the feeling that there was something about the doctor and at the back of mind I knew that something was attached to him but wasn't sure what and I think with the personal problems I was dealing with I didn't want to know. It went on like this for the first week, with me getting that electric sensation whenever I saw my treating doctor (it never happened with all the other doctors that visited or checked up on me).

The second week started off normal with me taking my 6am meds, then breakfast at 7:30, and then my oil message at 8:30 am. But right after the massage, when I got off the table, I went into a dizzy spell. If one of the four massage therapist wasn't holding my arm, I would have fallen over and hit my head on the table. I think I scared her really badly because after the bath, she took me to my room and then called my treating doctor. I kept telling her I was okay because my doctor told me that my body would feel weak because of all the toxins leaving my body, so I wasn't scared or anything. But she said that she had to call him.

Being the nice man he was, my doctor came to check on me every hour until he left for the day. He even called my mom and told her to bring some apples for me so that I could bring my sugar levels up (sugar levels dropped and that's why I was dizzy). But the thing was, I could really appreciate what the doctor was doing for me because whenever he came into my room, I felt the intensity go up (it wasn't like last week). Also, I kept looking at the door to my room because I felt like someone was there. The doctor noticed this and asked me what was wrong.

So, I told him that for the last week whenever he came into my room, I felt like there was an electric charge in the room and today that intensity was much stronger and each time he came into the room, I kept getting the feeling that someone little was hiding behind the entrance to the doorway. The doctor went to check the doorway (I think he was just amusing me!) and told me that nobody was there. Also, it was highly unlike that there would be a kid by the door because the three kids on the floor I was on had a walking disability and could not be there without an adult close by. He told me that I was probably tired and weak from the message and that I should rest. So, I dropped it because I realized that it was pointless to convince the doctor in what I was going to though.

The day before I got dizzy, I had asked my mother if she could get me a sketch pad, pencil, sharpener, eraser, and some pastel colours. After my massage is done, I usually rest for an hour before I went to see and talk to the other patients but I found that most of them came out in the late afternoon or evening (when it was cooler). So, to keep myself occupied, I decided to draw instead of going on my computer all the time. My mother and cousin's friend brought the supplies for me when they came to check on me.

After they left, I started drawing the treatment centre from different points of view. About an hour after my mother and cousin's friend left, my treating doctor and another doctor came in to check on me. As soon as my treating doctor was close to my door way, I knew he was there because that intensity just shot up around me. He asked me how I was feeling and I told him that I was feeling much better than yesterday but I would still get the dizzy spells if I got up quickly or if I bend down really far. He told me that it will be like that and that I should rest.

The second doctor looks at me and asks if anything was wrong because I kept looking at the door way. Before I could answer, my treating doctor told the second doctor that I kept feeling as if some child was hiding behind the door. The second doctor was a physiologist and he told me that because my body was weak from the treatment, it was playing tricks on my brain. I just smiled and nodded okay but inside I was mad that my treating doctor called in the resident physiologist to check me out. GRRRR!

After that they looked at my drawings and told me that that pictures were nice and that I should be a professional (I'm an amateur and I think they are being nice). They also wanted the drawings of the treatment centre to put it up in the reception and I told them sure.

After the two doctors left, I kept getting this image of a young girl about 12 or 13 years old in my head (I think this is what everyone calls the third eye. Correct me if I'm wrong). For some reason, I had this impulse to get up and see my treating doctor walk away (don't worry I'm not stalking him! LOL!). I got up, ignoring my dizziness and went to the door. I looked out the door and saw that my treating doctor finish talking to the patient next to me and go to the next patient. Looking at my treating doctor, I got a stronger and detailed image of this girl. Also, I got the electric sensation of someone following him. That's when I realized what I was experiencing.

There was a spirit attached to the doctor that was treating me. Yeah, I was shocked but I didn't feel threaten in any way by this spirit and I didn't feel that the doctor was threatened in any way.

With the doctor gone, I went back into my room and back to my drawing. But the thing was I couldn't concentrate on my drawing of the treatment centre. The image of that girl kept coming into my mind. So I flipped the page in my sketch book and started drawing the girl. In about 3 hours, I finished drawing and colouring the girl. I had just finished putting the final touches to the picture when another patient that I became close to came to my door saying that group of people were gathering to do a sing-a-long and wanted to know if I could bring my flute to play. I said sure and was about to get up to get my flute when auntie (I called her that because she was older) saw the drawing of the girl in my book and asked if she was a relative.

Since I became close to her in the time I was there, I decided to tell her what was going on about the feelings I got whenever our doctor came into my room (we got the same treating doctor) and then what happened today and the outcome was that drawing. She takes one look at the picture and tells me to show it the doctor. I told her that she lost her mind because when I told him that I kept seeing a child outside my door, he brought in the shrink because he thought I was crazy. But she was like; you have a drawing of a child that you think you saw. Show it to him and see if he knows who the child is. I became scared and told her that I respect and like this doctor and I don't want to do or say anything to damage that. Auntie would have any of that and told me that she knows that doctor from before and that he wasn't the type to brush you off.

She actually used the phone in my room and called the doctor and told him to come by our rooms before leaving for the night (it was about 7pm that evening and he left at 9pm). Surprisingly, he came by my room when his shift ended. With auntie standing beside me, I asked him if he knew the child in my drawing. I look at the doctor, when he saw the picture, answer my question. He went pale and then got mad asked where I got a copy of the picture of the child to draw. Both auntie and I were shocked and confused; shocked that he got mad because we never seen him get mad before and confused because I never got a picture (photograph) of the child before. I told him as much and that I drew it from memory after I got the sensation. He kept saying no and left.

I really got worried because in the time I was there, I never seen the doctor look or react like that. I actually lost sleep over this because I felt guilty for making a person feel like that. My treating doctor was waiting for me when I came back from massaging treatment. As soon as he saw me, he said that we needed to talk. I felt dread because I was pretty sure he was going to kick me out of the hospital. He told the therapist to leave and that she was not needed at this time. She was like what the hell is going on but didn't say anything and left.

As soon as she left, he closed the doors to my room, pulled up the chair and sat across from me (I was sitting crossed legged on my bed) and the first thing he does is apologize to me for acting out like. I told him that I shouldn't have popped a fast one on him. Then I asked him what happened. He told me that before he answers that question, he wanted to know how I knew that little girl. I knew he didn't believe once and I was afraid of telling him again but decided to anyways in more detail. I explained to him about the feelings of electric intensity that I got whenever I was around him and the first time I felt it was during the consultation the very first day I saw him. And then after that, each time I saw him, it kept getting stronger. Then I told him about the gift that I got from my mother and grandmother and that yesterday when the doctor came to see me about my dizzy spell it was so overwhelming that I felt like I was suffocating. That's when I got the image of the girl at the door but I couldn't see her with my naked eyes.

I also told him that I actually followed him to the door and watched him walk down the hall and out of sight and I got this vibration type feeling and that kept giving me the feeling of seeing something following you but I didn't say anything because I didn't feel threatened in any way and didn't get the feeling that whatever it was, wasn't there to hurt you.

At this point, I would like to tell the YGS readers, that as I kept talking about this girl, I kept feeling her presence at the door and it was getting stronger.

The doctor finally told me the truth about the girl and why he got mad. It wasn't that he was mad but scared because he didn't tell anyone about the girl and the only people that knew about the girl was his mother and wife. Apparently, the wife that I mentioned just now is his second wife with whom he has three children (twin boys and a girl). He was married once before to a woman that he had loved (second marriage was arranged). The doctor's first wife was easily influenced by others (which included her brother and mother) and it didn't help that she was bipolar. The first wife's family started making her believe that her husband was cheating on her because she was unable to bear any children.

The doctor's mistake was that he really wanted children and when a co-worker told him about this orphan girl, he decided to adopt her and name her Priya. He brought Priya home to the family and everyone was happy; everyone except his first wife. Initially, she was happy that she could take care of a child but again her family started playing tricks and told her that Priya was actually the doctor's mistress' kid and to give a good life, the doctor brought her into the household. Of course, this was not true and the child was actually the co-worker's relative's child who was orphaned. But in a fit of rage, the first wife locked herself and child in a room in the house and set it on fire. Before anyone could save them, both of them died in the room.

About two years later, because his mother forced him to, he agreed to marry again. Before the marriage, he told his wife what happened and she gladly accepted him but he never got over what happened to Priya because he felt he was responsible for her death because he brought her into an unstable home. After the second marriage, the family couldn't live in the same house anymore because it felt like someone was watching them and it felt scary. So they moved to a new home to start a new life but the doctor never forgot Priya.

The doctor also mentioned that when I drew the picture of Priya, he thought that I somehow got a hold of the only picture of Priya (he destroyed everything else in an attempt to forget everything) and drew the picture. When he had gone home and found the picture, that's when he really freaked out.

At this point, I told the doctor that Priya had been following him all this time and I was able to feel her whenever he came near me and the only reason I was able to get a clear picture of her was because the treatment brought down my mental barriers. I had tears running down my face at this point because I never seen a fully built man break down and cry like that before. But I continued to tell him that his daughter was there with him and the reason she stayed behind was because she has to know that he will be okay if she moves on. She knows that she was loved by him and that you (doctor) would protect her if he got the chance too. (Although, Priya wasn't talking to me directly, I could feel her words come though me as if she was actually talking to me). I also told the doctor that Priya said that in the old house, the doctor's first wife was still there and trapped and needs to be crossed over with a blessing of the house.

This was the first time I seen so many expressions cross a man's face; from being scared to sadness to happiness. He finally admitted that he was happy that Priya was with him and he didn't realize that his sadness was keeping her here. He also promised that he would whole heartedly do the blessing on the old house (the old house was moved out of but never sold). Both the doctor and I felt Priya finally leave as the electric intensity left the room.

I will tell everyone this; this experience tops all of the experiences (as limited as they are) and I will never forget this for a long time.

Notes for everyone:

*The doctor and his family did a proper blessing for the old house and everything is fine there. (I know this for a fact because the doctor and his wife asked me to come to the blessing and I felt the difference in atmosphere).

*The doctor has finally moved on but never will forget his daughter, Priya.

*The doctor also mentioned that he actually considers me a part of his family and that if Priya had lived, she would have been my age and that every time he looks at me he is reminded of his Priya.

*When I met the doctor for the first time at the outpatient building, I got the sense of sadness in his eyes but couldn't place it but after this incident, he is a totally changed man and his wife mentioned that she likes this husband much better.

*Although, I'm back in Canada, I still keep in touch with the doctor and his family.

Other hauntings by geetha50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, geetha50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sakie (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-16)
Awesome story! Blessed are the chosen few like you who help trapped souls to cross over and the sad minds to welcome (finally) happiness whole heartedly. Wonder what would the Doctor have done had you not helped him? I am sure you are a great soul yourself that's precisely why God chose you to come down all the way from Canada to help three souls come to terms with reality!

Stay blessed and All The Best. BTW hope you are doing fine now!
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
Beautiful story... Totally loved it. Goes to my favourites straight away! So glad you could help the doctor and Priya. And glad to know you felt cured after the herbal treatment too:) and yes I agree, india is wayyyyy too hot! And it's getting worse each year... Chennai is, as you rightly said, an oven only! Lol! Anyway was lovely reading this story. Thank you:)
Lukav (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-10)
Amazing story. I loved reading this SO much. Thank you! You have an incredible gift, and I'm so glad you decided to take action and use it to a good purpose. It's always a risk to go out on a limb like you did. But in the end, it helped so much to people and spirits/souls who needed it. You deserve much praise.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-30)
Great story... Added to my favorites. I am glad that you were able to help a lot of people especially Priya and the First wife... Just a thought, do you still encounter such things until now even you're in Canada now?
kirthi (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-13)
wow geetha your story was really amazing... Loved your conversation, thanks for sharing
tomtomjh1983 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-03)
That was a beautiful experience. I hope you continue to help others cross over and to find some remnant of peace.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Thank you, NiNiNogginHead. It was an awesome experience and something that I will never forget.
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
This is a really amzing story. It's really nice that you managed to help priya and the doctors first wife.

By the way I faved this story. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
I am really happy that I helped him. It was a sense of relive on me also. The doctor was nice before I helped him but he was even more nice afterwards and made sure that I got the proper treatment.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
geetha, I knew I had you on my list of favorite authors for a reason. 😊 I really enjoyed this story. It was very deep and touching. I hope that you found relief from the therapy you received while in the doctor's care. You certainly repaid him, and then some! I'm glad to hear that he finally got some closure. You did a good thing here.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I didn't even realize it was long until people said so in the comments. I was really into your story! That was definitely meant to be. You went to be healed, and you probably healed the doctor more than yourself! 😉 I'm glad it worked out for everyone.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Lovely story! The message I enjoyed the most was that even if you are in need of help, you still have help to offer to someone one else! And also if you are the one providing the help (doctor) you sometimes need someone else' help!

I hope that you are feeling a lot better and that your brother is also doing well.

You have a gift and had an awesome oppertunity to help someone!
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
A different account and an incredible experience, not many people do that. You took the best advantage of your gift. This made me smile how the girl popped in your mind. Just wow! A favourite one to my favourite part the favourite list! Here I come...!

~Nikky
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Thank you for commenting on the story and putting it in the favourite section. It was truly a different kind of experience. I think at a point in my life where I could really understand where many of you are coming from. 😳
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I knew this story was going to be great. I couldn't wait to read it since yesterday. You help change a lot of people lives with that drawing. You very special, and this story belongs in every YGS member 'favorites'.

JS aka Brandon
Gargoyle (51 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Geetha
This is a really beautiful and moving account. It will be going into my favourites.
You truely have a gift.
😭
😁

Gargoyle
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
geetha: please apolagise me if you felt wrong. I just got that doubt. Anyway nice story.
Iam going to add you as favorite.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
geetha,
You once left a comment on a story of mine that read:
"My grandmother always told me that only when the time is right, you will figure out what you need to, until then there is no point in driving yourself crazy."
Your grandmother was absolutely right, of course.
And because of who you are, and the gifts you have inherited, you were able to bring long overdue relief to a situation that had been simmering for years. I have to believe it was fate that placed you exactly where you were intended to be at the point in time that would do the most good. The healing process was a circle of events, and each party involved had to be in place for the circle to complete itself. You each received the healing you were meant to receive, and none of it was by accident. I truly believe this is how it had to be for all of you to move on with your lives and have balance restored once again.
Nothing compares to the feeling you get when all the pieces fall into place and that sense of completion washes over you.
Thank you for sharing this geetha. You have given yet another example toward confirming the theory that so many of us subscribe to as the 'law no coincidences'.

Jav ❤

~Length be damned! This was perfect.~ 😁 (Adding it to my favorites list)
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
[at] geetha, Initially when I looked at the story, it seemed to be lengthy, as I started reading, I just went on & on, Never cared or realized about the length. Liked the way you presented it.

Once again thanks for sharing in detail.

P.S. I read it for the second time.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
geetha: WOW! This account is amazing and written beautifully not many of these around! 😁
I am so glad you got to help your doctor with this, I could feel a great burden being lifted of him knowing that Priya was making sure he was okay with the whole tragedy and he was moving on with his life. Nice to know you are still in contact with him Geetha and that you are much better health wise! 😊

Thank you for posting this for us all here.😁

Dan
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
geetha,

It experiences like this that would make me a believer if I wasn't one already. Thank you for Sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook

(P.S. This one goes into the Fav's list...)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
geetha: Don't apologize for the length! ❤...As far as I'm concerned, I love the fact that you didn't leave anything out... It doesn't leave much room for doubt, that's for sure! 😆...I think you (along with some other veteran posters ie: LouSlips, etc) may have stumbled upon a Blankie deflector 😆
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Thanks again to everyone. Again, sorry about the length of the story. When I start to write, it's like I'm a whole new person and I just start writing and don't realize how long it would get. But I wanted to get everything in. Looking back, I thing I could have edited some things out.

Looking back now, the feeling of peace that I got when I realized that I actually helped a person find closure and also help not one but two spirits cross over (actually, the second one the temple priests did that), it brought a sense of peace over me. That alone was different and I think many people could relate to that.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Fantastic story! It is probably one of the longest stories on YGS but you had me glued to the screen the whole time! Well told. I am so glad you followed your intuition, drew the picture and your fellow patient (Auntie) insisted that the doctor see it. Now many people, both incarnate and in spirit, are at peace.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
dude until I can get this voice activated thing on my phone down my messages are going to be pretty squirrely as well so don't feel bad. L o l. "--- see that's me saying lol. Ha ha.
But anyway this was a good story and I really enjoyed it I'm glad that everybody is better awesome and at peace.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Miracles: If you're worried about errors, take a look at my comment, then you won't feel so bad 😆...I had "lackofcoffeeitis" this morning 😆 😆
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Geetha

Wow, this was such a heart warming and wonderful story! I was glued to the edge of my seat, your narrative is really quite amazing. 😊

Im so glad the doctor was able to find some peace in the end, I truly believe you were meant to be at that treatment centre and have that particular doctor for a reason.

Thanks for sharing, this story will be added straight to my favourites 😊
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
amazing write up, good that you could help them both.

Thanks for sharing
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
It's okay, Miracles. Everyday is a learning curb for everyday. I guess you learn something. But it's also nice to have someone to defend you once in awhile. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
geetha - I jumped in when I shouldn't have 😉. I knew better, but sometimes I take offense, even not knowing all the circumstances 😆.

But still, it doesn't make your experience any less real no matter what what name you use on site.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: