You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Big Bang

Real Ghost Stories

Big Bang

 

I know maybe you are thinking "bet they are lying or must be joking". But this is a true story. It all started on Friday 13, 1986. I will never forget what had happened to me, that ghastly moment, the troubles I had. It all happened that night, I was watching a horror movie, I knew I should not because every time, I would imagine there was something in that house. You see, I lived alone in that old, bleak house. I quickly switch my movie off because I heard this loud tapping coming from my attic door. So I built up some courage and slowly walked to the attic, not knowing what would lay beneath that rotten door.

The tapping's would become bangings, every step would bring me fear. Eventually I got to the attic door, opened it slowly, the banging stopped and nothing was there, just cobwebs and scrap books from years ago. I decided to go to bed as it was next door. So I brushed my teeth quickly, wanting to go bed of course. There I was, laying on my bed, listening to the little noises my house made. Until there was a large BANG next door, I was terrified... who wouldn't be. I started to cry, thinking some burglar got into my house. As the telephone was on the table next to me, I rang the police to come and check my house of them terrible burglars.

After waiting 15 minutes, I heard a bang on the door. So I ran downstairs and answered the door. But the police weren't at my door, they were a distance from my house, like they were scared of someone or something. I will never know what did happen but it must be bad to keep the police away...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, franchesca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-17)
I have cops in my family and I don't know of any that would stay away because of loud noises. Just the opposite, they come all that much faster. Plus, I would have definetly found out the reason why, if they didn't in the first place.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear Franchesca,

Your story is quite creepy indeed. I believe you have a malevolent prescence at your house. Did the police question you? I advise you to have your house blessed. If it truly is a demon then here is a website that might help:
Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Home_Page.php

Thank you for sharing your story with us. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I never watch horror movies they scare me and may give me nightmares. The other day I heard little girl voices, bang, and something walks in my mum and days bedroom because I feel scared. I have seen 2 ghosts in this house.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Weird. It's strange that the police didn't keep attempting to get inside of the house, but they were strayed away? I don't understand that really... It's their job... And they usually don't let much prevent them from doing their job. Unless they were just chillin' out on the street corner finishing their coffee and eating a dohnut? Heh. Anyway, good story.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Sorry but this does sound a wee bit fake. Why would the police be scared of someone? They're the police! And anyone who phones the police just because they heard a bang, should ask themselves if they really think that's an appropriate way to use police resources!
But hey, maybe there was banging noises coming from your attic. Although I'm a little confused...quote..."not knowing what would lay beneath that rotten door..."...beneath? I'm sure you meant to say behind or above, unless you have an upside down house and the attic is in the basement!?
😉
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Dear franchesca,

Latin, profanity, author won't participate in the discussion, and the story opens with the following line: I know maybe you are thinking "bet they are lying or must be joking". Who needs all of those things like Latin, profanity and so forth to make a statement about the story, let alone pick it or publish it, dear boys---and girls?

Abby says: This story is not true. One thump on head, and don't call these police, because they don't have GPS, only directionally, disabled, butt sniffing dogs! Maybe the dogs should have sniffed this story! 😉 Did I say that or was it my lack of hormones?--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Ah a well rounded Man you are Martin. The one is pretty easy. It's I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto. Glad you caught that.😉

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
My latin is a little bit rusty (what, no google latin to english translation tool?) but I have a rough idea of what you're saying Shane 😉 It reads too much like a fiction short story to be real, but who knows, I couldn't say for sure.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules, or better yet, Certe, Toto, sentio nos in kansate non iam adesse. Figured out a way to express my opinions in a different manner.

Peace, Love, and luck be with you.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Holy cow! I would've ran out and asked them what happend! Sure I'd be scared shiatless, with the banging, but the tapping?CLASSIC!I believe that was a warning to stay away because something bad will happen. Get you house blessed.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Franchesca, definitely creepy! Did you ever ask the cops why they didn't come up to your door? Did they eventually? I also love to watch horror movies and anything related. I get scared too but you know, you can always tell if you're spooking yourself with what you're watching. I haven't had anything happen while I was watching something scary, but I do get spooked by it. When something legitimate happens I can surely tell the difference.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: