You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Haunted Or Is It The House?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Haunted Or Is It The House?

 

I haven't ever really experienced paranormal activity until I moved into this house about three years ago, and it isn't that old.

I've had dreams all my life that scare me to death and every once in awhile I'll have a night terror. The dreams are like set on another world setup with scary people. I'm terrified of the dark and odd things have happened to me in public, but I shrug them off. I've always felt like someone's watching me or with me, though sometimes they feel good, sometimes bad. Like one time (it's happened at least four) I had gym class but forgot something in the locker room so I go back in and I'm by myself right? Then I'll hear someone walk up next to me and sometimes say something random but I turn and walk around and no one is in there and some of the locks on the lockers will be shaking like when you lock them.

But I'll get back on topic now. So my house was built around 1995-97 and stands out in my neighborhood. It's cedar with a huge yard, and every other house has a small yard, and painted house. You always hear "people" walking, running or jumping upstairs, mainly in my little sister's room. My whole family can hear that. And sometimes we'll all hear he toilet randomly flush or something upstairs.

One of the weirdest things is that once a few months ago, me and my mom were not getting long at all. So, when my family was eating dinner she said all these things to infuriate me, then my dad chose her side. So I was about to tell my dad the reasons why but my mom told me to just go to my room. I was so incredibly angry, I stomped out and slammed my door, which I never do.

Then later that night and the next morning my family individually came up to me except for my dad, and wouldn't quit asking if I turned off the light when I walked out. I told them "No!" (Note-I am the only one who could've reached the light switch the way the table is facing.) And I never did. There would be no point. They couldn't get it to turn back on for most of the night. My mom and sister said they thought I was so mad that maybe my energy made them go out.

Then I saw this about 7-9 ft tall hooded figure/shadow in the entryway when I was home alone once sitting on the couch. For some reason I heard something jump off the stairs and I saw its shadow on the entryway closet doors, but was in shock and couldn't react or move my body so I shut my eyes and somehow knew what was around the corner. It was so real.

Then the scariest thing is I'm the only person with a bedroom downstairs and I share it with my younger sister who is not home much. Every time she's gone I hear and almost feel people walking outside the door in the hallway, living room, and kitchen. It's like they're having a party or something. I sometimes hear them talking so I pretend it's my parents watching TV at 2:00 in the morning even they fall asleep by 11:00. I walk out there and there is nothing.

So many scarier things have happened at the house, but I might put those in other stories.

Please tell me what's wrong with me.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kristine021, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

None2413 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-21)
E-mail me, no-star-2090 [at] hotmail.com I know some people who can help if your house is haunted.
zorro15 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
Thank you so much everyone, I truly appreciate any sort of feedback. And about a month ago we moved out of that house into a new one, but stuff is still happening. The vibes just aren't as bad in this new house.It's brand new and twice as big as our old one.But,about a week into this new house my sister that sleeps in the basement with me said she heard someone walking upstairs in the middle of the night and no one was up there except for the sleeping dog. And I constantly hear random footsteps;day and night. And I was trying to fall asleep about two weeks ago in my room at like two in the morning, but for some reason I just couldn't,then I heard breathing so I shut My eyes And herrad walking. There was someone Standing at the end of My bed, I was too scared to look, but they were there for at least ten full minutes.Also,My parents went on a walk about a week ago, And it was around 9:30 at night. They left My two little sisters with me so I read them storys And put them to bed.Then,I went downstairs And after about ten minutes I thought My parents walked in so I went to the spot And they weren't Home, Then I hear constant loud footsteps everywhere And the house started to shake a little, it was like we were having a party or something. Then it stopped as soon as they got home...
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
theres nothing wrong with you, you eyes ears mind and heart are opened to the spirit world. Not many people have the ability to see what you see. My mother sees things in the spirit world probably as much as you do. I on the other hand could only feel them looking at me and only see shadows at the corner of my eyes sorta experiences. I would listen to them down \/ there (other commenters) and would look into getting rid of the negative things that roam your house. If at all possible get your parents involved and tell them how the things in the house make you feel, tell them that you don't like it and ask if they could get that priest to bless the house. If you can't get the priest to bless your house you just might have to take these matters into your own hands and will have to go threw a process of blessing your home yourself.

<3 qt
Michore (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
I agree with thesimoneau6, the only thing you want to know is what caused it, only if, you or your family caused it, otherwhise it has no right for being there. But get a priest to help, he wil identify what to do. There is nothing wrong with you and these occuranses are not uncommen, believe it or not.
JordanElizabethBell (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Something similar has happened to me before, I have felt as if someone else is in the room with me or sitting next to me or touching my shoulders. May I say never use holy water as sometimes with powerful spirits it can not effect them, or fully dismiss them. Some spirits can not help but haunting because they are lonely or they are attached to you and feel calm with you. But as I think and many others, you are not haunted, maybe a spirit is attached to you or finds peace with you and its just trying to play, hope you have some help with that!
thesimoneau6 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I agree with Jazzy because that dark figure cannot be a good sign. If you see it and its moving, then its not sounding good especially if its cloaked. I would deffinately find a priest or learn to do a blessing over the house in every room to get rid of that entity because that is what could be causing your tension between yourself and your mother. If you know that it is not usual for you to talk like that to your parents or to act like that, than it is deffinately unusal and if you sense that this entity is bad, that could be the reason behind it. Not that you are crazy in any way shape or form. It has to be the house and you need to use your special gift that god gave you and protect yourself and your family from what molevalent spirit could be lurking in your home. Bless and say prayers over the house and hope for the best!
Best of luck to you and all your family 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Without more information concerning the history of the property or the home itself it's hard to say what you may be 'hearing'. The 'tall cloaked figure' may have been a manifestation of the negative emotions being 'displayed' in the home during that time of 'stress' between you and your Mother.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
zorro15 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Thank you guys so much! I did apologize to my parents the day after and have learned to respect them more, but I still just don't understand my own energy, as weird as it sounds.I've sort of thought of the idea of me being able to sense them,i've just always pushed those thoughts away... I think now i'll try to be more open about it?Maybe?
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
It sounds like there is something in your house. I don't like the sound of a black hooded figure moving around in your home. This may be the cause of you and your parents not getting along the way you should be. In no way, shape or forum, should you be disrespecting your parents in their home, stomping and storming out of the rooms, slamming the doors and behaving as such. You know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with you at all, when you said yourself that your family have been hearing the noises, walking and running too. This entity in your home, needs to be cleansed out of there. It has no business being in your home, it is negative and it is trying to devide and conquer your precious family. That's not cool at all. You and your need to band together, cleanse that home, and kick that negative entity to the curb. Please go to your parents and apologize to them and remember to treasure your parents, you only have them once. I truly believe whatever this is in the house, may be causing things to happen so it will look like you. If you had the ability to do these things, you would be able to do them any and everywhere you go. That should be a sign to you that it's not you.

Take care and bless you and your family.
thesimoneau6 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I completely agree with GabrielladeLioncourt, and mrfear672india. I think that you do have the ability to sense people or other entities of some sort that are no longer with us. I do not think that anything is wrong with you. I think that it may just be the house but If they haven't Harmed you yet, Chances are you won't. You have a powerful ability that a small percentage of people have. I think I am of that percent too, but you need to use this power to protect yourself and your family from dangerous things that may come in the future. 😁
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Did you asked your parents did they experienced the same?
I think you got ability to sense them.

Take care of your family.
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I don't think there is anything wrong with you! 😊

Maybe your feeling past energies left behind that your picking up on. Or maybe something hapenned in your home. Or maybe just now your developing a medium ability. Who knows, hopefully youll find some answers! 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: