You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispers And Breathing In My Ear

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers And Breathing In My Ear

 

Since the time I turned 13-years-old, I hear voices in my ear at night. They seem to be whispering into my ear. There was this one night where I was sleeping or, more exactly, falling asleep. This was before I played music when I am going to sleep.

Everyone in my family was asleep and the house was dark and quiet. I had my room door closed. My room has a small window which, when it is night time, was pitch black. My room was darker than everyone else's rooms. Usually I leave the curtains slightly open so the light from the moon can show in my room. When I was falling asleep I heard a voice calling my name. This voice I did not recognize and it sounded like a man's voice. It felt like he was right next to my ear. I quickly turned around and saw no one there. At first I thought I was dreaming but I was wide awake. I thought nothing of it and tried to go back to sleep. Then again the voice said my name. I jumped out of my bed and saw nothing. I decided to check around my house and try to see if anyone was awake. I checked and no one was awake; they were all asleep. So I went back to my room and heard nothing. I went to sleep and the next morning I asked my family if they heard someone calling their name. They all answered no and asked me why I asked that. I told them it is nothing to not worry them.

When night came I forgot about the man's voice and was falling asleep. Then I heard someone's breath breathing down my ear. I quickly covered my ear and turned around. Again nothing was there. I laid back and tried to think nothing of it.

Then for the past months I kept hearing a voice calling out my name and breathing down my ear. So after that I decided to put on some music when I go to sleep. The music helps me sleep and not hear anything. Sometimes I still the voice calling my name out even though I have my music playing.

Sometimes the voice changes from a man to a woman, or other times it's more than one voice. Sometimes during the day I hear a voice calling my name when I am sitting or just doing something. I turn towards the voice and if one my family is with me, they ask what is wrong. I tell them nothing and try to go back to my task.

Other hauntings by HeavenlyGlory

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HeavenlyGlory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
HeavenlyGlory,

We have the same experience! But mine was just a breathing. I shared my experience "The Breathing of a Spirit".

That was just scary, hearing your name from someone you don't know and you don't even see. 😲

Thank you for sharing your experience! 😁

---Bela---
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Siri: I have my torch ready, too! 😆...Now if I can just get this damn Zippo to light 😭
HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Siri-its ok. Your right I should of put that information into the story. No worries. 😊
Siri (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Thanks for the quick reply! See, that kind of info would have been nice in the story, then I wouldn't stick my foot so far into my mouth. 😆 Good to know it's paranormal, then.
I enjoyed the story, thanks for sharing.
HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
siri-i moved into the house in 1999. I was 6 years old then. I been experiencing paranormal stuff since I was 4 years old. When we moved into this house it was not blessed, But the house I talked about is the same house I live right now with my family. Now I am 19. But when I turned into my teenager year 13, I experienced much more, hence the hearing the voices. Lol, no I had no mental check but I heard from my mother (months later I told them) that ever since she was little she always experienced paranormal. We had the house blessed this time. She told me that she had gifts and that is why I experience these things, since "gifts" can be passed down. 😊. Ever since we had our house blessed it calmed down, but I still experience it now and then.
Siri (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Not to be offensive or anything, but have you ever had any kind of mental health check since this began? I only ask because the voice is only ever heard by you, directly in your ear, and isn't consistent (being a man, woman, or multiple voices) and you are right around the age that schizophrenia usually presents itself.
Now, if that is completely out of the question, then perhaps it may be paranormal. If I may ask, how long have you been living in that house? You do not mention it in the story, but I got the impression that it wasn't a recent move, as most people that begin experiencing things after a move blame the new residence. That was another thing that had me leaning towards a check up. Again, I'm not trying to be offensive at all, or rude, this was just the first thing I thought of when I saw your age and read the experience.

Respectfully, I swear! (Stealing the 'respectfully' salutations from Rook, for fear of torch-wielding crowds...)
Siri 😁
-ghosthunter- (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I've had a similar experience to you, and if this keeps on happening to you, just say, "Please go away."someone in my family told me to do that when I have ghost experiences.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Hi glory:i can only suggest that don't care that. I could be or couldn't you be your imagination.
Someday it get bored seeing you.
Good luck.
Bamftastic (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
this almost sounds to me like someone you know is mentally calling out to you. For instance when my daughter is visiting her dad I hear her say mom when she's not here, but I still hear it and it is her voice maybe you should listen to the voice closely and see if it registers as a voice of some one you know. Hope this helps some 😊
BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
It can be bad if you respond to the spirit, but there can be time where you're overthinking and hear things out of nowhere. And I wonder why you didn't tell your family about the situation? Maybe they can help:)
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Have you tried answering the voice with a "Here I am!" Reply?

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: