You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Multiple Form Doppleganger

Real Ghost Stories

Multiple Form Doppleganger

 

I just recently subbmitted a story called ocassional encounters. This story is related to that story, and is in the same trailer. I recently changed jobs. I wasn't getting any hours, no raises, and I wasn't getting the hours I wanted, which was graveyard. I got a much better job, with better pay, and of course the hours I wanted. So on with my story...

The layout of my trailer is, you have my room, living room, kitchen, hallway, bathroom in hallway, and my sons room at the end of the hallway. You have to pass the bathroom to get to his room. Trailers being what they are, you can hear everything, especially running.

One night I was getting ready for work. Took a shower and was combing my hair back into a ponytail. I had already got dressed and had the door open to let out the steam. When I heard running down my hallway. It sounded like my sons running. His shadow hit the wall as he ran by. I called out to him, using his nickname, hey bubbs. No answer. About 30 seconds later my son runs down the hallway. I again said hey bubbs. He answered, hey mom.

This happened with me at night as mentioned in my other story, ocassional enxounters. It took the form of my shadow in that story. This time it was my sons form, and the sound of him running. This was the second time the entity took the form of my son. The first time was the exact same scenario. I know I am not mistaken, as I saw the shadow clearly, and heard the running.

I guess the only questions I have, can a doppleganger take the form of more than one person? I have read other stories regarding dopplegangers, but there dosen't seem to really be a whole lot of information on them, other than just the encounters people seem to have on them.

If it can take the form of more than one person, then does it take more energy to take the form of more than one person? Hense, only seeing the exact shadow and not the entire full body?

Other hauntings by mamachong

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mamachong, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GreyFeather (44 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
I keep reading online that if you see a doppleganger, the person it's imitating will die. I'm living proof that's not true. I have a doppleganger of me and so does my daughter. Numerous people have seen them and so have I. They vanish into thin air. They're as real as I am. I'm still here and so is my daughter. What I desperately want to know is how to get rid of them. If anyone has that answer, please let me know!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
I'd definately go with what Granny is saying that this is a playful spirit that can only manifest itself into a shadow form. It seems to just like to play.

ChaosStopper ~ I hardly think seeing a shadow or doppleganger is going to cause death. I've never heard that before...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
mamachong: Interesting, some of us on this site have a theory about living residual activity, meaning the person is alive but the activities that they do within the home have been let's say stained into the walls and evironment there and can be repeated anytime. Say your son obviously runs up and down the hall normally am I correct?

Of course there is always the chance of it being a doppleganger but I have also heard they can manifest to near perfection of who it is copying but seem to fail slightly round the head area, especially eyes, nose, mouth etc. I'm not to sure about a doppleganger in shadow form either, seems to me more of a child or small shadow person. Strange though! Thanks for sharing another account with us here!

Dan
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Something you said in a post below..."It mimics what we are about to do, or have done" I take this to mean it moves in shadow form where you already have been, or about to go? I find this very interesting.
Could there be lighting issues in your home causing some of this? Only one thing to try and debunk, if you already haven't.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
I can say with certainty, no one is going to die from a shadow- and nothing stands out as demonic... If it was something preternatural, you would know.
I wouldn't even say "doppleganger" -only an intelligence moving about as a shadow, perhaps trying to go unnoticed. Short of scaring your child, sounds like nothing to worry over.
ChaosStopper (2 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
well I think you should spend more time with your son because I heard an elder saying "When you see a doppleganger of of a human that human will DIE..."
Im not joking or some'thin just I want you to be happy with you'r son ❤ ❤
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Well I'm not really sure what to think about this entity. From what I read on onther stories, dopplegangers usually take the full form. This one only takes the shadow form. It has taken on my form and that of my son's. Also recently, it has taken on my dogs form, my husband has seen it take on the shadow of my black chihuahua. I have noticed this in the past too but did not put two and two together until my husband mentioned it. If you read my other story, occassional encounters, it took on my form. You see me leave my sons room, then my shadow after I have already went to the living room. Same thing with my son. We did not leave the room and go in again, back and forth and so on. Whatever this entity does it always does what we are about to do or have done, the exact same thing. I originally thought it was a child ghost at first too, but ghosts usually don't take the form of your shadow.
As for astral projecting, my son was awake. Is astral projecting when your asleep only, or can you do it when awake too? These are all logical explinations, but this entity dosent really fit any of these.
So what I'm wondering, is this a doppleganger or some other entity, and what type of entity? Am I right in assuming it needs more strength to manifest fully? I don't want to say demonic yet, as no one has been hurt in anyway. Mabie someone can tell me. Sorry this post is so long.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
mamachong: I think it's entirely possible for them to take more than one form... If they can do with it one, why not another?...However, my understanding of a doppleganger is that they impersonate nearly to perfection so the witness is left with a WTH moment...I've never heard of a "doppleganger shadow person"...My guess would be that you have the playful spirit of child running amok 😆
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
One case I read up on- the guys from TAPS, where this fellows wife had one haunting him. Whenever he was in a room with this imposture, and the wife was coming near, the doppleganger would hurry out to avoid being seen by his wife. The TAPS guys set up a situation where one was alone with this dopple- when the wife started coming into the room, the dopple ducked into a closet never to be seen again. This case was documented in one of Jay and Grants books...
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Maybe it was your son who ran and he just didn't hear you or didn't answer.
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I have heard tell of stories where we can "translate" ourselves. For instance; a friend of mine (who I know to be one of the most honest persons I've ever known) told me about a friend of hers who was a pastor. Some people he knew thanked him for visiting/ministering/praying with them the night before. He was in shock because he had been at home sleeping when this was suppose to have occurred.
I think this was a case of 'translating" his spirit to visit the family who must have needed it.
Who knows what our spirit is capable of doing? What a wonder!
I wouldn't be afraid. Your son could be astral projecting whilst asleep interacting with you.
Blessed Be
H05VV-F (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Creepy encounter, I don't think that dopplegangers can take multiple forms as doppleganger is German for double walker so its meant to represent one person not multiple ones, I'm not sure though. You should wait until another member comments on your story and maybe gives you some more info.
Thank you for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: