You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experiences In The Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences In The Childhood Home

 

I present to you my very first publish of one of the few occurrences that I've bared witness to. A little about myself, I'm 23 and a native of California. I am a practicing Wiccan, and also dabble a bit in the Druid teachings of my motherland. I've been serving in the Navy, and have not had the chance to go back to my childhood home for a while... Until only recently.

When I had lived there, my room had always had... Well... Let's just call it a feeling of abnormality. The house was built in the 60's, and has only had 2 owners before my mother had purchased it in 1993. For the first 10 years it was your average suburban house. My mother married my stepdad and moved in my 3 stepbrothers. I also had 2 sisters living in this 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. As you can imagine, it had always been rather crowded.

No occurrence had taken place while all these people had been in one home, save for one or two here or there. It had often been a cupboard opening and slamming in the middle of the night, which had often been blamed on my brother, as he had acute insomnia and never really slept during the night. Or a rogue doorbell ringing n the middle of the night. Now this I dispelled any sort of illusion of some funny business going on as I know our neighborhood had a few less desirable children.

Let's fast forward, shall we? 11 years later I was 16. My brothers had all moved out, and I inherited the room to myself. First thing I thought: party like a rock star. Having never had a room to myself, it was like a dream come true. It seemed empty without the two bunk beds, and so I decorated it with my nerdiness. I was an anime lover back in the day, so damn near every square inch of the walls were covered with wall scrolls or posters, magazine clippings... You know, the stuff that teens do.

With only me and my sisters left as the children of the house, things started to get... Strange. I would lie in bed and read for a bit when I could hear footsteps on a hardwood floor down the hallway. I would hear the pitter patter of what sounded like high heels on the floor, until the sound would vanish at my doorway. The house was entirely carpeted. I was also lying in bed, trying to sleep when it felt like someone was rushing me, jumping, and spreading their arms wide as if shouting, "Surprise!" I didn't see a thing, but I "felt" it. Part 2 to come, along with the conclusion.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Horun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mrfear672india (106 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Hi horun,
Did no on hear these in house when your family was there?
How can you be at home when these happens.
Now you are 23, how can you be 16 eleven years back?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Horun,
"Let's fast forward, shall we?" I wish you would...
Why oh why would you make this a two part experience? Short paragraphs with double spacing between is just cheezy.
A native Californian you say? Yet you state that you also "dabble a bit in the Druid teachings of my motherland". You got me on that one! I was born and raised there myself, and I don't recall any archeological evidence of Druids being discovered in California.

~Rolling my eyes and shaking my head as I walk away from this one.

Jav
H05VV-F (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I think you might have a poltergeist I also think that maybe because youre a Wiccan that certain "entities" are more drawn to you. Other than that I have no clue of what it could have been.
Thank you of sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: