You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: What Happened to Me?

Real Ghost Stories

What Happened to Me?

 

It was late one night and I felt like I could connect with a spirit. I just had a strange feeling, but I was ready for this to happen. I always felt that I could open up and be a medium, I just never really believed. I thought it was made up or something terrible would happen. It must have been around midnight when I went upstairs to my bedroom and laid down on the bed. I spoke out loud, I said, "I'm here come to me, I'm ready". I heard sounds like someone walking up my stairs then I felt paralyzed, I physically could not move, and there was a loud high pitched scream in my right ear. I could not move, then finally it was gone. I couldn't sleep that night... what happened?

Another time, when I was a little girl about 4 years old. I was living in Miami Fla. I woke up from my bed and started to walk to my parents room, like always I wanted to snuggle with them. As I was walking down the hall, I saw that there was a party. There must have been 50 people/spirits or so. They were eating at our dining room table. It was buffet style in the Florida room. The people were dressed like from a different era, maybe the 1940's.

A lady dressed all in black, with long black hair came to me. She knelt down and told me to "SHHH, go back to bed". That happened 33 years ago & I have never forgotten her. Who could she be? Why did she send me back to my room?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Colleen813, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kodagirl2121 (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
whoa,i would have nevor have done that letting a ghost come to me, no way it could have been a bad spirit.
I'm glad that nothing happened to you.
anyway I think that the lady was only trying to comfort you so you werent scared about seeing all the ghost 😊
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Dear Colleen813,

It was possible that you summoned to you something you perhaps should not have. As I have said on other stories and in comment posts, please use your common sense. Summoning a ghost or spirit, or anything from the unknown realm beyond our 3D physical reality is to be respected, responsibility taken, homework done, experience very helpful, protection needed, strong to nearly fearless must only apply, empowered personality definitely wanted and consequences dealt with if any and all things should follow whether defined as good or not so good. As for the party and lady in black, the whole event may have been that period of the house and those people playing out a segment in their history over and over again, as a snatch like piece of time colliding with your present time when this event occurred at once. The lady in black, in her time and you, in yours, both came together and your paths crossed for that brief lost moment in time. It also seems as though the people are also lost in their own time, but at least it was a party and a positive event. It is was a positive experience with a positive result and if one believes, positive proof that life goes on or it stays stuck in an energy imprint at the same time that is considered the present. Mind boggling, but it is as always your choice to decide what it all was.--Abby
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Whatever you do, if you do become a Medium, don't let the spirit come into your body! It's happened to my friends before and it wasn't very good... 😕

I don't know what they were doing partying down there. Like cupcake said, that was a comforting ghost that didn't want you to be around and about at night at that time.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
I don't know why she did? But anyways, you saw a bit of the past except, that woman... She probally did that because you were too young to go around at that time of night. Did she scare you or did she feel like she was your own mother? Just woundering... If she comforted you, then she's a good spirit.Let's hope peace will come!
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
That's a really creepy story! I'd be scared out of my mind!
I do think that before you open yourself to spirits again you should contact a medium. They can help you to focus your energies and also help you to surround yourself with 'good' energies, like a spirit guide/guardian angel type thing. You obviously have some kind of gift, and if you're willing to open yourself to it, you should go for it! Just be careful. I don't mean demons and devils, just nasty, unfriendly spirits, and you need to learn how to protect yourself properly otherwise they can really mess with your head.
Let us know how everything goes!
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Collen813,
As Dolliementalerror said be careful because you never know what you get yourself into...demons, evil spirits, nice ghosts, etc... I would tell people if anything hurts you but for now it seems harmless. Be cautious and be safe,

Much Blessings,

Ceary
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Collen813, it sounds like maybe you could be a medium. It's a bit worrisome that you opened yourself up like that. It sounds like a pretty scary experience. I hope you will let us know if anything more happens with this. I think it sounds like the 'party' you walked in on when you were little and the lady who told you to go back to bed was just being motherly. It doesn't sound like you were afraid, but I don't think that was something I'd forget either. Any time my parents had a get together they sure didn't want me nosing around.
Dolliementalerror (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
I know the feeling of feeling like a spirit is trying to connect with you. But actually people that know about and studied about ghost and hauntings told me that the spirit in my house was trying to enter my body. That night was the worst of my life.

But there are different forces of things. Please don't just assume its a ghost it could be a demonic force and such. So take effect like everyone says before it gets worse.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: