You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Shadow Was Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Was Watching Me

 

I was awoken from one of those horrible dreams where it feels like you are falling out of a helicopter, and just as you are about to land, you wake up. So first I need to say, my bedroom is quite large, my bed is facing a window, so as soon as I wake up, I'm facing this window.

As I was still focussing my eyes to the darkness, I saw a silhouette of a man outside my window. The strange thing is, my bedroom is on the second floor of my house, which is actually quite high up, and impossible for anyone to see through without support. As I stared at this figure, I managed to make out that it was wearing quite a long hat, but had no facial features, like no eyes, nose, or mouth; only the hat.

The figure and I just stared at each other for what seemed like a long time, but was really only a few seconds. I flew under my sheets and just hid there hoping the figure would go away, so just as I looked back out from under my covers, there was a knock on the door. Minding you this was around 4am in the morning, so no one would be knocking at that time. It was a rather light knock, and quite slow.

By then I was very scared, I was hoping that no one would answer the door, and no one did. I tried to fall back asleep, but I kept feeling as if someone was watching over me. It was a strange feeling, like I felt threatened. But luckily I had managed to fall asleep, because the next thing I know was waking up in the morning again, but this time it was bright outside. That has never happened again, I've never felt someone watching me, or seen this figure. I was sure that I was not dreaming it, it felt so real!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Skelopatch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fayeth (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
Freeeeee-kay Nice story🤔 Thanks for sharing! Are you in NZ?
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Creepy experience & apparently I have read this story somewhere else. Have you posted it before?

Thanks for sharing

Josh
Skelopatch (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Thank you all for the comments!

To this day I do often feel as though I am being watched over, but nothing more.
And that's strange, I have never posted this story anywhere else.

Best of luck
--Skelo
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Sahee, I also felt this story was familiar, but I'm drawn to shadow man stories and I think it resembles a little bit another story on this site.
Skelopatch, this sounds like a fairly typical shadow man encounter, from the appearance (no facial features; wearing a hat) to the feeling of dread, of time standing still and then waking in the morning). One aspect that is unusual is hearing the knocking. As far as I know, shadow men aren't usually associated with sounds or sensations of touch. Other than that, I would classify this as a shadow man encounter. There is a lot of info online about this phenomenon. I have had a shadow person experience and have researched it as best I can but still don't know what they are or what they want.
Sahee (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Im not really sure but i've read this story before... Did you post this in other site...?
Anyway, your story is quiet creepy, had it happen again?
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
I wouldn't worry about this experience. If you haven't had any more encounters, then everything should be good. Do you think it was maybe a dream now, because you kind of confused me when you said, "I was sure I was not dreaming it,". I'm sorry if I misunderstand this, because I don't want to come off as rude. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
ChengSifu (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
I don't think it's a dream since you sense somebody is watching over you. I bet you have difficulty of falling asleep after that. Had the same experience before

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: