You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I'm Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Haunted?

 

I've always loved the paranormal, even at a very young age. I remember my mother telling me that when I could barely talk I would have conversations with something she could not see.

One of the earliest stories my mother told me was when I was about six and my younger sister about three. She put us in the bath and went to check on my nephew, when she saw a little girl run from the bathroom to my bedroom. Of course she thought it was me and she quickly went to check on my sister who she thought was all by herself but when she reached the bathroom both my sister and I were in the bath.

Many years passed before another memorable event happened and that was last year. I am now fifteen years old and I quickly try to logically explain these experiences. My father was in Alaska for work so it was just my mother, sister and I plus our two dogs. We all fell asleep in my parents' room and around two I woke up and felt really thirsty. So like any other night I got out of bed and headed to my kitchen. I began to feel watched but I just told myself it was nothing.

It wasn't until my way back to the room when I heard two little girls laughing. This terrified me because both my mother and sister where sleeping and the televisions were all off. I quickly ran to my mother's bedroom. I didn't tell anyone what happened that night.

A few months passed until my father came back. That next morning my father told me he saw two little girls standing in his doorway but only saw them in the reflection of the television. He changed his story once I told my sister and reassured her it was only a dream he had. I told him my story and he didn't believe me.

Nothing seemed to happen until my friend and I started to hear banging on my walls slowly making it's way to the corner right beside my bed. We called it out telling it to show itself. We hid under the blankets for awhile before revealing our faces but when we did, right above me there was a face, bright and slightly glowing. I didn't really want to believe it but after what happened I couldn't.

I was later told his name was John and I reminded him of his daughter. I don't really believe it since I only saw him once. Nothing seemed to happen for a long time until today. The same friend and I were in my room when we heard banging and talking. We thought it was my sister and her friend but when I asked her she said they were in the living room watching a movie. I began to see things. First what I thought was a head and then an hour or so later something completely covered my friend's arm out of my view but both times only for a second. Keep in mind this friend and I hang out multiple times every week. I'm not sure what to call this.

Am I haunted or is the house? Do I have a gift or is it just coincidence? Will things get worse?

Other hauntings by hallyberrybro

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hallyberrybro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
princess
My friend and I were hiding under the blankets because we were hearing noises then when we uncovered our faces I saw a "glowing" thing in the shape of a face and I could clearly see an outline of the nose eyes and mouth. My mom contacted a psychic medium and she told me.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
so how did you find out you remind this guy of his daughter? And how did you see his face over your head?
hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
plus you don't have to be the only one seeing the spirits to be haunted.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I don't think you are haunted, as others have had independent experiences. It seems more likely it is the house. I don't think it's a good idea to challenge the spirit to show itself. It could cause the activity to ramp up. If you do talk to it, do so only to set boundaries (i.e. You are not welcome in my bedroom or please do not touch me). Otherwise, you may consider a cleansing or seek professional help from a reputable paranormal investigator or medium. Of course, given your age, your mom or dad would have to okay this.
hallyberrybro (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Yeah other people have seen it but its always been around me. I've moved many times and each time there is at least one little girl, always somewhat resembling me. They only start making themselves known again when stressful situations happen in my life. When we moved into my current house that's when John appeared. When my mom talked to the lady she said he was Native American or from a Native american descent... My house and the houses surrounding it was built on a Native American burial ground, or so its said.
Some creepy things have been happening again lately not all just noises. I noticed a scratch on the leg, three actually. This isn't the first time I have seen them on me. I know its not my cat or my dogs because when my dogs scratch the just leave a red mark and it started happening before I got my cat. I just don't know what to think.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Yes you are in reality it's people who are haunted not places. The fact that you remind the guy of his daughter proves it's not the house he's attached to. But since nothing harmful has happened I'd not worry about it
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
hallyberrybro:

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
You titled the story "I'm Haunted" but in the story you aren't the only person experiencing these events.
It seems like everyone are or have experienced something in your home. I don't believe you are haunted, but what I do believe is that you may have some transit or what is called wandering ghosts who just pop in every once in a while and get a kick out of stirring the pot so to speak and like the reaction that they are getting. It just doesn't sound like there is something in there with you and your family at all times. Sounds like it comes and goes.

Thank you!
thesimoneau6 (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
I think its just the house. Don't think that they are harmful. I think they just didn't want to leave their property. If they haven't harmed you Yet, odds are they won't.
Be careful
ChengSifu (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Reminds me of my mom childhood experience. She used to stay in this Chinese caretaker's temple where they place the deceased tablets for the descendants to visit and pray to them. She was about 10 that time, when one night when everybody was away, she and her 2 sisters were watching TV, she heard a man's voice scolding "F..., the movie, isn't nice". The 3 sisters turned back, and they saw 3 pale man figures were standing at their back watching movie together with them. Of course, they screamed and ran into the bedroom to hide themselves that night.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Berry bro,
I think they are not harmful, need not to worry about it.
They might liking to leave in your residence with your family.
Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: