You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: A Late Night With A Shining Orb

Real Ghost Stories

A Late Night With A Shining Orb

 

I live in a very small town in Montana called Elliston. The town was originally formed as a mining community, so needless to say there was a lot of crime and most likely, deaths that occured in the area. My friend Garrett and I were in our community gym one night, shooting hoops and having a good time. He and I got on the subject of scary stories and how unbelievably haunted our town must be between the mining times and the rough characters that resided here in the past. We couldn't imagine there wasn't at least one ghost in our town. So we decided right then and there was a perfect time to try and find out.

My buddy and I turned off all of the lights in the gym, and sat on the stage where the local school plays were preformed. He and I sat in the dark, listening, trying to tell the difference between possible paranormal sounds and those that old buildings make. We sat and sat and sat, hearing creaks on the wood floor that sounded slightly heavier than those an old building would make. Soon, the creaks seemed to be being made in a direct line from one end of the gym straight towards us.

Still not positive that we were hearing anything out of the normal we continued to sit quietly. After several loud creaks, I thought I started seeing a light coming out of the girls locker room on the opposite end of the gym from us. I didn't know if Garrett had seen it as well but not wanting to stir the quiet air I remained silent. Soon I thought surely, this is Garrett using the laser light, I know he has, to mess with me by changing the color and beam size. I asked him if his laser could change colors and he told me no but wondered why I asked. I told him what I saw and that if we sat quietly again it might reappear.

He and I sat for about ten more minutes and soon we both saw an orb of dim yellow light, slightly bigger than a golf ball. It would move quickly back and forth over the floor and wall on the north side of the gym, and go back to the locker room. Then, it came back out and started making slow progress down the east wall towards us before going back to the locker room again. This continued for another five minutes before it made its way into the middle of the floor 15 feet in front of us.

After this it shot straight back to the locker room, came back out and moved quickly along the north and east walls and stopped on the stage right at our feet. It brightened up and quickly moved back and forth within a six inch parameter for a few seconds and shot right back into the girls locker room, and did not come back out again.

Normally I would say the light was an object in the gym reflecting the moon light or something like that. But Garrett and I searched every where in the gym and could not find anything yellow that would be reflective. Not to mention the way the light behaved. It wasn't like a reflective light with the same pattern, it was random and changing. Was it a ghostly orb of light? I can't say for sure but the way it seemed and how it made me feel made it seem very real and made me a believer. Especially since this is only one of my experiences in the same place.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zeus21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hack-Generation (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-16)
I think that orb was curious and trying to see what you guys were doing and watching you just like you were watching it 😆 your story caused me to think of a cute little orb bouncing around.
Bamftastic (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
what a neat experience! Seems like the orb was checking you guys out as much as you were checking it out! 😊
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I have also had experiences with orbs or light, except mine were on a gravel road and there were 2 (one blue and one red) and the sizes of tennis balls and too this day I have no idea what it was. Good story though

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: