You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Goings On

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Goings On

 

I live in a Victorian house which is over 100 years old and some strange things have happened in mine and my sisters rooms.

When I was younger I sometimes used to sleep in my sister's room. I slept on the floor next to her bed when one night there was a huge thud on the floor right next to my head but under the bed as though someone had punched the floor really hard. I was so scared so I had to go in my sisters bed. We looked around the room the next morning to check if something heavy had just fell on the floor but there was nothing. Another strange thing happened in her room too when I was sleeping in there. My mum left for work at 4am and came to give us a kiss before she went, but she couldn't get in the room she said it was locked from the inside. A few hours later at about 7am my dad came in the room to get us up for school and the door opened fine, so somehow it had locked and unlocked itself.

Less dramatic things happened in my room but were still weird. Three black dots formed in the shape of a triangle appeared on the floor at the side of my bed. We never knew where they came from but they have gone now. Also I had a valentines card from my then boyfriend on my bedside table which was next to my phone with an unread text from him on it. When I next came into my room the text was read and the valentines card was upside-down but nobody had been upstairs.

That was a few years ago but now at night my boyfriend says he can sometimes see shadows moving on the landing from the light which shines under my bedroom door.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charlottee33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charlottee33 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
They wouldn't wipe off I don't think, the black was kind of like soot on the carpet. Yes it was loud and right next to my head on the floor. Thanks for commenting:)
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
This is very strange. Did you try and wipe off those 3 dots, or was it carved/burnt into the floor? I wonder where the thud came from. It had to be very loud to scare you. Thank you for sharing though.

JS aka Brandon 😊
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Could be a residual haunting, the thing with the shadows on the landing, just spirits moving but the triangle and the card, text, door locks could all be examples of hauntings where the spirits is manipulating you or just checking on you, like, maybe it doesn't like your mother coming to see you or it might have read the text and checked the card to watch over you. It could be malicious but either way, I agree with Qua about the history. Cool ghosts though! 😆
Qua (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
TRy checking out the history of the house. The happenings now could be linked to the past.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: