You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Stair Case

Real Ghost Stories

The Stair Case

 

One cold Sunday afternoon, in March, 3 years ago, me and a couple of friends were all sitting in Marc's living room. We were talking and things got to the point where we were all freaking each other out with ghost stories and what not. We decided we were going to play with Marc's ouija board.

So were all sitting in a circle on the ground around the board and all had our hands above the shot glass to avoid any suspicion that one of us is moving the glass for a good laugh. I started the game by asking "Is there anyone here with us in the house?". Nothing hapenned. I asked a couple of times before the glass slid across the board, unto the word "hello". So we were already scared but decided to continue anyways.

Marc asked "Whats your name?" It wouldn't work. So I told Marc to ask a different question. He then asked "Are you dead?" and the cursor moved to yes. My friend Sarah then asked "Do you want to hurt us?" and the entity moved the cursor to "no". But without asking any further question the glass slid across the board to spell out R-I-C-H-A-R-D. For all of us it made no sense because none of us were named Richard. We were all going to ask if it was his name, but Marc said "guys I think we should stop playing now". The glass then went on "no". We were terrified. And asked Marc why he wanted to stop playing. He said Richard is my grand father's name.

Marc always lived with his grand father, at the momment he was visiting Marc's aunt. But Marc was always worrying for him as he was very ill. So we all decided to investigate some more to see what he had to say about Marc's grand father. So my friend Samuel said "You want to hurt Richard?" and the glass moved to "yes". He then asked "why?" and the glass spelled out "S-T-A-I-R-S". We didn't understand and tried to talk with the presence some more but from that momment on he stopped communicating. So we all shrugged it off but we were all very scared.

We all went back home and Marc was pretty scared so he brought me home and ended up staying too. So far everything was normal. A week passed and we had all forgotten about our little experience.

Until one afternoon, Marc called me to tell me his grand father was in the hospital, he had fallen down the stair case going down to the basement. And was in pretty bad condition. I rushed to the hospital. When I got there, Marc explained to me what his grand father told him when he was awake, it chilled me to the bone; He went down to the basement at first because he kept hearing loud noises and what sounded like a voice coming from downstairs. But when he put his foot on the first step he felt someone's hands pushing his back and that's what's made him fall down the stairs. He was pushed.

And because of that, Richard will never be able to use his legs again. Marc threw away the ouija board that day.

Other hauntings by GabrielladeLioncourt

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GabrielladeLioncourt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
! SCARY!
I am to scared to use a ouija board!
I'm also scared of spirits.
Sorry about Richards legs 😢

❤ Starshipz
hardsalamibear (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
[at] Qua I think it didn't cure him but I do think the ghost did it because they asked if he/she wanted to hurt him and it slid to yes I think your prediction is good as is good as all the rest cause non of us know GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU (sorry about his legs) ❤
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
[at] rookdygin

Your probably right. Marc threw away his, and mine was thrown away awhile ago actually many years ago.
Im not counting on using a ouija board anytime soon!

[at] dragonstorm80

Yes Lestat's mother's name is Gabrielle. But my name is Gabriella, so I changed it up a little because I love lestat and Ann Rice's books.😉
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
GabriellaDeLionCourt ~ I thought Lestats mothers name was Gabrielle? Any hoo I too am concerned with the fact you keep saying you "played" or "play" with the ouija board, this is a serious divination tool that can have some very negative results when the proper research has not been read and followed.

I hope things get better for Marc and his house.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
GabrielladeLioncourt,

Thank you for the answers. Things are making more sense now.

Perhaps I should be more clear when I say touch... One hand... One Finger... Lightly making contact with the planchette (pointer). This is for 3 or more people... If only two are using the board it's fingertips touching the 'pointer' very lightly... Light enough you can tell if everyone's finger is just 'tracking' the movement of the 'pointer' or if someone is pushing it. The contact 'completes a circuit' of energy that the 'spirit' uses to move the 'pointer'.

I however do not 'play with these boards'. Nor Do I use them in an attempt to scare myself or others... That is just disrespectful to the 'spirits' and that may be why your 'encounters' with 'spirits' through the board have come to 'bad' outcomes.

Please do some research... Ask questions here for starters (or e-mail me via my addie on my profile) as it's fairly easy to protect yourself and others and have a 'good' results using one of these 'talking boards'.

Respectfully,

Rook
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
[at] rookdygin

The board was bought in a used values store, it didn't come with the accessories a normal store bought board would have because it had already been used in the past, the person before had probably lost the pointer. So we had to use a shot glass, like a homemade board.

Marc had played before, but not seriously, more for laughs and nothing seriously had ever hapenned before. A few of us including me had played before. But nothing like this had ever hapenned.

That is odd, that you touch the pointer, for me, because here, its like a rule to never touch the pointer, just keep your fingers hovering over it. We never don't touch it, to like I said, avoid thinking someone else is moving it. Isn't it scarier knowing that its moving really on its own? I think it is. It rids yourself of any rational explanation as to why the glass is moving when no one is touching it.

Every time I played with a ouija board, we never touched the pointer!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
GabrielladeLioncourt,

I have both good and bad experiences with Ouija Boards and I have to ask a couple of questions concerning this 'experience'...

Was this a store bought board? If so why were you using a shot glass as a planchette? (pointer)

If a homemade board who in the group there that night had any experience actually USING a Ouija Board... Notice I didn't say who there had 'played' with one before...

I ask one more...

You stated this... "So were all sitting in a circle on the ground around the board and all had our hands above the shot glass to avoid any suspicion that one of us is moving the glass for a good laugh."

If I understand this statement correctly you mean no one was actually touching the glass? If so then this is the first ever 'experience' I have ever heard of and this includes many, many sessions with Friends. Where no one touched the 'planchette' (pointer) and something happened. Could you please clarify this point?

Respectfully,

Rook
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I'm sorry to hear about Richard. I actually fell down the basement stairs an hour ago. I just sliced my middle finger open, trying to grab on the rail. I'm glad he threw that board away though. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Hi gabreill,
I think he was warning you about the incident going to happen. I think he is not one who pushed your grand father. Because he said he is not harmful.
"SPIRITS DONT LIE" (once said by my grand mother)
By the way silly question asked by your friend marc"are you dead" how can a spirit came to you without dying.
thesimoneau6 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I have actually seen this in another story. It was a guy from Australia. He was in love with a girl named Katy and He didn't know it until this experience. He was playing with a Ouija Board too and it said her name (katy) and It said, S.H.E.D.I.E.S. She ended up in the hospital with a burst apendix, which almost resolved in death. This is kind of the same thing but I would deffinately get rid of it. But not Burn it. That is just bad to do and will do more harm than help. Well I would just stay away from any type of thing that you can use to communicate with it and get the house checked out because this entity could cause a lot of damage to you and/or your loved ones. Get a Psychic/Medium, to go to their house and check it out and see if you could rid of it. Best of luck to Marc and his Grandfather. Sorry to hear about his legs 😢
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Wow that's not cool at all. I'd have thrown that thing away too.:- (Sorry to hear about Richard's legs.
Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
The ouija board could have predicted Richard's fall but not actually cursing him. Some naughty spirits must have been the one who pushed him down. It is quite common that spirits do that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: