You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Couldn't Control Myself

Real Ghost Stories

I Couldn't Control Myself

 

This happened autumn last year. I was walking through my local graveyard. About half way through I felt like my stomach tightened and I got a throbbing headache. By now I had come to a stop and my vision blurred. I got a massive wave of nausea which made me double over and close my eyes. I thought I was going to faint but instead the nausea and headache went away. So I got back up and started to walk on.

Without realising I had taken a right angle turn started to head to the back of the graveyard, where all the old gravestones were. I tried to stop but my feet kept on walking, I couldn't control my body. I even tried grabbing hold of a gravestone next to me but I couldn't force my arm up.

Finally I knelt down in front of an old gravestone whose writing had worn off. By now I was feeling very scared so when I felt cold hands on the back of my neck pushing me forward I started to cry. It started to push me further and harder, forcing my face closer to the ground. I was pushing against this force so hard, trying to take advantage.

All the pressure suddenly left and my body flew backwards. Half screaming, half crying I staggered to my feet. I was shaking from the shock and sheer terror I felt.

Everything seemed to go silent when I felt a breath on my neck and then the word "run" whispered in my ear. I screamed and then sprinted home. I didn't tell my parents, I didn't think they would believe me. But now, whenever I go through that graveyard I feel like I'm being watched by someone.

Other hauntings by CammiAlice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CammiAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Thanks Lou,
So far you are the only one to catch that!

Jav 😉

50505050
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Thanks Rook 😊 😊 ❤
I've been busy busy...

50 characters 50 characters 50 characters
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Holy, S--t Jav. That was funny. Gotta run, Mizmimi's harem tryouts start in an hour!;)

Lou
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
ngute,

Welcome back, it's been what about a month? Anyway...

Dragonstorm,

You asked this...

"I mean did you really expect a peaceful stroll through a grave yard?"

Actually I do... I find cemeteries great places for quite, peaceful reflection at anytime of the day or night.

I do not feel there is anything to hold a spirit in a graveyard... Granted I've had an experience or two in or around a graveyard, but in my case I feel the spirit (s) had shown up, not because they were 'attached' to the 'grave' but because of the 'kindness' I showed due to some idiots that had pissed on the graves... (see my experience Images in the Mist).

There is always a possibility that a spirit has attached itself to some object, and perhaps that object was buried with an individual... In that case, based on the attachment to the object, a spirit or two may 'roam' in any given cemetery. Just my opinion though.

As far as this particular 'story' goes... I feel it's just that, a 'story'.

Respectfully,

Rook
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
I totally agree with BrokenTree and Jav. These "cemetery" stories are getting old. And its usually teenagers that submit these exaggerated, made up, attention seeking stories. If this story is true then I sincerely apologize.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
I don't know I mean walking through a grave yard is pretty much just tempting fate in any case!

I mean did you really expect a peaceful stroll through a grave yard?

Meh! Not sure about the validity of this one either
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
I agree with Javelina... This doesn't make much sense and is kind of hard to believe. Why would you go back if that happened to you?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I'm with Broken Tree and MizMiMi.
I really don't get why people have to glam it up when they write this tripe.
MizMiMi made a stunning observation. Why would you go back through that place after being accosted by an unseen perpetrator? That makes absolutely no sense.
AND... Just what was this entity after with pushing you downward anyway, huh? I'm sorry, but this is too much to swallow. (which is what you should have said at the time) 😆

Don't you go taking any wooden nickels now, you hear?

Jav 😆
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I experience things in graveyards, but in a different way. I agree with stephyw2001, in that the voice telling you to run was a good one, possible holding off the evil and allowing you to escape unharmed. I do have one question though...
You said, and I quote "Half screaming, half crying I staggered to my feet. I was shaking from the shock and sheer terror I felt."

"I screamed and then sprinted home. I didn't tell my parents, I didn't think they would believe me. But now, whenever I go through that graveyard I feel like I'm being watched by someone."

If the terror was so shocking, why do you continue to walk through the graveyard? You couldn't drag me there with a promise of a million dollars, a size 2 waist, and a harem of hot men. Lol I'm only asking because I'm wondering if you are looking for whatever it might have been. If so, my suggestion is don't. Just let it go and leave it be, it has show it's true nature and frankly I wouldn't want to mess with it. JMTC
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I'm so sorry that you had to go though that. It must not have been fun to go though that. But I have a quick question for you. Why were you walking though the graveyard in the first place? Was it a shortcut to your designation?

My suggestion: if you feel up to it, why don't you investigate and find out to is buried there and why you were brought there. If you don't feel like doing this on your own, bring a family member or a friend as a backup.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+10
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I am a retired archaeologist and I have dug up ALOT of people from different cultures. I have relocated cemeteries from the very old and abandoned to the large, maintained newer ones. I have taken pictures with my personal camera and the site camera. I have used recorders to take notes when the weather did not permit note taking on paper. I usually worked from sunup until it was too dark to see. I have never, ever seen anything unusual in a cemetery. I have never been touched or spoken to by anything unseen (well, maybe once I was touched but am unsure if it was paranormal). There is nothing on my recorder but my voice. The only time I was frightened in a cemetery was when a sheriff's deputy came roaring onto the site. All my instincts said RUN! I don't know why since I am usually law abiding. He just wanted to tell me he would keep watch over the area when we weren't there.
I'm not saying that I don't believe you. I just find it so interesting that so many people have something happen all the time in a cemetery or a patch of spooky woods. All my paranormal experiences have been in houses. I am feeling a little left out.
Also to all who have ever said that they hear a baby crying in a cemetery where none is buried. The next time you view "John Smith's" headstone, just think that a child could be buried on top of him. I have found many burials of what is called a "spontaneous abortion" on top of someone else with no headstone. The SA generally occurs at 6 months gestation. The fetus looks human so you can't pitch it on the brush pile and burn it. To save space they were placed within a relative's grave. There is no headstone for them because they have no name and are not baptized. Finding an outline of a tiny coffin with tiny nails is all that remains depending on soil acidity.
I'll go cry in my corner now since I don't have such interesting stories to tell of cemetery adventures. Lucky dogs!
thesimoneau6 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I think that a spirit that was not settled was forcing you to his grave site. He could have been evil but I am pretty sure that it must have been an angel that or any other non negative power that held him down and told you to run away. I would make it a priority to not go near that graveyard again.
Lizbeth (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
What the hell can possibly do that? I hope it won't happen to you again.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Hi cammialise,
I think when that evil power draging you somewhere, an angel or other positive power liberated you from that and said you to run away from their.

Dont go to graveyards again in late hours.
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Maybe it was the spirit from the grave that you were led to. Maybe they were lonely and wanted company but no one came so they enforced it? I think stephy is right with the 'good spirit' thing. Freaky though!
hurtlove (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
maybe too sprits where with you one good and one evil. The goood probley want to help you by ripping the bad one off take picutre of where they grave is and look close for ords
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Wow, that is creepy. Have you considered if the "run" whisper wasn't the same thing that dragged you there, but perhaps a "good" spirit helping you out? Just a thought. Seems weird that something would drag you in push you around then tell you to run later. You said the writing was worn off the headstone, so is there no way to find out whos grave that was?
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
That sounds terrifying! Were you hurt? I hope your ok now, I think you should tell your parents, but there are a lot of people on this sight who will be able to help and provide some helpful words 😁 I hope your feeling better ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: