You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Man In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man In My Home

 

For a few months, since late April, everything was pretty quiet in my house, nothing out of the ordinary happened. That was what was creepy, nothing happened. But after a little while a "shadow man" began to show up. If you search it on Google you will find pictures of black silhouette men in trench coats and an akubra hat. I mostly see him downstairs but lately he's been appearing upstairs. He always looks like he's about to draw a gun (like in the old western frontier movies in a cowboy face off).

My first experience was when I was cooking on my own in the house because I had just gotten in from school and I hadn't eaten anything in the whole day. I turned around to walk to the fridge when out of the corner of my eye, through the crack of the dining room door, I saw a black figure just stand there. I walked closer and as soon as I blinked it was gone. The bottom of his coat was sort of wafting in a slight breeze. I finished up what I was doing and went to the living room.

A few days later I saw the same figure when I was moving some of my old books to the attic. I was sat in the living room sorting through the box when I looked up and I swear I heard a whispery voice say "follow me." I went to the front door, because it was open, and looked down the hall into the kitchen and saw the same man! I was a freaked out so I rushed back to the living room and busied myself with the books.

I have seen him in the (big) living room mirror in the doorway. I have seen him a few times in the same circumstances as in the kitchen. The weirdest one was when I was walking up the stairs and through the crack in the dining room door and I heard (in the same whispery voice) "miss the next step." So I absent-mindedly did. I looked back and where I was going to put my foot there was one of my stud earrings, with the long spike bit facing upwards. If I had stood there it would've gone into my heel and I know from past experience that hurts!

My most recent was that (today) I was trying on different clothes because I was going through my wardrobe and I turned to my get a different shirt and I swear my drawers were shut but when I turned back around all the drawers were opened and the stuff that was in them was on the floor in front of them.

Any help on this would be appreciated. By the way I tried the shielding method again but it did nothing.

Other hauntings by WeirdnFreaky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WeirdnFreaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hunni4898 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
You say you saw him in a mirror have you tried covering the mirror, Mirrors are a portal for ghosts to get through but that may also block out the whispering one which seems friendly and trying to help ❤
hardsalamibear (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
i agree with slenderman because if he wanted to hurt you he could have been "step up." I think next time you see him just say thank you! He could be a late relative who loved you much! ❤
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
I would say there is a BIG chance he is actually helping you. From what you have said he hasn't done anything to harm you. He's saved your foot 😆 and helped you go through your clothes.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
When was the last time you had this experience? Have you seen him more frequently then when it first started?
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
mrfear,
No, I live with family

Rook,
My friend usually hangs around after school a bit until the bus arrives. Yes, one of my friend's parents are splitting up and they're quite upset about it. Yes, it was your shielding method

Ritwik,
I never carry my camera around with me usually

Thank you for your comments
Marmar (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I'm pretty sure it's a positive ghost because when he said miss the next step, you would've got hurt from the earrings but the ghost warned you. So I wouldn't be worried at all!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I agree with Rook on this one. If the shield didn't work than it means that the spirit is a good one or someone had brought in something negative.
ritwik (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
i agree with mrfearindia you should try to communicate with him. You can use something like an EVP. Can you take his pic?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
WeirdnFreaky,

You stated this...

"Any help on this would be appreciated. By the way I tried the shielding method again but it did nothing."

Was that my Shielding Method? If so then there is a chance that this 'Shadow Man' in not a Negative or Malevolent Spirit / Entity. But please ask yourself this... What does the atmosphere in your home feel like... Is it dark and depressed? Gloomy? Negative and Scary? Or is it Up beat, do people like coming over? Are people Happy I your home? The answer to these questions can help you determine if the Cleansing and Shielding worked. You must also 'check' things like... Have you noticed that your friends, or other people with 'negative' things happening in their lives have issues finding your home... They say things like..."I don't know what I was thinking about I drive right by your house... Or maybe something like..."Did you paint your home? I didn't recognize it at first." Statements like these can demonstrate the 'Shield' is working.

Thanks for sharing, please keep us updated and ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Hi weirdn,
I think he is trying to say something, or trying to show you something or revealing his identity. He had not harmed you. Not a bad shadow man.
Do you only one live in the house?
You are very brave. Iam not even 30percent of you.
Try to rly when it says something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: