You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Snoring Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Snoring Ghost

 

I have had so many ghostly encounters I just don't know which one to share or where to begin. I have lived in a haunted house all my life and it definitely feels so weird not to be in one anymore. I have had the best and worst experiences I could have ever imagined, from angry door knocking to whispers to actual sightings. It's been crazy and at times I questioned my own sanity. I have been trying to get information on the place where I grew up, particularly on the plot my house was built on but to no luck. My grandfather said it had been some sort of burial ground or religious place for rituals.

Anyway, I had just hit 30, my mom had passed on a few months before my 30th and I was quite edgy. I could sense unrest around me. I have not been able to sleep in the dark ever since I can remember (I still don't sleep in the dark). Everything had been going fine until one night I just couldn't get sleep. I tossed and turned in bed and I was very restless. When I finally did get sleep I felt the other side of the bed go down as though someone had sat on that side. I did not turn around. I would sleep with my back to the window because it would freak me out if I looked at it. Anyway, I passed it off as my imagination. I closed my eyes and tried to drift to sleep and finally I was rewarded with slumber. Just as I managed to get sleep I could hear someone snoring right near my head. I turned and I saw a dent on the pillow next to me. I freaked out. I laid on back and I started muttering some sort of prayers but it went on the entire night and only stopped at the break of dawn.

One night, my room was dimly lit and I was woken by a feeling that someone was staring at me. I looked around me and in an even dimmer corner I saw a figure of a man dressed in World War 2 type of shorts and vest. My mom would call them Quaker shorts (which made NO sense to me AT ALL). The figure was a man who looked like he was in his early to mid 20's. He stared at me as though I was the apparition. I jumped out of bed and ran down the corridor to the room where my brother and dad slept and I slept there for the rest of the night.

The snoring and sleeping on my bed continued for weeks and I had NO idea what was required of me to do. I was really freaked out, I thought I was losing my mind. I didn't know if I needed a shrink or an exorcist. Then I remembered that one of my parents' friends had a similar experience and she had told me to keep repeating, "I mean you no harm, you are safe. Please go towards the light you will be happy there!" He kept coming back for the next few nights and I kept repeating the phrase. Then suddenly, as suddenly as he appeared, he was gone. I never saw or heard him again.

To me it felt as though he had been dumped by his lover who MIGHT HAVE resembled me and he had returned to take what was his. I felt he had committed suicide because of his broken heart and lost love. He looked like a poor fisherman by his built and physique.

He did not look evil but I didn't want to find out if he was. I tried to do research on him but I could never get proper information on what the area was before it was colonized. I hope that someday I can find out who he is and give him closure.

Other hauntings by Charmsdes

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charmsdes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
Hi all, Once again I apologize for the super late response. I don't even know if you're going to read this. I'm going to reply to all of you one by one so this post will be long.

[at] Koolruud, I must admit it was scary. It went on for weeks. I knew my home was haunted. It's just that no one believed me to help out. I had to follow my sixth sense. I literally lived the nightmare.

[at] Siskakes, I got a lot of anger from the presence. An overwhelming amount of anger as though he was blaming me for something I did or I didn't do. We did have some amount of telepathic communication. Most times he would say I belong to him and no one else and he will keep me with him at any cost.

[at] Joshuakeys, thank you for reading my story mate.

[at] Dragonstorm80, all I can say is I am happy to be completely free from the paranormal right now. I do have an occasional experience but none of them this hellish. I forgot to add that one night I DID turn to where the snoring was coming from and I saw a dent on the pillow next to me... As though someone's head was on it. I freaked. I was really scared.

[at] Mrfear, I said I felt he had been dumped by a lover because that was the impression he gave me. The anger I felt coming from the presence. I can't explain. He would communicate with me telepathically. He made me feel like he was broken hearted. His death was suicide. He would appear in my dreams too. I felt as though I knew him on some level or another.

[at] Seeker1, I do believe in reincarnation. I do believe I knew him at some point. I do know I committed suicide three times in my past lives. I got very vivid dreams about those incidents. I managed to find three places. All coincided with the dreams. I knew exactly where I was heading, I knew my way around. I knew the areas. In this life I am very attracted to forts, castles, wells, seas and beaches (I'm an exceptionally good swimmer), I love the dark ages. I also know I was in a few places in Europe, I pick European languages extremely easily. I do believe this ghost I had an experience with was someone I was supposed to die with. He ended up committing suicide and I was saved. I can give you details if you like. You can mail me on angel710 at gmail dot com.
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
mrfear,
She said, "To me it felt as though he had been dumped by his lover who MIGHT HAVE resembled me and he had returned to take what was his."
These were the impressions she was getting in her gut.

Charms,
Sounds like you have a gift and you helped him pass over... Pay attention to what your gut tells you with encounters just like you did. What you told him is wonderful and he obviously needed to hear it. You helped him go into a higher realm.

Did you ever wonder if maybe he was someone you knew from a past life? (don't know if you believe in that sort of thing). Am just curious here.
Blessed be and thank you for sharing your experience. 😁
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Thats a freaky one it is obviously natural to destroy old cemetries and built other buildings in india.
Thats not at all good if you ask me.
You are glad to get rid of it though it was not harmful.
How do you get to conclusion that he is dead because of love?

Can you answer me?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
WOAH! A snoring ghost!? That is crazy! It sounds like he moved on to a better place which is wonderful to hear!

I agree with the way he looked at you he may not have realized the situation until that moment.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
charmsdes, Very spooky experience. Thank God you got rid of him. Take care & thanks for sharing

Josh
Polo (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Yeah agreed with koolrude, this experience of yours is really scary.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Maybe he didn't know he had passed on and carried on about his "usual routine". Maybe when he saw you he may have realised what happened to him and passed over... I know you said you were scared but did you feel anything from the presence itself?
koolruud (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Jeez, that sure is scary, charmsdes. I am from India too and it happens quite a lot here. Especially in the Central India side. Anyways, take care and keep reciting those words. I'm sure you'll be fine. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: