You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lights That Dim

Real Ghost Stories

Lights That Dim

 

"Lights that dim"...electrical wiring? That's a high possibility. It's very easy to debunk light bulbs that dim. However, it isn't easy to debunk the activity that comes along with it, unless you're the type of person that thinks one mouth is better than two ears (meaning it's better to listen than close your ears and shout your opinion). I'm going to share 1/4 of my experiences from my previous house between 2008 and 2010.

This house wasn't huge, but it wasn't small. It was built in the 80's. I loved the house, and it was way better than the 1 bedroom apartment we (parents and brother) left behind. I didn't start to acknowledge the activity until a couple months after the move in. I would brush my teeth and catch the light bulbs go dim... Then bright! I thought, "hm, electrical wiring." This happened in multiple rooms also. I even went to other places (school, work, family members), and the lights would do the same thing. I would start to get cold and hot spots seconds after I saw the lights go back to being bright. My ears would pop as well. It's kind of like water being in your ear. I also would feel fingers running through my hair, this happened while I was trying to go to sleep too. I knew something wasn't right about the lights, but I didn't let it freak me out. It all changed when I was in the basement this one night though.

I was facing the stereo, while playing music. It's usually 2 light bulbs on for the basement, but it was only one that night, which was directly above my head. The other one that's supposed to be on is 10 yards away to my left. There is also a laundry room beside the basement to my left, and it was completely dark in there. A light bulb would only last a couple days in that room, so we usually left it dark in there. I couldn't stand that room. I always felt uncomfortable when I walked in there for my clothes. The whole basement had an odd feeling. It was one of those "unfinished" basements. You know the type: concrete wall, floor, and some walls weren't up, just the frames. The laundry room didn't even have a door.

Well, I'm listening to music and then I see the light above me go so dim, that I thought the light bulb would explode. I ignored it, while rapping, singing the lyrics of my song, until I felt like eyes were locked on me. I glanced to my left and saw this black shadow in the doorway to the laundry room. It was about my height (6'2), and it just stood there, blocking my view of the doorframe behind it. I was more shocked than anything, so I'm looking back at it curiously. We locked eyes (well, it locked eyes, because I couldn't see this spirit's eyes) for 5 seconds, and then it simply turned to it's right and glides into the dark laundry room. I could see this entity still gliding for a couple feet into the laundry room. It was actually darker than the darkness in there. My nose started to bleed seconds after it left. I don't know why, I guess from the rush. I was thinking to myself, "Whoa, that thing was gliding. That looks so much better than walking." I carried on with my music like nothing happened, except my chair was facing to the laundry room this time. I thought, "At least I won't be blind sided again."

I thought about the lights going dim before my encounter and said, "Hm, electrical wiring? DEBUNKED!"

Thank you for your time.

JS aka Brandon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jesus_soldier, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Fergie: Thank you so much, I really appreciate it:). I will check out your new stories, and look up the other members as well. Have a goodnight!

JS aka Brandon
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
JS, You have done yourself proud! I am so happy for you.
I bet your folks are proud of you too!

As for good stories... Well start off by looking up Valkricry, then try Zack84; and I have a few new ones too, if you are interested?

A new SLIder joined up, she didn't even know she is one - she hasn't written an experience yet - her name is Wishfulnul. Look up her profile, if you wish.

Other than that, not much news. Oh yes, Rook isn't on as much, his job is jerking him around.

Happy hunting JS, this old girl is off to bed. πŸ˜‰

Hugs right back!
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Fergie:
The studies were great this semester. I got 3 A's and 1 B. I didn't mean to take such a long break. I tried to keep track of the stories while I was in school, but it became overwhelming lol.

That is strange:). I had a sudden urge to come back to my 2nd home. I missed a lot of you ladies and gents. I'll be here more often. I need to catch up with the hottest stories, maybe you can help me haha.

*big hugs!*
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Ah! JS, here you are! I didn't like posting on someone else page. I am doing great thanks bro. It is really great to see you back!

How are the studies going? I hope exteeemly well!

How strange, earlier yesterday, I had been thinking of you; wandering what had happened to you... And there you go, out of the blue, I see your name. I couldn't believe my eyes! πŸ˜†

Will you be sticking around for a while? πŸ˜‰

*Big hug*
Fergie
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Seeker,:). All is well. It's been awhile since the last time we talked. I hope your doing good also?
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
Jav: πŸ˜†, It did throw off the outfit. In these times, they would not let them wear that much clothing on the upper body. Have you seen that hardee's burger commercial with that woman in a bikini top, eating that burger in slow motion? I'm thinking to myself, "I thought this was a burger commercial". This commercial is on during the day too.

JS aka Brandon
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
JS,
Yeah, I look back at the dances in the past and there aren't a whole lot of them that don't look silly now. But boy oh boy! Were they hot back then, or what! What cracked me up were the outfits they were wearing, I just don't get the black unders... Why didn't they just wear what matched the dress? Because every time they lift their arms or jump, and let's face it they did a lot of that, those black unders were just right there! I know it's weird, but I can't help it, it bugged me. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
Jav: You were not kidding. I barely payed attention to the lyrics. Those women were beau ti ful. Those boots can walk alright, lol.

That other song was great. They played that song on the spiderman 3 movie. Your Dad was too cool. You have a great resume yourself. That's why I like to be friends with people who have lived life to the fullest. You guys give the best advice and conversations, haha.

JS aka Brandon 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
Sorry Js, but I have one more. This is from way back, my parents listened to this type of music.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGb5IweiYG8&feature=related

Jav

~My father was an amateur competition dancer and my mother had no rhythm at all. He had a dance partner and would enter competitions all over So. California. Swing, Jazz, etc. That man could dance!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
JS,
Are you sure about that? We were also hit with stuff like this.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww&feature=related

The song's still good, but once you start to watch the dancing you'll won't be able to get the smile off your face. I'm still cracking up as I type! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-28)
Jav: Lol, Those lyrics were great. I love that lady, 'Daaa DaaDaa Daaaaa's' too, haha. I wish I grew up in the late 60's, 70's, and 80's. That is were the best music is. I would love to say, 'I'm cooling jack, like a cadillac on four flats', with a huge afro, *sighs*, oh well, haha.

JS aka Brandon 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
JS,
If that song doesn't get you up and dancin', nothin' will!

"Keep talkin' bout the President won't stop air pollution,
Put your hand on yer mouth when you cough that'll help the solution"

Oh yeah, there's a lot of things you don't know about me brother...

Jav πŸ˜†
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
Jav: I love the song that you posted.

"If you don't give a heck about the man with his bible hannnnd...y'allllllll...just get out the way and let gentleman do his thinnng."

That is my stuff! I never knew you had soul sister. I see you Jav, I see you, haha 😁

JS aka Brandon
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
SnoWQueeN: Haha, 'Peeing in pants contest' πŸ˜†. That was funny, and I'm sorry for replying back so late. I need to check my stories more often, haha. I don't know where the guts came from, but i'm glad I got them. I wouldn't want to wet my pants. Thank you for reading Nikky.

JS aka Brandon 😊
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Yikes!😭 this was creepy! I mean how did you get the guts?! If it was me watching a gliding shadow seriously I could have been selected in a peeing in pants contest!

(by the way I regret reading it this late when in the back of my mind was thinking to go to the bathroom😭)

~Nikky
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Quick Update: My lights have been going crazy a lot more. It does happen often at my current house, but not this much. Every room that I enter, the lights will dim and then go bright. The lights still make that ticking sound. It reminds me of a fingernail tapping on the bulb. This activity isn't new, I just find it weird how more lights are re-acting to me in my new house, ever since i've published this story. I've been depressed the past couple days too, so that may be another reason, because I read in that link, that depression can trigger it also.

I just wanted to give an quick update. Feel free to say something, I won't bite.

JS aka Brandon 😊
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Jav: Oh ok, I got what your saying. Nothing wrong with us average SLIders though haha. I'll check out Lotus stories later. I replied back to your comment on my other story too. Just making sure you know, because I combined it with another response.

JS aka Brandon 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Js,
As far as SUPER SLIders go, I am putting PrincessLotus at the top of the list, that's my opinion anyway. Me? I am just your everyday SLIder. It's the people who can't even touch their own light switches at home, knowing that's all it takes for the bulb to blow out, who I consider SUPER SLIders. They also seem to have the most intense experiences. Read her stuff, you'll see what I mean.

Jav 😊
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Granny: Exactly, and I can't remember the last time i've seen a story about this topic also... Very cool. 😁

Morticia1: I'm really glad you enjoyed my story. I love how experiences mix up without knowing it at first, so I guess we will be calling each other weird.πŸ˜† Thank you for reading.

JS aka Brandon 😊
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
JS loved the story. It fascinates me how these things happen and I love hearing about them but hey call me weird πŸ˜†

[at] Jav loved that linked and as granny said gets people thinking. I'm absolutely certain I've heard of this happening to someone I know but for the life of me I can't think who when where or why *grumbles*
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
JS: What is really interesting about this seemingly coincidental stream of SLIder related stories is that usually when we get similar stories in a small amount of time it's because someone read it here and it jogged some memory of theirs... These stories were all in queue at around the same time... Cool 😊
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Jav: I understand what your saying. I know how, well, most of the YGS members know how it feels to be the odd ball, or black sheep. It's a wonderful feeling t o know there are other black sheep like you. I'm glad to be apart of YGS. I wouldn't ever know that I was SLIder, if it wasn't for my story and you. I'm sorry for getting emotional lol. I just love yall and this website, it's awesome.

JS aka Brandon 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
JS,
I know I've mentioned this before, but I have to repeat it. When I found out that there were people out there like me, I was so relieved. THEN when I discovered there was actually a name for it? I was so happy! That was a real moment for me. It blows you backward almost, you know? All the years of NOT bringing it up in a conversation fell away. I didn't care if someone thought I was nuts after that. This thing had a NAME!
Maybe that sounds weird to some people, but it was a huge weight off my back after that.

Jav 😁
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
DragonStorm80: No, I moved last summer. I haven't seen him since. I had some other spirits follow me from that house though. I will talk about them in my other stories. It really is interesting how these SLIder experiences came into play this week. Thank you for reading.

JS aka Brandon 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
There's been a few SLI stories lately it's been quite interesting to read up on this topic, And has the shadow dude thingie been a nuisance since then or you don't live there any more?
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
princessLotus: I believe it as well. I always say, "everything happens for a reason". I'm with you, 😁

JS aka Brandon 😊
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Everything is relative. That's what I believe anyway. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here you believe that.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Fergie: It really did shock me, how Seeker1 put that together without me saying anything about it. Pretty weird huh?

JS aka Brandon 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
JS and Seeker, this is going to sound really weird.
I saw Seeker's mention of a NDE... I thought to myself, "What is Seeker on about? JS never mentioned a NDE!" I was going to comment about that. As I reached for my key-board, a thought stopped me..."What if Seeker knows something, something that I don't!"...So, I waited for your reply, JS.
Well, we all have the answer now, don't we?
πŸ˜•
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Whoa, I'm an empath too. I just had this talk with Miracles last week. Thanks for the feedback. 😁

JS aka Brandon 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: