You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Held Down In Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Held Down In Sleep

 

Today I had to wake up early for something and break away from my daily summer sleeping schedule, which includes sleeping in the AM and waking up in the PM and had to switch that around. Woke up at about 7 almost 8, did what I had to do. I have a gym appointment at 3:30 and was feeling tired so I decided to take a nap around 1.

I'm somewhat a believer in the paranormal but I have my other thoughts about it. But while I was sleeping, I was half asleep half awake so to speak, a state that comes pretty frequently in my slumber but it either turns one way or the other depending on how tired I am and there's no struggle or anxiety. It was only a nap and I had already had about 6 hours of sleep the night before so I was ready to wake up and my mind went to its normal state but I just couldn't get my body to budge. I was convinced that somebody was actually on top of me, messing with me while I was asleep. I began doubting me even being awake or not having all these second thoughts on what was happening but I came to figure out that I was awake and I can't get up because someone is holding me down. It wasn't an aggressive hold down but it just as somebody really freaking heavy was laying top of me. The weird thing is I felt if my hands were being held, and could almost feel the texture of the hands. They were dry and cracked and big hands and I could sorta make a picture in my mind of who was holding me down and how and what they were doing.

After all this I panicked but also curious to see who was holding me down while I was awake. I fought and fought trying to get up and tell them to get off of me but I could only feel my body parts in a tremor. My lips too trying to make the words "get off of me" and all I could hear myself put out was little murmurs and I finally woke up and yelled, "Get the f*ck off of me!" It felt like the whole mood changed in the room and felt weird sensations.

The thing I thought to be holding me down had a really other worldly vibe to it. It was all just a really strange. It might've been sleep paralysis, but I'm just really superstitious about what I felt. Someone committed suicide in my house in the 60's out in the backyard I learned. I live in a really old neighborhood in Long Beach, California next to the historical Rancho Los Cerritos site. I've heard there's been a lot of activity there and can't really pinpoint any experiences there because it's been so long.

I've had other strange experiences here mostly based on feelings. Feelings of getting watched and followed, quite uncomfortable. My sister also has had some creepy experiences here after using a Ouija board with a friend. Voices and movements of objects and such. Cat fights every night. Strange stuff. Just thought I'd share this experience with all of you and maybe you can help me determine if this was sleep paralysis or a paranormal experience.

Be free to share your stories with me too. I'll be reading them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Edb515, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Edb515 - when I read your story, my thought was the same as BadJuuJuu's. It does sound as if you experienced sleep paralysis. I don't think the murder in the 60's has anything to do with what is going on.

Also, cats fight. Especially when a female cat is in heat. It just happens. As for the other things, I recommend keeping a journal (records) of these things and see if you can determine whether or not they can be attributed to anything that is "normal."
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
This really does sound like sleep paralysis, especially since you mention an aberration in your normal sleep schedule. EMF sensitivity can cause feelings of being watched, so that may be a possible explanation for the feelings of being watched/followed. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Hello

I have only been on this site for a short while now, but I have heard some things about sleep paralysis. Could it have been that? You mention that someone died in the 60s so I am not sure if it is sleep paraylsis. You should ask some of the more educated people on here for advice, like Rook or Javelina... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: