You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Cat

 

When I was young, I had a pet cat; His name was Olly. We had him for a few months, and I was very attached to him by then, he would sleep at the end of my bed, or even sometimes at my pillow. Then one morning, he wasn't there, I went to find him, I wasn't worried, he sometimes was gone from my room in the mornings. Mum said to come outside, and she led me to something on the side of the road. There was something bundled up on the side of the road in a blanket. I asked what it was; Dad answered Olly, he unwrapped it and showed me, the poor thing had been run over. I ran back to my room and I was crying for a while, and I spent the rest of the day in my room.

That night, I woke up to go to the bathroom, which was on the other side of the house, walking out of my room, I noticed something transparent, I went to look, and it darted behind the couch, I ran back to my room and covered myself with a blanket, to scared to go to the bathroom, I just fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I went to see if there was anything behind the couch, and as I expected, there wasn't anything. Well, that day, we buried Olly in the front yard. When I went to sleep that night, I could feel something on my bed, I looked over it, and there was a small depression on the sheet; about the size of a cat.

I know that I was visited by my deceased cat, what else could it have been?

I would like to see other peoples views, I know it was real, I know it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_End_Of_Days, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
Sorry for your lost... 😢 Your cat must be most attached with you so he was came to say you final goodbye. Regards. ❤
Mejiko (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
My Cat is my Familier. He's actually visted me far from home while still alive. As he is not almost 16yrs old. And doesn't look old and ragged. He still looks as new as he always has. But I know that he protects me and my home from malicious spirits. But my friend and I were at the park metatating as we always do and discussing things a spiritual matter. I'd been kicked out of my home for about a year at this point. He and I were as I said. And it was after hours at the park so it was very dark out, but the areodecsense from the restrooms and street lights was of course in contrast with the darkness... And to my surprise... I see standing in the areodecsense I see what looks like a russian blue cat (which is what my cat is). What was so strange is that ALL nocturnal animals have that bright glare to there eyes at any point that light is hitting them despite being in darkness. But where his eyes were was pitch black, but in the same instance that he resembled a russian blue... He looked to be of stone. And he started at us. My friend and eye being so high in meditation and discussion... I told him "hey, Look! Do you see that cat?" Also at this point before I told him to look I'd previously turned my head away and look behind me and everywhere and it was still there. Anthony, then leaned in front of me and for some reason I just didn't feel the need to continue looking from around him... And says," Woooow, Thats trippy" and he leans from view and it was gone! O.O I said where did it go? There was enough light and open area in the darkness to at least to see him traveling for a quit a distance... And he was no where to be seen. I asked Ant, where did he walk away to... And he'd said... He just disappeared into the darkness...O.O...I was so jealous... I wanted to see, but I just honestly felt compelled to not move as I'd see all I need is how I felt.
AngelofDarkness (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Awww,Im so sorry for your lost! I'm sure Olly is in a better place now I lost 2 cats when I was younger one got drown in a drain by a heavy rain and I think the other one ran away or died and we never saw them again! 😭
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Thats so sad I'm so sorry for your pet kitty, I love cats but my mom is allergic so instead I have dogs. My lil girl Kisa always senses when I'm afraid and sleeps with me at night. I'm sensitive to spirits so I get afraid sometimes in my room. Kisa is always there for me and is my little protector. Its always nice knowing pets are loyal even after death 😁 God bless, Katherine.
fernowky (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
thats a little creepy but nice but still I would be kind of scared to be visited by a ghost cat
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
that was a nice story, apart from the 'young child being shown ran over loved cat' part, but yes does sound like Olly was saying goodbye, and doing what he always did
FallenAngel0392 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
That is a really sweet story. My cat of 6 years was my best friend aswell. Sometimes at night when I'm upset or can't get to sleep I can feel a bit of a depression at the end of my bed and I can sometimes hear a noise like that of a purring cat along with it. Just remember, nothing you love is ever really lost. If you keep Olly alive and fresh in your memory and you remember all the good times you shared the gaping hole (if you have one) won't hurt as much. 😊
❤ FallenAngel
PurpleSharpie98795 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
It was probably your cat saying. "Hi. I'm fine. I am leaving now. See you in heaven. I love you."
prinsessnight (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
It's nice that your cat's spirit came to you and curled up at the end of your bed. You should look at my storie Emily's Ghost Cat.It's about my freind Emily seeing her cat Gismo in her fire place because he's dead but before he died he would lay by the fireplace witch was beautifal. Any way your storie was great I'm puting it in my favorites.😁
Believer (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
You are all so lucky! I wish my cat would visit me, just one last time... I miss her so much
na32ru (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
hi I be leave you as I had a cat called fuzz buzz his nick name was fuzz and he died on my bed heres the story : the name of my story is my two ghost stories : I
do not know how to start, but here I go. My cat Fuzz Buzz died on my bed when I was sleeping. When I got up I saw that he had died in his sleep. Sometimes I still see him, but I have not told mum that I can. When I go to bed he is always with me, and I feel him go on my chest. I do wish he could come back to be alive with me. He was with me 14 years. I am now 15. I think he is guarding me when I sleep at night.
Tygerwolfe (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
Having had many experiences with pets returning and making themselves known after their deaths, I can say that it was probably your little cat coming back to say goodbye. I am very sorry for your loss, no matter how long ago it was.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Dear The End Of Days,

I am sorry for the loss of your cat. It does not matter how old we grow to be, our memories are full of those we have loved and lost, whether they be human family, human friends or even our best friends as pets, just like your beloved cat and friend, Olly. We never forget those we have loved and those who have loved us. I appreciated you sharing your memory and your sign from your beloved cat, Olly that life after death does exist, even if it is an imprint in a sheeted mattress of one's bed.--Abby
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Aww, that's so cute, I have the same thing happeneing still, and it's been about 3 years since Annabelle died, She's been dead now for about as long as I had her, poor thing was poisoned, but I've moved 2 or 3 times since the house she died in... But I still see her from time to time, if you feel the need, look at my stories, I think it's 'things that go bump in the night', that's the one that I tell about it in.
=]
good luck, I hope he comes to you again, or not, what ever your most comfertable with

<3
Bad
-Baylie-
The_End_Of_Days (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Yeah, I was attached to it, He was a good cat, But I guess hes gone now, So I won't see him again. I have moved a few times, so its never going to happen.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
It's nice to know that your cat was as attached to you as you were to it. It's a nice story of a caring pet owner and a caring pet. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: