You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Parents Experiences In Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Parents Experiences In Childhood Home

 

This is more about the goings on in my childhood home. I have posted another story previously about the poltergeist activity that went on.

This was the main form it took (poltergeist) but a couple of instances it showed itself to both my parents on separate occasions. What was strange was that we lived there as a family for 10 years before anything started happening. Also it only lasted for about a year and a half then suddenly ceased activity.

Luckily I personally only experienced one encounter with the entity (see previous story). It mainly used to appear to my Mum.

Things it used to do, for example, were move things to strange places. My Mum had been out grocery shopping and she had food items in the bottom of my sister's pram. She left the pram outside and was going back and forth loading the shopping into the kitchen. There was a jar of pasta sauce. When she came back that had gone. My Mum was shocked obviously as she was certain it was just there. She never found it. It also used to move the remote control and my Mum would find it in really strange places. She found it behind the washing machine once.

Things used to happen with battery operated toys also. My Mum used to hear one toy go off, only to find it had no batteries. We also had a Scooby-Doo motion activated toy that used to say phrases when you walked past it's sensor. This used to frequently go off on its own saying very ironic phrases such as, "Yipes a ghost." Creepy!

My brother regularly used to have a reoccurring dream about a snake and then always be woken up every time by the same teddy bear falling off the shelf and landing at his feet.

Also one occasion my Mum was watching TV and a bottle of shampoo, which was on the mantle, levitated out and landed straight up on the floor. Directly underneath was a metal fire guard. She thought it was unnatural as it should have landed on the fire guard and maybe fell on the floor. Also she said the room went really cold even with a heater on at the time.

One occasion my Mum saw the entity. She was asleep in bed and woke up suddenly to see a shape of a man standing at the end of the bed. It was glowing and transparent. She said it also had glasses. She screamed and it slowly disappeared.

My Dad also saw it once but in a different form and one that I never heard of before anywhere else. He was sleeping downstairs on the sofa as at the time my parents weren't together anymore. He was visiting. He was sleeping and he was awoken to a white blur above him on the ceiling. He put his glasses on and it became clear.

The way he described it was that it was a glowing mist spreading lengthways and floating downwards. It covered half of the ceiling. He also said it had entrails hanging off which looked like rags and bits of the "rag" were coming off and disappearing into the floor.

He put his head under the covers and eventually looked again and it had gone.

I wonder whether the two apparitions were the same spirit or two different?

Other hauntings by charthebanshee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, charthebanshee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
Maybe scooby-doo saw a real ghost for once 😆
That should be a good clue
ghostgirl334 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
I ❤ this story it was AWSOME I ❤ it 😊 it is so cool like so cool.


from ghostgirl334
kathwitt (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
charthebanshee, thank you for sharing! It sounds as thought each member of your family has experienced this thing which, although poltergeist activity is NOT fun, means that you can all support each other during these hauntings. You are definitely not alone in this, and I hope that offers you some solace.
Poltergeists are known to feed off of attention; some people even believe that the activity will increase if you just plain ignore it. Either way, I would suggest having a paranormal team come in (if you haven't already) or have somebody bless/ cleanse your house.
Snakes in dreams traditionally mean that some healing process is going on in your life - like a traumatic event has recently passed. So, if your family has gone through something traumatic or difficult, sometimes spirits (even mischievous ones like poltergeists) will come in and be able to manifest from that event and the energy it has provided.
Now, that is just one interpretation about the dream; there are many other ways to interpret it.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
I couldn't even tell you how many times things have gone "missing" or moved in my house. It always happens to my sister too. I understand how irritating it is 😠. It's sounds like there was definitely paranormal activity in your house and I'm glad to hear it stopped. It's interesting that the activity started after 10 years and suddenly stopped after a year and a half. The paranormal is fascinating in that way. Thank you for sharing.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Really creepy things going in your house.
It might be two different spirits in your house because, your mom said it black transperent. Your dad discribed something else different thant that.
Many people suffer from ghosts. But moving things hiding them disturbing in nights really gives fustration.

Thank you.
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
charthebanshee,
The toy thing really creeps me out. I always used to be afraid of Furbees because I had nightmares they came to life and attacked me without their batteries in.:/

Moving objects are very common with spirits. That's usually a trait of poltergeists. I'm just glad that it seems that no one was harmed and that possibly a spirit was looking out for your brother (with the snake and Teddy bear thing).

Best wishes,

-Mickey
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Wow, sounds like this must have been a akward times for you and your family. You said it stopped after a year in a half. Did you family change something in your lifes or maybe get the house blessed? I thought the scooby doo toy must have freaked you out a little. Also, you said your brother had the same dream over and over about a snake and then awakenend by a teddy bear landing on his feet. Do you think that this spirt could have been causing these dreams or maybe trying to awaken him from these nightmares?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: