You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demons? Shadow People? Need Help Please

Real Ghost Stories

Demons? Shadow People? Need Help Please

 

I'm going to be 15 in August. My mom has told me when I was a baby, weird things always happened. I remember things from when I was very young (3 and up). Mom said that she would lay me down in my crib when I was about a year old and she would leave the room. When she would come back, I was asleep on her bed under the covers. That was the first thing that had happened that really scared my mom. Now I'm having really bad experiences. I'll let you guys know some of my background stories with ghosts. 

Growing up I lived with my mom, grandma, and my aunt. I lived across the street from a cemetery until I was 10. My mom had me young. When she was a little girl she always played with ghosts. 

When I was about 6, my mom had gone out with some friends and I was left with my grandma. She had left me in the dining room to get something. I remember pretty clearly a little girl in my house. She wore a white dress and blue dress shoes. She would spin in circles around my dining room table. I would follow and play. When my grandma came back she asked why I had changed. I was hiding in the kitchen (hide and seek), the little girl was under the table. My grandma saw the little girl giggle and disappear.

I stopped seeing the girl until my little sister was born. Then she came back, she was always scared of the basement. She wasn't the only ghost I knew, she was just the nicest one. 

When I was 9, I had stayed up late watching a movie with my mom. Going up the stairs, on the way to my room, I saw a figure at the top of the stairs, not a shadow person. I never was bothered by them, I used to laugh and try to play with them. Of course they didn't play, but I was never scared. The thing at the top of the stairs was terrifying. I could tell it wasn't right. It had a hooded figure. It's hands weren't covered by what I then thought were sleeves, they we long and looked like bone. I remember gagging, it had a horrible smell. It didn't do anything, it just disappeared. But right after it did I heard laugh, a scary, evil laugh. I moved out shortly after that.

I've had a lot of experiences with ghosts, most I don't mind or I ignore. But this one is scaring me. 

I've lived in this house going pm 3 years now. Never had a problem. There was an old man who was here, nothing too bad. He was just lonely. About a month ago he left. Now I keep hearing voices. They whisper my name, then I hear giggling. Sometimes it's children's giggle; others it just sounds evil. I can feel something watching me but I don't see it.

My sister is now 7, and I have a 4-month-old brother. I'm scared that this thing might hurt them. I have woken up in the middle of the night to something standing over me. It reminds me of the thing that was at the top of the steps, but much more scary. It growls at me, then it let's out this screeching sound. I've turned on the light and it stays there.

A few nights ago when it finally went away I found blood on my carpet. I couldn't figure out why until I looked in the mirror and saw my lip was bleeding, like it was cut open. I've found more bruise marks on my back, legs, and arms. I've burned sage, done a cleansing, and had a priest come. It's gotten worse since then.

I hear footsteps, scratching sounds, and screaming. My mom says she's been feeling something but it's not evil. I'm the only one in the house seeing and hearing these things.

My boyfriend of almost 2 years came over the other day and "fell" down the stairs. He said he was pushed by something. Everything is getting worse and worse. I have a bruise on my stomach now. It looks like a hand print with long nails. Even as I'm writing this a shadow person is standing by my bedroom door.

One thing I've noticed is the thing stays away when shadow people are here. They have always been around me and they don't show any harm, I actually feel safe with them around. Is this normal?

Any ideas on what I can do about the "entity?" Please help. I don't really fear for myself. I am scared, but I worry about my family and boyfriend. 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blueeyes13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

UNCSammy (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
sounds like you are psychic. Dem0ons and evil entities feed on fear and negative energy. Me my son and my wife had to deal with this before and before that happened I was the biggest skeptic out there. After that happened we contacted a local paranormal team. They came over and debunked all rational explanations that could cause what was going on and on the last day they was there they to saw and heard it. So I to know what you are going through and I also know that me and my wife use to argue a lot in the house and there was a lot of negative energy in the house then when we first started to experience this came the fear from me, my son, and wife which fed the entities as well. Also we later learned that a horrible drug deal gone wrong happened in our house in 1972 in which 4 people were shot and killed. So try to find out if a tragic event happened in your home or in your case you have been able to see spirits at a young age so more than likely you will be the one they come to wherever you are to try to communicate through.
Celestial (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
if what you say is true then you might be a psychic. Since you've been experiencing spirits at such a young age, your powers may have grown while you were growing up. If you really feel scared about this, try locate a local ghost hunting agency to investigate it
~i hoped this would help~
😉
johndeere21 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
blueeyes13;

Yes, there is demonic activity in your house. Cleansing with sage and such just invites more demonic activity. What do you have to lose by seeking someone who knows spiritual warfare using the name of Jesus to cast those demons out of your house? Those demons play for keeps. Seek out a Sprit-filled Christian to show you what to do. Pray and ask the Lord to lead you to one that can help you. Ask Jesus Christ into your life and He will not hesitate for one minute to help and deliver you. Until then use the name of Jesus Christ to protect you. It really is that simple. Ask him to be Lord and Savior of your life today. Please do not wait.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
Aviman,

Telling someone to "Get someone who has authority over demons to come to your house. These people are mostly Christian" is wrong because demons are afraid of any higher power. I am not of the Christian faith but of the pagan faith and I removed a demon from my home by praying to Mother Earth I have not had a problem with it after praying to Gaia.
Aviman (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Get someone who has authority over demons to come to your house. These people are mostly Christian
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
KirstenX,

Does the animal walk on its hind legs and have red eyes if it does do non interact with it. The creature could be a Chindi which is an avenging spirit that can only be summoned by a medicine man or a shaman they will not harm you if you are of pure heart towards nature and others. If one comes after you make a circle of salt around you and say any prayer you want.

I hope this has helped and I also hope that it is not after you.
KirstenX (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Hello, BlueEyes13: I want to know if you know the difference between ghosts and demons. I think the one standing on top of the stairs was a demon--hence the smell---was it sulphuric? Or smells like rotten eggs?

I also want to know if you or your medium friend knows anything about shapeshifters? And do you have any experiences regarding hot temperatures in room? I know I have visitors, and I always pray out loud whenever I feel my room temperature rises, and just as instantly this hot spots would just disappear and it is easier to breath.

If you could answer, please email me at volcanocake [at] yahoo.com

I also had an experience of seeing a coyote--or dog-like creature. Hence of my query regarding shapeshifters? Thank you,
blueeyes13 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
So I've done the home cleansing/sheilding and I feel a lot calmer and safer now. I might do this a few more times just to be sure that the thing is gone. The medium that my grandma had brought in when I was younger actually contacted me. She was an old family friend I guess and she said she was told I needed help with my 'gifts'. She says that I'm a very young psychic medium. I apparently developed my gifts when I was very young and they have grown and I didn't know I had them. She's going to help me control these gifts and teach me everything I need to know. I'm going to be staying at her house for about 3 weeks with her and my grandma (grandma said she never gets time with me and my siblings). I'll keep you all posted on this thing and I will probably be posting more of my other encounters soon.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Dmcal- why does it say in the Bible that " the dead in Christ will rise first", when Jesus comes back? What do you think that means? Please do ALL your research before you preach.

Blueeyes13- I'm sorry your going through all of this. Hopefully Rooks or another posters advise can help. But I have a feeling your sensitive to the paranormal and might be dealing with things like this until you learn how to " control" it. Thank you for sharing and please keep us posted.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
First of all Dmcal stop preaching! You know not of what you speak. Spirits are earthbound for various reasons such as a violent death that never found justice. Some stay to watch over family. Some of them their death may be so sudden the spirit is not ready to cross over, or the family is just not ready to let go.
Blueeyes take rooks advice. He is very knowledgeable.
Ignore Dmcal he thinks anything supernatural is evil but that isn't always the case. In fact in most cases it's not.
I have my own prayer of protection but I always say the Lords Prayer first even though I'm not religious. I also have started to close my eyes and imagine myself bathed in the white light of protection.
Just do not interact with your spirits in any way and NEVER invite a spirit in.
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
tempestmoong,

I should have added that, when we label something "evil" it brings "fear", and fear gives it "power", placement in the "mind"
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Hi tempestmoong,
You said, "But you say that the energy we release is neither good nor bad."
I'm glad you brought this up.
I should have been clearer. Sometimes I get on a roll writing and leave things unclear.
To me good and evil are perceptions of the "human" mind which springs up from religion (s) that teaches separation from the Creator. I know this is hard to grasp as we in our human form are always judging from the point of good and evil. All of it serves a purpose just like light and dark (opposites). And like you I do believe that we retain our personality after death and may carry on with "good and evil deeds" as long as we remain in the astral. Once the spirit goes into the light/love they have moved beyond good and evil. Does this make sense to you?
So I don't use the good and evil label because people automatically assume some encounters are of a "demonic" persuasion, when they are actually the leftovers of a disembodied spirit's humanity acted out in the astral.
Thank you for bringing this oversight up so I could clarify.

Blessed Be
tempestmoong (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
blueeyes13 I think that you should follow Rook's advice he's a pro at this. My prayers are with you.

Seeker1 I have a question. You said that we are all energy and I hold with that. But you say that the energy we release is neither good nor bad. But are there not people who are good and people who are bad in the world? If a person was bad in life would they not continue to be so in death? If they are why wouldn't they continue their "evil" in death?
kittymotley (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
I'm sorry that you're going through this right now. I know it's hard when something is going on but no one believes you. I had poltergeist activity between the ages of 13-17 and I still see things. But it's hard when your parents don't believe you because nothing happens to them. This thing pretty much camped out in my room and I slept in the living room because of it. It stopped when we moved to a new home (me thinks this is because the previous home was in a triangle of homes that were inhabited by active wiccans. Who knows? All I know is, it creeped the bejesus out of me and wouldn't do anything around anyone other than myself and my friend
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Blueeyes

Normally I'd agree the bible can be of much help. However it has been rewritten many times over by man. In order to suit the goal of controlling the masses.

Using religion is the most effective method and that is well known by the people behind the attempt at controlling the masses and thus the world.

Other than that I can't offer any advice since I have not lived in your shoes. I have had experiences with the paranormal but never with poltergeist activity
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Whenever I'm afraid of ghosts or possibly demons (which is what I believe is bothering you in your case) then I read a certain Psalm in the Bible. I can understand if you have suspicions of this, if you're not religious. But I'm not religious either and it always seems to help. Read Psalm 91 aloud whenever you feel like you're being threatened or in danger. It's a protection prayer, and usually helps me. I hope this helps.
Bribri97 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Hello blueeyes13,
This sounds like a serious matter. If you aren't already, become one close to God, for he can help you. I have had similar experiences and I decided then to become a Christian. Once I did and I firmly believed, I could then see angels watching over me. To me, this is the absolute best cure for this issue. Demons are certainly not something to mess with. I hope this helped! Feel free to contact me if needed!:)
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+6
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Dmcal: Hmmm... Let me choose my words wisely... I believe that you want to help people, but I also believe that you enjoy persecuting people beliefs. You also enjoy the feedback you get it from it too.

I have a cousin that would do the same as you. He would say something that's off-the-wall, and then smirk at the feedback he gets. I find that very disgusting. Your here on a ghost story site, preaching that there isn't any ghost... Really?...really?... I'll end this with a short song.

*sings*
I have nothing else to say,
The spirit world isn't black or white, it has shades of grey
Hey! Just like 'geetha50' say!
The spirit world isn't black or white, it has shades of grey

JS aka Brandon 😆 😁
Iori (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Hello blueeyes13,

About the shadow people, I believe they are watching over you. When I was 11 years old I used to share a room with my older brother. He had a similar experience (regarding the shadow people). In the middle of the night when I was asleep he woke up and felt something was on top of his chest. He felt like couldn't move and it was hard for him to breath. He told me that he tried to find my arm (he could barely move his arm a little) to pinch me and wake me up, but wasn't able. Suddenly he saw the shadow of a person at the door and he was able to move and breath again. He kept on saying that the person at the door was our granddad watching over him.

How does he know it was our granddad? I am not sure, but he is completely sure it was him.

I believe in what my brother told me and I believe that the shadow people you see are there to protect you.

Another thing, I read that you said you were more concerned about the safety of your family than you were about your own. Maybe things became worse because at some point you told the other entity to go after you instead of your family and boyfriend?

I really hope things get better
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Dmcal, this is not a religious site. I suggest you proselytize elsewhere.

Blueeyes13, I suggest you speak to a doctor about the injuries you are sustaining at night. I'm not saying there isn't something paranormal going on, just that there may be a sleep disorder at work as well and perhaps a doctor or sleep clinic could help with that. I do not agree with Dmcal that all the activity you are experiencing is evil, nor do I agree that we can never trust our senses or "gut." If you feel the shadows are protective, then they may well be. Do what you can to help control your fear. If there are any true baddies around, fear is probably what they are after. Also, the baddies (I don't like to toss around the d-word; too much baggage associated with it) are great liars (Dmcal was right about that). Don't believe for a second they have the power to inflict any real harm on you or your loved ones. They may simply be taking advantage of opportunities to make you think they can. That brings me back to my initial advice - seek medical help regarding the injuries.
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Hello Blueeyes,
This will be long and it's no wonder that the first message I wrote to you disappeared from my screen before I had completed it, lol there was a reason.

I will preface everything by saying what I offer to you in aid is yours for the taking or you can reject it.

My disclaimer is simply this: I don't ask anyone to believe like me. What I offer is based on my experiences with the paranormal and in life in general, it is my truth. Your truth is yours until, and or you ascend higher and go into a deeper truth.

Please know that I do not mean to belittle you in any way or make you conclude that I do not believe what you say. I am putting myself out there whether or not you are being truthful or not. Keep this in mind as you read this.

1. Spirit is defined as BREATH, WIND OR ENERGY. That's all we are and that's all that everything is that we see or encounter. PURE ENERGY. It is neither good nor evil, only in the mind of the perceiver. For me there is NO SUCH thing as DEMONS in the tradition society and religion has taught. From time beginning demon was given to something that could not be explained based on fear. There is only energy.

I do believe in ghosts. They are energy without a fleshly body either bound on the astral plane, (which is closest to earth) for an indeterminate period of time, or in the higher planes. The way we see them is because they are in the astral. Some of us are open to see them. Our energy CONNECTS with their energy.

2. What we experience is mostly based on our BELIEF SYSTEM taught from the cradle. They become ingrained and are a part of us. They are passed down from generation to generation. So I will ask you to think outside the box in order to solve your dilemma.

3. I believe that we are co-creators with God/Source/Energy and that we MANIFEST, or bring into existence what we desire or GIVE OUR TIME AND ATTENTION TO, all within the "natural" laws of nature and God/spirit. And herein lies the solution/soulution. Ask yourself what is going on WITHIN you manifesting OUTSIDE of you? Are you beating yourself up over something within your mind? What am I giving my time and attention too?

You said: "When I was 9, I had stayed up late watching a movie with my mom."
Ask yourself what was I watching. Was it a horror movie? What was going on in my life around the time of this event? Did I have FEAR energy going on within me? Chances are you will figure out why you saw the figure at the top of the stairs.
Fear has a funny way of affecting our perception as well. Think on that.

When I was 23 I had an encounter that tormented me for 6 straight months. It took over 20 years to discover the truth behind my experience and find true peace without any torment.

I have offered the solution that worked for me.
Blueeyes, think on pure, beautiful and good things. Give your time and attention to these and to others. You will manifest PEACE.

Blessed Be
kathwitt (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
blueeyes13, this was a great (and scary) story!
I like the comments about the shadow figures being there FOR you - my grandpa always came to me in shadow form and scared me half to death everytime he would stand over me, but after meditation and cleansing, his features slowly started to become visible... Still not sure why! However, everyone's situation is different, but if they do not feel threatening, I would call on them to help. They can help you just as much as you can help them.

This may be a good time to look into contacting your spirit guide (s) - though the black figures may be. Maybe the psychic that your mother called on before can help you with this? Just make sure that she is reputable and trustworthy - you seem to have quite a gift, so if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't.

If you need any help, please feel free to contact me!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
geetha - I just wanted to say that I think you did a great job explaining your point of view 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Blueeyes13,
I totally agree with Rook on this one. Like Rook said, it doesn't take one cleansing to get rid of a negativity in your home. Especially after reading your story, I found that this negativity has been building up and has gotten worse after your puberty started. So, it will take quiet while to get rid of it. I suggest you follow Rook's cleansing methods as I know personally that it works. What's so good about Rook's method is that you can adjust to it your believe system or religion.

With that being said, I will keep you and your family in my prayers and I hope everything turns out alright. To answer your question from your comment below, yes I believe the shadow people are there to protect you. From what I learnt on this site and other places are shadow people are spirits that don't have enough energy to fully manifest themselves. The sense of feel safe when they are around means that they are good spirits. But that doesn't mean you should keep you guard up. You are your own best defense.

Also a small suggestion, I'm not sure of your religion but I would also keep your holy book (whatever that might be) next to you or on the night table.

Dmcal,
I may not be as experienced as many of the poster here like Rook, Miracles, or granny but drawing from the experiences that I have had, what you say doesn't make sense. So you are telling me that my grandmother coming in my dream to warn me about my friend's kid getting sick (see My grandma warned me) is actually a demon in disguise? Or that my friend's father coming to check up on his grandson (see Grandpa visited) was actually a demon? Or that the person who was protecting her family (see Family Protector) is not my grandmother's sister but actually a demon? Or the fact that my grandfather and her relative came to say their goodbyes (see Maternal grandmother's experience) are actually demons?

Like many posters here, my religion is different and have different believes and traditions. But when it comes to believes and traditions, they tend to overlap with the believes of others who are of different religious faiths. What you said about the Ouija Board, I agree with because you never know what is going to come though those doors. But saying that we shouldn't be believing in our senses because demons can take advantage of it but I say that it's our saving grace. The higher power (I say this because of all the different faiths on this site) gave us those very senses and a brain to use as a judgement. I also have experienced an evil entity and felt the evil to the core (which I will be posting soon) and if not for those senses, I don't think I would wrap my head around (for lack of a better word) these experiences or know what to do.

You have to realize when it comes to the world of the paranormal, it never black or white, they are many shades of grey.

I, also, see that you haven't posted any of your own stories. What prove (or what makes you believe) that what you say are true? Simply stating something doesn't make it true. From what I experienced, I could clearly say that there are differences between good and evil spirits and that there are fallen angels (demons). But have you experienced that makes you say what you have said in your comment?

I have come in to contact with several mediums and I don't think their spirit guides are evil in any way. People in aboriginal tribes have always believed in spirit guides coming and helping them in the form of animals and spirits. So you are telling me that these guides are in reality demons?

I'm not hear to put you down but I would love to hear you backup your statements.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Hi blueeyerg13,
I think places you are going are not haunted because,
In Indian people and I too believe that people who's birth stars (according to the date,day&time of birth) are weak or you can say negative can see ghost. Because my sistes stars also weak. She has saw spirits many time including her mother&mother in law who had died recently in her house.

I think you can understand please treat my comment positive way.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
blueeyes13,

I would like to point out that that the shadow people that you speak of could be family members that passed away and I feel that they are watching over you.

For the demon that has plagued you my only advise is a lot of prayer and the use of Rooks home cleansing. Also if you have everyone else in the house hold pray with you the power may be too powerful for the demon.

Respectfully,

Whitewolf
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
blueeyes13,

It's interesting you say the physical marks started the same year you began Puberty. I'm pretty sure that 'Puberty' comes 'in waves' and if this is somehow connected to it, like some Poltergeist activity seems to be, then it 'fits' that these physical marks have happened 'in waves' as well as your body has matured.

The Method I offered works real well for exchanging the energy in your home (Positive for Negative) and this helps 'push out' negative 'Spirits / Entities, but you may find more benefit in the Personal Shielding that's contained with that method I offered you. Please ask any questions you may have, either here or via e-mail (my addie is on my profile).

Respectfully,

Rook
Lizbeth (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Thats a scary story. It seems like ghosts are following you, maybe it's because you can only see them and they want to communicate. And maybe it's something more evil. One other possibility is that You are cursed because it also happens to your family and boyfriend.
blueeyes13 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Thank you for the Home cleansing/sheilding I'll try that next. Some of the injuries started when I was 9 which is when I started puberty. But since this thing has showed up they have gotten a lot worse. It used to be just a scratch here and there and I never really thought about it until now. Now that I have thought about it it's been slowly getting worse throughout the years. The only thing that I'm happy about it that it's left everyone else in the house alone. When I had moved out of the house I grew up in (across the street from the cemetery), the scratches started right before I left. Then I moved into a trailer for about a year and a half, then I started getting worse scratches, nothing was in the trailer, but there was a wooded area behind the sheds. It was a 'play area' for the kids before me and my sister. I don't remember what happened but I hated going back there to play, I wouldn't let my sis back there either. Then I moved to where I'm living now and it was calm for about 2 and a half years then this started and it's gotten to where it is now.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Please excuse me for a moment...

Dmcal,

I don't mind anyone sharing their advice and or point of view. But your suggestion became an unneeded sermon and right at the end you 'attacked' anyone who doesn't believe as you. Your entitled to your belief's but please refrain from turning those into an attack on those of us who do not share them...it's very 'un-christian' of you.

Rook

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

😁 😁 😁

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: