You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts Everywhere Around Me

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Everywhere Around Me

 

So, I am currently 13-years-old and I have reason to believe that my current house is haunted and I have ghosts following my family. My mother was the first to tell me about the following, and I saw her logic and took it in. Given that my great-grandfather, great-grandmother, and oldest cousin had all died in my younger years and before birth, I figured it would most-likely be them.

I also lived in Bakersfield from ages four-seven. Looking back, I do have belief in it being haunted. When I was about five, I had one of those toy doorbells in my room. One night, I was just sitting in my bedroom floor, then I looked to my back and saw a hand reach around the door and knock the doorbell down. The hand looked of my stepfather's, so I blamed him for it.

Given that I had anger-issues back then (and sometimes now), I came walking out of my room, ready to scold him, then I asked my mom where he was. "He's not even here," she replied. Then I told her about the hand knocking down my doorbell, I kind of left the incident behind afterwards, and hadn't mentioned it since. Then one time, still at the same house, I recall walking out of my room and seeing a white cat, that resembles my aunt's walk right by me.

Like with the doorbell instance, I told my mother about it, she pretty much just noted it and disregarded it. I knew that my aunt, and her cat, weren't there at the time, so I have reason to believe it was paranormal. Years after, my family and I had moved. Not many paranormal experiences have happened there, except for the times I had the constant feeling of being watched.

I also was afraid to go near the room in the back of the house that my parents slept in. It got so bad that I was afraid to go into the kitchen alone (which was where the room was next to). I also recall lying in bed one night and a bottle of lotion falling on my desk. Again, years later, I had moved to my current house on Lake Isabella.

Around the end of sixth grade, I had taken interest in religion and occultism, etc. I believe that I have "opened a door." I began sensing a presence, it got pretty severe. I ended up having to wear a cross on my neck all hours of the day.

Also, since we live insanely close to a lake, with all kinds of rocks and minerals in these mountains, and the fact that there is the underwater town of Isabella that had been flooded to create the lake. All the people that may have died during the flooding, people dying in the Kern-River, people dying when their cars go off of the canyon-road, and water and limestone being substances to attract spirits, I believe that we have ghosts around every corner of my town.

Also given that my house has been around since 1974, my mother and I both think that people have died here. So, with ghosts following us, and the deaths in my house, I figure that this house is packed with 100% pure ectoplasm and death. The fact that I have the feeling of being watched in this house also gives me my reasons of haunting belief.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, noirlumiere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
I couldn't agree more with Miracles. Your house is not that old. But I guess to a young person it would seem old.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
noirlumiere - please don't take this the wrong way because I don't mean any disrespect. Sometimes when we are told something, it influences how we think and feel. Especially when a parent tells a child they believe something, the child often "believes" the same because their parent does.

Maybe your mom's belief has you looking for, and creating, situations in your homes. I'm not saying your mom shouldn't have told you. When my daughter was 14, I told her about my experiences and found out she'd also experienced things that she hadn't told me. What I am saying is this: it's easy to believe everything is a ghost or that every noise can be blamed on a haunted house.

A house being only 38-years-old doesn't mean people have died in it (I'm older than your house). That's young in the age of houses. If it was 138-years-old, you'd have a much better chance of deaths having occurred in the home.

Research some of these things, like the lake and your house. Don't just assume your house is haunted. Having a ghost in your house also doesn't make it haunted. It just means you're sharing your home with someone else. They just aren't breathing 😉. But that doesn't mean your house is haunted. Big difference. Big!
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Did you enquired whole town experienced these or things are going on only in your home?
I don't know about isabella rives as iam not from united states. So iam leaving up to these point.

Thanks for sharing, take care.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
Just because you believe someone might have died in your house does not make it haunted. I still don't know why people tie the two together. In fact its rare. There are many many reasons for hauntings. I also agree that if the flood was on purpose then the people got out safe. Thank you for sharing.
SoullessMuffinz (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
I agree with Bbrave. If the town was flooded to create the lake, the people would have been evacuated first. But, there is a chance that some people were left behind or got trapped there during the flooding and drowned. But that chance is slim, so not many spirits could come from the flooding. Still, I have no doubts that your town is packed with spirits due to the information you gave. Though, they all seem like they would be normal people and I don't think you have much to be afraid of.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-13)
I have a question do you know if the town of Isabella was flooded on purpose?

If it was on purpose I'm sure the townsfolk were made aware of the plan to flood the town. So believe that they made it out just fine.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: