You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Glowing Dark Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Dark Woman

 

When I was around 20 years old I lived in a trailer in a tiny town in Missouri. It was summer and it was hot! I would get up every night to get a glass of water and then I would go back to bed. This one particular night I got up went to the kitchen like I always did and poured myself some water. I didn't turn on any lights cause I had a lot of windows in my trailer and the moon is pretty bright in Missouri (if you have ever been there, you know!).

While I drank my water I had a weird feeling that I was being watched. So I finished it and walked out of the kitchen and into the living room where I stopped. My front door was about three feet to the left of me and I don't know why but I felt compelled to go to the door so did. My door had a small window in it and so I pulled back the curtain and peeked out the window. I saw someone standing about 10 feet from my front door wearing a hooded cloak with their back turned to me. Because it was late and I lived on the outskirts of town I figured maybe it was someone who's car broke down or something and needed help, so I opened my door and stepped out on to my porch. I called out and asked if they were ok.

That was when "she" turned around and my blood ran cold. I had heard that expression before but that was the first time I knew what that phrase meant. She was like a black abyss that was void of anything, like a darkness so dark you could get lost in it. She had no discernible features on her face as though they kept changing. Like she was many women all at once and her outline was like a white glowing light, almost like a negative image of a black and white photo.

She started to slowly walk to me and stopped about 4 feet in front of me. I couldn't move; I was paralyzed with fear. I wanted to yell, "Go away. "You're scary!" but my mouth was dry and my head was trying to make sense of what I was seeing. Very slowly and fluidly she raised her hand and pulled her hood back. I kept trying to see her face but it just wouldn't focus. When she pulled off the hood, she had very curly erratic hair but it was the same as the rest of her depth-less black outlined in glowing white.

It felt like we stood there for ever and just stared at each other even though it was probably only a few seconds. She then started to slowly raise her hand like she was going to touch my face. At this moment my brain panicked and kicked into gear. I don't know why I did this but I raised my hand up as well (I think my exact thought was if you're going to touch me then I'm going to touch you. Sometimes I amaze myself). She stopped, pulled back her hand much faster than she had moved previously, looked from my hand to my face and it was almost as if the shadows in her face twisted to make it appear as if she was smiling (does that make sense?). She then nodded at me, turned around slowly started walking away and then then just evaporated into nothing. I stood there for a moment then went inside and locked the door and went back to bed.

I remember when she appeared I had this utter feeling of dread like all would end right in that moment, but after she "smiled" at me I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. If I remember correctly it was a little after 1 am, I forgot to put that in there.

I don't know what or who she was but if anyone has any insights on this, please enlighten me. I chose this as my first story to post because it has the most vivid details I can remember.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bamftastic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
I'm at a loss for words but I agree with Miracles in that I wouldn't have reacted the same way as you. I probably would have wet my PJs and run like the world was coming to an end! 😆
Bamftastic (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
[at] Mr. Fear - I don't think it was scared of me at all lol, I know it terrified me at first.
Bamftastic (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
[at] Miracles- I honestly don't know why I raised my hand to touch her back, it was like the thought just popped in my head and I reacted, and there never was any relief but the peaceful feeling came after it seems she acknowledged me. And I don't recall anything negative at the point in my life, had a ruff patch after that but I pulled through it an yes I have had unexplained things happen my whole life, ever since I was little.

[at] Jesus soldier-the town was Richland, mo I don't live there now so I have no problem posting it, it is in the tri-county area so it can be considered south west and south east cause it's kind of in the middle lol
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Wow, this story makes you brainstorm. I had some questions, but Miracles already asked them. I will wait for your reply. Oh, I wanted to know if your small town is in Southeast Missouri. I have a lot of family down there. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Bamftastic - my first thought was, is this creature related in any way to the "Shadow Man" or "Grim Reaper"-type entity that are featured in so many stories. Maybe in a different capacity or something?

I believe you earned her respect by standing your ground instead of "running like a scared little girl" 😆 I feel qualified to say that because I am female and cannot in all honesty say I would have been able to stand my ground the way you did. Sure my curiosity would have been enormous, but would I have stood there and tried to touch her? Ummm... No, I cannot lie and say I know for sure I would have stood there. I'd like to think I would, but until I'm in that same situation, I don't know what I would do.

You said she left you with a overwhelming sense of peace. That feeling just fascinates me. It just seems as if there has to be something to that. I can understand relief, but peace?

Were you going through anything negative at that point in your life? Anger, drama, anything like that? You said you chose this story because it has the most vivid details. Have you had more "ghost" stories after your encounter with her? Not "with her" but just more of an increase in activity or an increase in awareness?

I truly am fascinated by this story 😊
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Hi Bamfastic,
Funny story,
Did it scared you or you scared her?

Anyway thanks for sharing.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Jav- "play patty cake with that swirling mess"... LOL
😆 😆 😆

50 characters 50 characters 50 characters
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
It sounds to me like she was testing you, and that you passed. Who she is, and what she may have been testing you for I can't even begin to guess. But it does seem like you earned her approval, and I think you may encounter her again, probably in a less intimidating form. Keep an eye open, I've got a funny feeling that she will be revealed as an important figure in your spiritual growth.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Bamftastic,
Holy crap! What the hell was that thing? I'm sorry, but if I was to walk out my front door and see that? No thank you! I wouldn't be offering to play patty cake with that swirling mess! No freaking way!
Thanks for scaring the crap out of me... 😨

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: