You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demon, Ghost, Or Am I Crazy?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon, Ghost, Or Am I Crazy?

 

Here is my story. Let me start with saying I live in a town that has many ghost sightings and haunted places. Every house that I've lived in has been haunted from what I can tell.

Anyway, the house I currently live in an apartment in a nice little neighborhood. My landlord has told my father stories about the upstairs being haunted. Like things flying off tables, but nothing too bad. I have lived in this apartment for over 2 years and I still don't feel comfortable in it. When I first moved in, everything was fine. But within the first few months, strange things would happen. One summer day, I was home alone. It was just me and my dog. I went to use the bathroom. So I did my business and when I was about to walk out, the shower had turned on by itself. I stood there. Frozen. I opened the curtain, shut the water off, grabbed my dog and went outside until my Dad came home from work. My parents have been divorced for awhile so I packed my bags and asked if I could spend the next few nights at my mom's house. My Dad dropped me off at my mother's house. I didn't tell anyone what happened, not even my older brother.

Once school started, things settled down a little. Then at the end of May, I found out my best friend since the day I was born had died. She was also a family friend, so this was a huge impact on my entire family, not just me. The night I found out she died, I felt as though I was being watched everywhere I went. The next day I school I told my friend about it. She is very good with ghosts, for she has had a lot of experience with them. She asked me if I had gotten to say goodbye to my friend before she died. "Actually, no I didn't" I said. She was in New Hampshire when she died. So my friend said, "You felt like you were being watched cause she was there. She just wanted to say goodbye." That warmed my heart to know she was there to say goodbye.

Over the summer, I was at my Dad's house almost everyday. One day I was walking my dog. I walked past a car that had a lady sitting in there. She looked about 50 years old, long blonde hair. I kept walking, but something told me I should turn around. So I did. I looked in the car. Nobody was there. I know she didn't leave the car because I would have heard the door slam.

When school started again, I spent the night at my mom's house. I woke up around 2:30 am one night. I stood up and standing right in front of my face, was the lady I saw in the car. I screamed for my mother. She came upstairs, prayed, and put many bibles on the floor. She made me sleep downstairs that night. I see her a lot. In my dreams and in real life. I don't feel like she will hurt me though.

Anyway, so things were settling down lately and I thought everything would be fine. Then yesterday my brother, who is 15, walked up to me and said, "Why were in my room, watching me sleep this morning?" I said, "You're insane. What time did you see me 'watching you'?" He said "10 A.M." I was shocked. "Uh, I was asleep at 10 A.M. And we have been home alone all day" is what I said. My brother shrugged it off, but I can't get it off my mind.

I've been feeling like someone is watching me. And I know it is not my friend that died. Because this thing feels evil. I need help. Is this real, or am I going crazy? Thanks for reading, please comment below what you think!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Scaredofthedark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Scaredofthedark (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Hi this is the writer of the story here. For those who are saying the lady could have bent down to grab something, it says clearly in the story that I looked inside the car. So if she had bent down, I would've seen her. And to the woman who said there is a "plumbing problem" and that is why my shower turned on, your wrong. I saw that handle turn itself. That doesn't happen with a plumbing problem. And my brother has never slept walked in his life. And he was not walking when he saw whatever was watching him sleep. Maybe you people should read the story over before writing comments that make me look like I'm seeking attention. Because I'm not.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Sahil?

Lots of folks on here have been "like Jav's friend", unfortunately most turned out to be a lot less. We would prefer your real name next time.

Lou
sahil (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
look jav I am like your friend and I agree with your story so my decision is to call a pandit and do a havan. Hope you will accept this. 😊 ❤ ❤
peacefulspirit (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
Hi Jav, I have to agree with you, so often people look for paranormal explanations for things because it seems a little more exciting and dramatic. Most often I think we can find reasonable explanations for things when we look for them. I strongly believe that many of these experiences come from a persons' psyche. The mind is a powerful thing and there is so much that is not understood. I think that if things do not resolve on their own then I would consider professional help.
Scaredofthedark (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I actually did end up telling my dad. He didn't believe me. But this has not happened again for the water bill is not going up. And Jav, the lady did not bend over because I looked in the car, and no one was there. Also I do not sleepwalk, and if I did, I would have woken up to the sound of the door opening because it is very creaky.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
I was not going to comment on this story at first. But feel a need to now since a certain someone failed to address and offer any explanation for certain claims you have made.

For instance assuming the lady you saw in that car had bent over to look for something resting on the floor of said vehicle. Why is it you then report seeing her in your home? Furthermore how would she even know where you reside?

Unless your story is false which I make no claims of it being. Just feel a need to point out that would be one of the only ways to explain that claim.

One other possible explanation is you might have been unknowingly subjected to a high electromagnetic field. Which has been known to cause such sightings and cause feelings of fear as if something evil is in your presence.

Then there's the shower turning on by itself. I'm not a professional plumber so I don't claim to know for sure. But it is possible you have one of two problems
One being "the cartridge or stem in the shower handle has gone bad

The handle is connected to a cartridge/stem
The stem/cart. Has a rubber seal or sm gasket that sits against a seat

Either the seal/gasket has gone bad or the seat has worn a groove in it or both

You need to find what brand of shower you have
Check with your local home improvement store/Brand name wholesaler for a suitable replacement"

The other "your water pressure is too high? It's stronger than the washers/springs that hold the valve closed?"

I do agree that you if you haven't yet tell your father about that. Because not doing so could mean a lot more than a high water bill
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Hi scaredofdark,
Your dog didn't feel any presence it should be.
I feel sorry for your friend,
Ask your friend with your heart, to say leave you who was following you from car.
She could help she is your friend.

Thank you.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Scaredofthedark,
First let me offer you my sympathies at the loss of your dear friend. For what it's worth, I do believe you felt your friend with you on the night in question. Many of us have experienced the same. It is a testament to how close you were in life for this friend to want to say good bye like that. ❤

But for the rest of these experiences, I believe most of them could be explained away as being something else entirely.
The shower turning on by itself? My only question here is why you didn't say anything to your father. What if it turns on like that when no one is home? It could be running for hours. Let me just say, I would be more concerned about the water bill at that point. And really, not telling anyone? That just isn't right.
The lady in the car? She could have been bent over searching for something on the floorboards.
Your brother? He could easily have had a waking dream at that moment. You wake up thinking you really are awake, but eventually you realize you are actually still dreaming. Seems real, but it's false. Or you could have been there, who knows? Maybe you walk in your sleep, it is very common at that age.
Look, it all comes down to the popularity of hauntings these days. It seems like you're nobody unless you have had an experience. I'm not trying to be mean here, I am just saying that not to look at these as paranormal events until you have exhausted all other avenues first. Clearly, these events need some further scrutiny on your part.

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: