You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Mysterious Hooded Figure In Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Hooded Figure In Woods

 

My name is Liam and I would like to share with you something me and my best friend Julian experienced recently, any feedback would be great as it would be brilliant for someone to shed some light on this phenomena.

So I was spending the day with my friend, and I was around his house for a while just hanging out and having fun (as friends typically do) then my friend and I decided to go to the shop to grab some "Nibbles". Upon getting some "Nibbles" we both decided to go to some woods that is extremely close to my friends house. Now, time for a little back story. Me and my friend live in a part of England called "The West Midlands", the area is known for having a lot of woodlands and has a lot of poor weather. The local woods are overlooking my friend's house and is literally on his doorstep, so it is only a short walk to get there.

Anyway, back to the story. We decided to go up there because we wanted to relax and enjoy our goodies that we had purchased from the shop. We followed a local footpath which is commonly used by dog walkers but not many other people. This is a reason we like to go up there because it is relatively private.

At the top of the footpath leading into the more forrested areas me and my friend both stopped in our tracks and acted casually because we both saw a group of hooded figures that looked like some misfits smoking, with one that I distinctly saw the back of and saw his hand in his jacket pockets. Now this is where it gets weird. Because we live in a moderately rough neighbourhood we tried to act like we didn't see them. I thought I saw four figures although my friend is extremely sure he saw three. The figures never made direct eye contact with us and when I think about them I can't define a single part of there body, as if it was a singular moulded shape like a shadow. The figures appeared to be completely jet black.

As me and my friend just stood casually along the sides of the footpath acting natural we then saw a dog walker dressed in grey walk causally past us and there was no eveidence of any of the "Hooded people". The woods were also muddy and we saw no footprints or anything to even suggest like there was anything however me and my friend are positive that we saw "something"

We carried along the pathway for another 5 minutes into a more open space and we still saw no evidence of anyone else there. Bear in mind as we witnessed this we were directly opposite each other and had a different point of view on the situation and we defiantly saw the same thing, so there was no chance of it being an illusion of the trees.

Also I would like to point out that the woods is locally known for its murder mystery "Who put Bella in the Wych Elm" if you would like to read more on that story I would recommend searching it on Wikipedia, it is rather interesting.

If you have any questions PLEASE ask away and if you have any answers...well...Please answer away haha, anyway thanks for reading my first post. I also have some past experiences that I may share if anyone is interested.

Thanks

-Liam

Other hauntings by liam667

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, liam667, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-20)
Hi Liam- Do you remember how tall the dark figures were, did they moved or float and how long were they visible for? I myself saw a hooded figure in my kitchen last friday night for the first time in my life and I am trying to understand what the heck did I see.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Maybe the spirits of those boys who found the body of the girl inside the hollow of the tree?
Bump (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
I just have to ask (cause I'm a weirdo) are you Liam Payne because his from the West Midlands just saying. Anyway great story I've actually heard of a couple of experiences like this. Not sure why they would group together like this just another mystery I guess.
Heartique (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
Nice sighting! I'd just like to say, when I was about 12 I saw a hooded figure in my house it was coming out of my brothers room and into mine. I froze in the lounge room when I saw it as I was mid stride going to the kitchen. That's the only time I've ever seen a hooded figure
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
liam667 - If they do please don't forget me! Magic just has to still exist!
liam667 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
[at] Siskakes I'm down with being swept off to hogwarts hahahaha
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
RebeccaRay - lol you stated "Perhaps you witnessed a rare meeting of some kind?" you made me think of some muggles that experience things that extend from the world of magic from Harry Potter. Sounds like the Death Eaters to me lol
liam667 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
[at] geetha50

Initially we felt fear. But that was most likely due to the fact that the type of people who live in that area would've kicked our heads in

Also I made sure to check the area, as I genuinely thought they were people, and they would jump out and assault us.

[at] RebeccaRay

It looked like they were smoking and talking while looking down at the ground, but we heard no noise
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I seriously don't know what to say about this. I did go and read the article you mentioned in your story and it was an interesting read. I tend to debunk first before calling it paranormal. You mentioned that you and your friend lived in a rough neighbourhood, it could have been teenagers doing something they shouldn't be doing and when the person with the dog came along, they decided to hide. That's my theory but who knows, I wasn't there.

Gotta a question for you: When you and your friend saw these hooded shadows, how did you feel? Fear, dread, anything?
RebeccaRay (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I've never seen a hooded figure myself but I think it's pretty interesting and unordinary that the spirits (or whatever they were) were standing in a group. Did it seem like they were talking? Perhaps you witnessed a rare meeting of some kind?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: