You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Moving Out

Real Ghost Stories

Moving Out

 

Everything started when I was a teenage girl. My parents decided I needed my own room so I moved to a room in the house that used to be a storage room. I didn't really like it because I was used to sleeping with my brothers and that room was spooky.

I felt alone in that room, but I didn't want to keep a diary (because of my mom and her ability to find stuff) so I started talking to the air... Saying what I had liked about my day, my dislikes, hopes and dreams and all of that. I didn't have an imaginary friend, I knew I was talking to nobody, but it made me feel less lonely.

At nights my wardrobe doors would open for no reason, so I started to be afraid of open doors. My dad said it was because of air trapped inside of it, but I still was scared.

Once while I was in bed I was talking about my day and I thought 'how rude of me to be talking to the air and not invite him to sit' (crazy, I know), so I said outloud "if you are tired, you can sit down" and in that moment the other side of the bed sank a few centimeters. So I ran away and started sleeping in my parents bedroom floor... Until I moved out when I was 17 years old.

I was really happy to live in my own flat, but not before long I started seeing a shadow in the house, always getting inside a room (storage room), so I asked the owner of the house "who died in that room?" and she said "how do you know someone died in there?" so I told her what was happening and she told me it was her husband, and that used to be his room... So I moved out.

I went to live to another flat not far from this one. I wasn't alone though, I had a friend living with me. She was a party girl so I would rarely see her, and most nights she used to stay at her boyfriends. One night I started hearing a little girl cry but I couldn't find the source of that sound, so I started blaming my upstair neighbors, even though I didn't know them.

The first time I saw them I noticed the woman was pregnant, so I said "your daughter is going to have a sister/brother to play with", and they said "we don't have a daughter". As those were my only neighbors at that time I was confuced, so I moved out and went to a new flat with my little brother.

This new flat was really small. It had a bathroom, one bedroom with 2 beds and one kitchen/living room. So one day I arrived very tired from work and went to bed, but almost immediately the phone started ringing, so I took the pillow off my face and saw my little brother sitting in his bed looking at the phone. So I said "aren't you going to pick up?" and he then stared at me but didn't move, so I said then "well, I'm tired, you pick it up!" and put the pillow back in my face, but the phone stopped ringing and my brother didn't pick it up. Like 30 second later the phone started ringing again, so I took again the pillow off my face and yelled "PICK THE PHONE UP!" but there was no one in the room. So I picked up the phone and it was my little brother. This I thought was because of being tired.

A month later I arrived from work very hungry so I turned on the stove and started washing my hands. When I was going to get a pan, I saw a little girl standing in the kitchen with me! She was 2 meters away from me, and she was staring at me, all dressed in white and showing me her teeth. I got really scared but I couldn't yell. I felt like if my soul was scaping my body and my knees bended and I fell to the floor. Finally she vanished in the air and I started crying. I stood up and turned off the stove, as all I wanted was to get out of the house. When I turned back to the door the girl was now standing there! But this time I screamed and when she vanished again, I got out and called my brother on the phone and told him "We need to move out" and we moved out one week later.

The new house was bigger, and nothing happened for a few months. One night my little brother told me he was going out to a party. So when he left I closed all the doors in the house (as you remember I'm afraid of open doors) and went into my room to sleep. I woke up at 5am because I was feeling a lot of pain in my leg. When I opened my eyes I saw a man sitting in my bed holding my ankle. I could not see his face but he was all dressed in white. I kicked his hand so he would let my ankle go and he stood up and floated out of my bedroom. All the doors were open but I thought 'this can't be happening as I closed and locked all the doors in the house' so I closed my eyes thinking it had all been a dream.

When I woke up I was terrified to see all the windows and doors open, so I closed them all but then I heard people talking outside. I opened the front door and I saw my little brother sitting in front of the house with our neighbor. I instantly told him "do you think it's funny to come in and open the doors while I sleep?" and he said "I've been sitting here for 4 hours because you closed the door from the inside and I couldn't get in!"... No need to say we moved out...

Since I moved out from my house, everyone avoids getting into the room I used to sleep in. My whole family has seen shadows and if something gets lost in the house they know it will appear in my bed. But we really don't pay attention to these things... My family calls it "my friends that come to play"

Other hauntings by NellyPerks

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NellyPerks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JJ-Jinx (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
That must have freaked you out (the bed sinking when you say to sit down) That has happened to me... I pooped myself xD
Wolvesrfun (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Same thing except I am afraid of bathrooms! I see my toilet paper rolling on the floor for no reason! I also saw little eyes while I was in the shower!
NellyPerks (6 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Thanks for your comments! I think I finally found a place to live where nothing has happened yet and I hope it continues like this:) my family has not seen anything like the little girl I saw... They only have seen shadows in my old bedroom, but they don't go in to investigate... When friends or family come to stay in our house they sleep in there and in the morning they always say "something very weird happened last night..." and then they tell us a story:) We don't tell them about the shadows because we don't have a lot of rooms... But I don't think it has something to do only with the room. As I'm also afraid of sleeping there, I once slept in my brothers room and I woke up with a strong breaking glass noise and something hitting my arm... The candlestick broke for no reason (it didn't fall, just exploded in the air) and the glass fell on me... My dad of course said it was because of the heath and electricity...
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Like Bamftastic said, you have the gift of attracting ghosts. Also from your story I take it that you don't like that. Just a bit of advise: stop moving around so much. For people like us, you are going probably going to encounter something paranormal everywhere you go. I'm not sure what religious faith you practice but I would suggest saying some prayers from your holy book. Also, something that my family does whenever we move to a new place of residence is to have a Hindu priest come to the house to bless the place so any ghosts and / or bad influences in the house could be banished. If your religious faith allows it, I suggest you do the same. It can't probably totally banished ghosts from your life but it probably would ease it up a little for you.

Got a question for you. Has you siblings or parents experienced anything like actually seeing a ghost?
Bamftastic (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
it seems to me you have a gift for seeing the unseen. I don't think you should be afraid and you shouldn't have to keep moving! You should firmly tell anything where you live to leave you alone and that you don't want to see them because it bothers you. I hope that helps 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: