You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Highway Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Highway Nightmare

 

My uncle runs an optical fibre laying company for cellular service providers. For this purpose he has to travel all through the nation in order to pick up tenders and do the concerned job. This story which I am about to tell happened last year during the month of December near a village in the state of Jharkhand.

We were crossing this village dead at 2am in the morning. My uncle, me, his friend and the driver were in the car. We were dock tired owing to all this travelling. In order to cross the village we had to cross a bridge. The bridge was so narrow that it could allow only one car to pass at a time. We heard many spooky things about this village but never believed things such as 'ghosts'. The driver was constantly telling us to halt the car at some motel because he believed that crossing the village at this hour was a bad idea. But, we didn't listen to him and we pushed further in order to reach the targeted destination.

Nearing the approach to this bridge, we stopped at the side of the road to take a leak. A few 100 meters ahead of us we saw some of the bushes rattling. We could see that because the headlights were still on. I presumed it to be a rabbit or some random animal. But it was not what I had expected. What it actually was blew our minds.

When we started the car and were ready to move suddenly a women wearing a red wedding saree was seen crawling on to the road as if she needed help. Half of her clothes were torn as if she was raped. As we got closer she sprang up and stood in front of us with her back faced away. The driver screeched to a halt. She slowly turned and then what we saw blew our brains out. She had a barbaric face, like the one you get after someone smashes your head with a huge rock. Blood all over her face and slowly coming closer to the car.

The driver was in such a state of shock that he passed out. My uncle screamed to turn the lights off, but the driver was so bewildered by the sight he couldn't so. I sprang up, took out the lights and we sat down quietly. The noises which the entity was making could be heard and slowly faded away.

At this time the driver was shifted to the back seat and I drove the car as fast as I could and parked it to a nearby motel. Nobody spoke, we were at a state of trance. We woke up the next day and hurried off never to visit back the Village again. Certainly not in the nearby future.

The question is that what would have happened to the bride on her day of marriage remains a mystery.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rishav2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RohanP (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-09)
I personally felt that story is worth a read and so sorry for that bride: (
If she is ghost I pray to god for providing her salvation!
A question to those who think the writer must have helped the girl, what would you have done in the same situation?
Pleaseee reply and truly...
migelito23 (32 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-05)
Scary story I imagine you couldn't sleep that scary
Night, so that village its like a ghost town with the
Apparation of ghost bride problably got murdered there
On that site. Your driver passed out because he was
So scare that he passed out! Wow that was really really
Spooky experience that you pass on.
Aprajita (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
My ghosh! Such a scary story. Really I feel pity for that bride... And I really want to know what would have happened to her. Maybe she was seeking for help.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
It has been six months since the last comment and the poster has still not replied to any of the posts. It does not take rocket science to know it's a fake.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Hi everybody!
Although I am the newest user here, I think I can safely say that this story is a fake, considering the facts that rishav2011 is reluctant to answer any of your queries and moreover, I happen to reside in the same Indian state where he claims all this happened and yet have never heard of anything like this ever happening although I have heard other stories... I apologise if I am trespassing though.
And somehow if it turns out to be a true incident... Shame on the guys in the car for not trying to help the lady!
MizMiMi02 (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Thank you Miracles... I could have responded long ago, but chose not to.:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
curiousme - it's been 3 weeks. You could have, and should have, let this go. Seriously.

Your comment in no way is helpful to the o/p and this is the only time I am going to say this to you. No more. From now on the comments will be deleted when they are deliberately intended to antagonize, or engage another member in an argument on a story that is not your own. And there is no way you can even pretend your last comment wasn't intended to do just that.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Holy crapoly! Is this poster for real? Oh, okay. In the world of trolls and clowns this poster is for real... Yeah, right! What a maroon!

You got your ducks in a row? Huh, pal? You got them going for you, right? Because we certainly don't want anyone showing up on our doorstep saying they need to sit on someone's head! 😆

Whatever pal! I'll leave the light on for you. Just be careful of the dogs, they get a mite jumpy about strangers, and feeding time never comes soon enough for them.

Jav
(rolling my eyes as I walk away shaking with laughter)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
curiousme,

It's seems to me their is a difference in how we 'view' and opinion being offered.

You have flat out said... They experienced it so only they no for sure if it was paranormal...

You then go about 'screaming' we can't possibly know if this individuals 'experience' was paranormal or not by stating...

"THE EYES THAT WITNESSED IT OR HAD THE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE CAN ONLY DIFFERENTIATE WHETHER IT WAS NATURAL OR PARANORMAL, NOT THE ONES JUST SITTING IN THEIR HOMES AND COMMENTING THE COMMENTS OF BRAVERY SIPPING ON THEIR TEAS AND COFFEES."

Did it not occur to you that 'those of us sitting in our homes' may have had a similar experience which WE, after much research and 'de-bunking' were able to discover that what we experienced was indeed NORMAL/NATURAL rather than 'SCARY/PARANORMAL'. Did it not occur to you that the O/P is scared and looking for answers... So WE offer our OPINION based of OUR OWN EXPERIENCES and what do you know... Some individuals come up with 'NATURAL/NON-PARANORMAL' reasons that the experience MAY have occurred... We are not trying to convince the O/P that is was non-paranormal...but sharing our knowledge and experience to help them possibly understand what may have happened to them... If they check into things and all NATURAL CAUSES can be ruled out then the PARANORMAL can be considered.

Oh one other thing... Before you go saying things like...

"NOT THE ONES JUST SITTING IN THEIR HOMES AND COMMENTING THE COMMENTS OF BRAVERY SIPPING ON THEIR TEAS AND COFFEES."

You may want to visit individual profile pages and see just how much EXPERIENCE us tea/coffee drinking arm chair warriors have. When/if you do that you may find that our suggestions are not made for idle 'chit-chat' but are based on practical experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
curiousme (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Rookdygin- I agree with what you say with all the respect, but you can't say that there were more chances that it was not unnatural, what I m trying to say here is that it could be you know 50 50 and if it is 50 50 then but obvious i've got to be convinced with the one who saw it, it might be 70 30 for you that it was natural, but I m talking about my point of view and so was the comment

MizMiMio2-i don't know what you want to actually prove, your comment itself holds an. Answer to your question, you ask how can I say that it was surely paranormal and at the same time you paste my actual lines that say I agree with what the author says he witnessed, so that is how I say it was paranormal as I go by author's point of view, so let us please review who is talking idiotic here:-D
And far as saying how can I strongly say that it was paranormal, so buddy I have just posted here my point of view, I didn't come to your house and sat on your head and forced upon you my opinion that MizMiMio2, you have to agree with what I say,huh,lunatic man, now a person can't even post his point of view or what?
I hope now you can see ducks in a row now, it just takes a change you see? And there, you can see all ducks well in a row;-)
Tc bud, good luck with your work.:-)
su_yo (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
hey storie teller... Muje aab raat din teri he khayal ha. Kya karu aab me english ki toh laga de tumne
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
curiousme- Problem here is that you are doing exactly what you claim others are doing. I find it extremely idiotic that you think you have the end all be all, in CAPS, which by the way doesn't get your point across any stronger and is completely rude.
You said, and I quote- "THE EYES THAT WITNESSED IT OR HAD THE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE CAN ONLY DIFFERENTIATE WHETHER IT WAS NATURAL OR PARANORMAL, NOT THE ONES JUST SITTING IN THEIR HOMES AND COMMENTING THE COMMENTS OF BRAVERY SIPPING ON THEIR TEAS AND COFFEES."
So if we use what you just said (and it is exactly what you typed below) then how can you so strongly say it is paranormal? You weren't there were you? And you said that the only ones who know, are the ones that were there. So we can further deduce that you have no idea what you're talking about, and you are just a hypocrite. Nice try though, feel free to try again when you can get all your ducks in a row.:)
P.S. I'm at work, and I don't drink coffee or tea.
Hitman (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Never stop if an attractive woman asks for a lift in late hours. These are booby traps. Well I give lift to people in day time only. Those who think my advice worthless are only risking their life.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
curiousme,

So it's that simple is it? If an individual says it's supernatural/paranormal then that's it, it just has to be?

It doesn't matter that there can be a non-supernatural/ non-paranormal explanation the individual sharing their experience may need to hear so that their fears may be calmed. They should just accept that the 'Jinn's' (your term... I read your profile) are 'messing' with them and go about their lives in fear because they do not even try to 'prove' or 'disprove' the experience?

I am not an 'armchair warrior' by any means. I've experienced some pretty wild things and in the process have learned to investigate them... Eliminate the possible 'natural' causes and then 'deal' with any 'supernatural/paranormal' events that may be left.

This tale was creepy... And weird but nothing in it that could not be explained by 'natural causes'...which brings it to a rather sad ending which could have been avoided if the overtired work crew had not 'freaked out' and just kept their heads about them.

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
curiousme (14 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Well,buddy,i don't agree with the comments here posted to you in rply from Jave and Rook and Princess and all as I believe that they are just sitting in their homes and showing off their OVER helping nature, its too easy, anyways what I believe is that you and the fellow friends of yours are the only ones who had the first hand experience of this incident or you were the only ones who witnessed this incident with your own eyes and hence I fully respect for your guys's fear and the way you all reacted to it because THE EYES THAT WITNESSED IT OR HAD THE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE CAN ONLY DIFFERENTIATE WHETHER IT WAS NATURAL OR PARANORMAL, NOT THE ONES JUST SITTING IN THEIR HOMES AND COMMENTING THE COMMENTS OF BRAVERY SIPPING ON THEIR TEAS AND COFFEES.
So,if you say paranormal then I m sure it was, I m here to just go by as the poster says it is and not to force my opinions or lame assumptions sitting at home, take care buddy
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Why would your first thought be 'oh my god ghost let's hide in the dark' and not 'oh my god call an ambulance'! How chivalrous! 😐
NyankoSensei (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
In fact looking at where you come from it was very very probably a real person. You need to report what you saw so that police can investigate the area. It was a crime. Do it NOW for your own karmas sake - poor woman needs justice.
NyankoSensei (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
I think perhaps you should of checked to see if it was a real person or not... I would of done.
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
zzsgranny - would you guys like an English Lit major to help with the load?;) Just teasing of course (am I? O_o)
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Let me clarify, when I said "I don't knwo where you come from..." I didn't mean geographically, I meant figuratively speaking.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Ok, I am going to come at this from the other side (no pun intended) and out myself just a bit in the process. I feel for this poor girl that you say you saw, which I believe was a real woman and not a spirit as you suggested. She came to you for help and you left her to die alone in the middle of nowhere. So many people see things like this and come to the conclusion that it must be paranormal.
Well, I don't know where you come from but this happens everyday across the states, and is very much real in nature. Both to the people that see it, and the person it happened to. People don't want to get involved, don't want a lawsuit, don't want to endanger themselves. Let me say that the LAST thing on my mind when I encounter someone in desperate need, is "will I be in danger if I help?"
I couldn't live with myself if I didn't. I would forever be wondering if the outcome for that poor soul would have been different, if I decided that being a human being was more important then delaying my errands, trip or job duties. Just sayin.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
It's closed because we need a chance to get caught up 😆, and I think Martin needs a break... It happens sometimes 😊
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Wow, I can see why admin temporarily closed off the submission section -.- I agree whole heartedly with the others that the potential of you all having left an injured woman on the side of the road is way higher than the marginal possibility of ya'll having had a paranormal experience.
To be honest, I have to be leary of any suggestion of this stories authenticity at all, because it so keenly reminds me of the kind of "scary stories" I devoured when I was a kid. Again, I critically slant my eyes in your direction -.-
bluiis97 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Wow this story is scary. I don't know what I would do if I seen that. I would probably faint like the driver did.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
My fellow posters,
Don't get me wrong because I totally AGREE with you but I'm going to play devil's advocate here. The o/p mentioned that they were lacking sleep and they were already scared because of the ghost stories told. They might have been scared so badly that they couldn't think straight.

Rishav2011,
I just decided to help you out by playing Devil's Advocate here. You are the only one who can clear it up. The longer you wait to reply and the easier it will get for us to throw the BS blankie at you and your story.

Today is Monday and I need the energy to last me until Friday so I'm not even taking the energy to put you down because the others have done it already and I agree with them. Like one of the other posters suggested, start searching about this woman and see if you can find her some peace because apparently you people couldn't help her while she was alive.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Wow, short of running this poor woman over with your vehicle, I don't think you could have shown any less regard for human life than what you and your fellow "men" did that night.
In this country, people go to jail for what you did... And the "men" there, would just love you boys.

Lou
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Jav

Sounds like that's the case as far as agreeing with you goes I'm ticked too and get the urge to kick tail too when reading stories like this.

Yes that's exactly what I said so JS it's safe to say your powerade has not been spiked
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
[at] Lotus,
Little sister, it was your comment that brought me to this one in the first place. Man! It's so good to see you back here again! This place could use a little hellfire and brimstone with a ladies touch. Rock on lady! 😁

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Bbrave,
Nothing has frozen over, apart from this O/P's brain, you just happen to have a soft side. 😊

And this isn't my first rodeo, as far as this type of story goes. I fought another battle that was very similar to this once before. It still amazes me that these were (*ahem*) men in the car, on both accounts. Any one of my daughters would be tearing these guys up!

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Did Bbrave just say "Not one part of this story sounds like you had an encounter with anything supernatural."? I think i'm seeing things, and you agreed with Jav? Wow, I think my powerade has been spiked. That's crazy...

JS aka Brandon 😐

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: