You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Think Our New Offices Are Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

I Think Our New Offices Are Haunted

 

I have recently started a new job about a month ago and travel a lot to different branches throughout South Africa.

Our head offices are based in JHB. About a week ago before I left for Durban, I was coming into the building from lunch. All our doors are card access controlled. One of my collegues was coming up behind me so I held the door for her and carried on walking as she got to it.

I was swinging my coke bottle as I walked and I hit someone behind me. I stopped to apologise and looked back and I thought I saw someone jump to my left out the corner of my eye. I turned around completley and no one was there. My collegue was still at the door talking to someone else... I could have sworn I hit someone!

At this point my collegue saw the confused expression on my face and thought I had dropped something. I told her what happened and how I thought I had hit her with my coke bottle. She just looked at me.

About 3 days later I went to our Durban branch to deliver training. I was in a large room with no windows but opened out to a corridor which connected to the bathrooms. This room also had a tiny storage room in it with a window so you can see in. I turned on the AC and prepped the room.

After the session everyone had left, I didn't have a desk so I stayed in the room. I heard someone in the bathroom, it sounded like they were throwing up! I didn't go into the bathroom to check (that would be weird as I didn't know anyone there and it was coming from the mens') so I waited until they came to see who it was.

No one came out. My next session started and we were waiting on one more person. The manager came in to find out who it was, I said I had heard someone in the mens being sick so he went and checked. He came out saying no one was in there... I would have seen if the guy had come out because he has to pass the training room door.

So I delivered my second session and went to give the manager feedback. He asked me what I had heard in the bathrooms and I explained that I had heard someone being violently ill. He advised that whenever he goes to those bathrooms that the door to the bathroom would slam shut! There are no doors or windows (that you can open) at this end of the building.

Naturally I got goosbumps and asked more questions. He showed me some video footage. The cameras in the building are motion detecting, they switch off when there is no movement. The clip he showed me was of 2 guys in the stock room, all the other cameras were off. Suddenly they both looked to the door at the same time and walked out. As they opened the door they both looked to the top of the corridoor (where the entrance is). There is a huge steel gate one has to come through so it makes a big noise when one enters like "I've arrived"!

They started walking towards the entrance when both of them suddenly looked to the other end of the corridor and ran down towards the bathrooms. They were there awhile and slowly walked back.

My manager then showed me the email that one of the guys had sent him. Saying that they had heard someone running down the corridor so they went out to check. They hadn't heard the entrance gate. As they were walking to the entrance, the said they had heard keys jingling at the end by the bathrooms.

No one can get out of the building that way, the only exit is the entrance with the steel gate. They searched awhile but said they didn't find anything.

By this stage I was properly freaked out but still had one more session. I was on edge the entire session but I managed to get through it without seeing anything or hearing anything. Once the session was over and people were leaving I quickly packed up as I didn't want to be alone.

Putting the projector away one of the gentlemen from my session returned and offered to stay with me saying, "I'll wait here for you." I sighed huge relief and looked up to smile at the guy but I didn't see anyone and realised the voice came from the tiny storage room.

I have mentioned before that I cannot and don't want to communicate with anyone or anything from the other side, but it seems to be happening more often now...

Other hauntings by Siskakes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Siskakes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
hahahahaha How did you know?! Its like you were there! Hahaha that's exactly the look I get! My co-workers expect like "Did you hear that or see that?" but nooooo Siska pipes up with "Who did I just hit with my coke bottle?" You shoulda seen THAT face! Bwhahaha
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Siskakes: lol Exactly, that's the odd thing about it. I guess they like to laugh at us, because we're the only ones that witness the experience at that moment, and it makes us look crazy when we tell it. It's sort of like a fly buzzing around our face, and then trying to swat it away. Nobody can look cool doing that haha. The situation with your coke bottle and co-worker made me think of this. Those facial expressions have that 'oOoh ok' look. It's all good though, because i'm sure a lot of YGS members have seen that face lol.

JS aka Brandon 😊
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Jesus_soldier - I agree with you! Its scary when its at home and in your "feel safe" zone but then at work? There is always lots of people at work so you don't expect it lol
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Siskakes: It weird having the supernatural invade your job. You were the target as soon as you walked in the door. I apologize for the late comment. I really enjoyed this story, very cool. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
Hi Sis, I think you have got yourself a 'gentle-man admirer/guardian' at the Durban branch. If something like this ever happens again, please remember to say "Thank you"! You won't be exactly 'inter-acting' with it, only being polite. I have heard that it pays off to be polite in situations like this. 😉
(Shrug) Just a thought!?
Thank you for sharing.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
x77 - you are more than welcome to.

Slenderman - thanks that very may well be the case.

Thank you everyone for your comments, much appreciated
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
To me, it sounds like consciously, you want nothing to do with the paranormal. However, unconsciously, something deep inside you, that you can't control, is drawing them to you. On the other hand, perhaps there is something about you that attracts whatever it may be. I would look into the history of the land, and the building. You may simply fit the description of someone the entity knew, and is confusing you with them thinking they are still alive, as some spirits don't even know they are dead.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
excuse me, I am a user from Taiwan.

Your story is very scary and impressing, could I translate it into chinese, and submit the story to PTT (the biggest Bulletin Board System in Taiwan)?

Thank you!

Back to your problem,
Maybe you could try to carry a cross or an amulet.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Hi Sis,

I think something wants to communicate with you or trying to draw your attention. That should be the explanation. But I could realise the way you would have felt when you thanked someone and there was nobody to be seen. Similarly, I could visualise your thoughts when you found that there was nobody when your coke bottle hit something. In any event, try to investigate. Be firm. And my personal feeling is that there is nothing wrong in trying rook's cleansing method even in office. If others feel or crack jokes at you, don't bother. Because you said you do not want to communicate with the other side, then you should ensure that it does not bother you. So, irrespective of what others think or comment, I think that you should cleanse the office/s too.

Regards,

SDS
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Siskakes, I liked your account sounds as though you were quite frightened, I would have been startled after hearing the voice then realising nobody was there as well.
It may be mentioned already but is there anything that would point to why this is occuring within the building?
It does seem as though it is after a little attention and just wants to have a bit of fun and to be recognised, hope to hear more from you regarding this account! 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
LOL I imagine it would be similar. But you never know. 😆
50, 50, 50 characters
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
MizMiMi02 - Yeah that makes sense but to me that's kind of like the Boogyman protecting a small child from under their bed at night... Terrifying lol
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Dare I say great story? I always love these ones, as it seems like they know you would prefer to be left alone, but just can't help messing with you a bit. Maybe he/she really did feel like they needed to stay with you to avoid any negative spirits coming across. Make sense?
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Rook - Thank you so much. I actually tried your method at home and everything seems to be fine so far but I can't do this at work (my collegues may think I'm a little touched lol)

Rozo - Ill have a look to see what I can dig up

Lsandhu - I meant that I assumed someone had come back in because of what they said.

Thanks everyone for their comments
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I was a little confused by the following:

"...one of the gentlemen from my session returned and offered to stay with me saying, "I'll wait here for you." I sighed huge relief and looked up to smile at the guy but I didn't see anyone and realised the voice came from the tiny storage room."

Do you mean you heard someone say that, assumed it was one of the men from the session, then looked up and no one was there? Did you check to see if anyone was in the storage room or simply high-tail it out of there (if the latter, I would not blame you in the least)?

If you do not want to encourage these encounters, then I wouldn't bother doing any investigating. I feel like even posting about them on this site may be encouraging more.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Wow! They love doing things like that when you're alone, but to feel the bottle hitting "something"? Hectic! Closest I get to feeling them is when they sit on the bed next to me.

Next time you experience something like this be 'sterk gevreet' and DO investigate!

Love from the mother city! Ciao
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Siskakes, sounds to me as if they are targeting you now for or to communicate..., see what history you can dig up on the land, people who have died there etc and see what you come up with!
What was the building before it became work related?

Lekker my bru! Good luck!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Siskakes,

You stated this at the end of this experience, which sounds quite 'freaky'...Anyway you stated this...

"I have mentioned before that I cannot and don't want to communicate with anyone or anything from the other side, but it seems to be happening more often now..."

I have a Cleansing and Shielding Method that is your for the asking... I can even 'tailor it' so that if focuses on the Shielding more than anything else.

Thanks for Sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
This sounds like a typical tale of Spirits trying to get attention. Like it or not, these Spirits are getting attention and the activity will probably increase if they are given even more attention. Try and possibly ignore them if you can, and try to get your other colleagues to do the same, if possible.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
badshah_sumeett (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Hey its a very horrible tale. You should be brave in that particular time. Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: