You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Moaned

Real Ghost Stories

She Moaned

 

This happened on November 2nd 2011. I had been displaced by a fire at my apartment complex, so I was given temporary housing at another complex until repairs were completed. The apartment was small, dark, and run-down, but it was my only option at the time.

From the moment I arrived there, I felt as if I was being watched. I looked in the kitchen and I could sense a presence, but I shrugged it off. I was stressed from the fire, and I only had the bare necessities with me. I figured that was why I felt that way.

At first, everything was ok, except for that unnerving feeling of being watched. My cats hung out in the hallway just outside the bedroom, which was where I was hanging out while I was there. I thought they were just wigging out from being in an unfamiliar place.

After about a month, I started hearing noises in the kitchen at night after I went to bed. It sounded like cups being set down on the counter, and like the cabinet doors were being opened and closed. I ignored it.

Then, about 3 months in, it started getting really active. One day, I was going from the bedroom to the bathroom (it was about 25 feet between the two), there were 3 knocks that followed me there. They were right behind me as I walked. The last one happened just as I sat down on the toilet. It scared the crap out of me, which was convenient considering where I was sitting. I was afraid to come out of there. Just for the record, there was no one living in the apartment next door, and the knocks came from MY side of the wall. I was on edge the rest of the day, and I slept with the blanket over my head after that.

So, it was the day after Halloween (November 1st) when I told my best friend about the noises. I was done trying to explain it away, and I was getting scared. She said to just calm down, and it was ok. Whatever.

That night, thing went crazy. It was as if the ghost or whatever was listening to me talk about all the stuff happening, and was putting on a show for me! First, there were the cabinet doors banging. Then, the toilet tank cover was smashed around in the bathroom. By now, I am under the blanket shaking. I peeked out and saw my cat sitting there staring into the hallway. Then, I heard a female moan. It was kind of breathless sounding. At the same time, I saw in my mind's eye (I don't know how else to explain it) I saw a needle, rubber tubing, and a spoon - works for shooting up. Then, the image of a young girl (young to me!), about 25, pressing herself against the hallway wall. This all happened in a split second.

I snaked my hand out and got my cell phone, and called my best friend. THE CALL WOULD NOT GO THROUGH! There was just crazy static. She tried to call me back, but again all I heard was that same static. Just as I was getting ready to say "Leave me alone!", she called back again. By now, I was in a panic. I was whispering "There's a ghost in here!" She got me to turn on the tv and lights. Then, she instructed me to get the candle from Halloween (my pumpkin candle), and tell her to go to the light of God. Well, I told her to go there, that there was no more sadness, no more loneliness. As soon as I said the word 'loneliness', I felt a fluttering in my stomach. I knew she was gone. It was unreal.

My bestie then told me I might need to do it again if the noises continue. Which they did. I heard a couple of little noises the next night, and I left my camera running to capture it. I won't go into that, but I was able to catch some stuff - noises. Anyway, I did the candle thing again, and after that I never felt anything else. It worked.

When I turned in my key to go back home, I asked the girl in the office if there had been a death in that apartment. She didn't want to tell me at first. Then, she said yes a young girl had died of an overdose and they had to kick the door in to get to her. The door was repaired, but she was still there, or until I helped her. At least I hope I did.

Other hauntings by LindaG

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LindaG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Boo1234 (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Freaky! 😜 but wow you seem to have a haunted building if you do end up needing help contact a priest and cleanse the house.
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
[at] Nightarron: Now I'm wondering about that. New news: A man died at my complex by drowning in the pool last week. He'd better not come up here! 😨
Nightarron (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
cool! Nice work sending her to, well where ever spirits go after death:D (i'm not christian and or not any religion, but I do believe in higher powers) To be frank though being scared is the reaction she was looking for so you kind of feed the fire from the get go but hey, you let her go in peace so that's good. Now because you kind of released this woman you may start o find spirits everywhere... Just a heads up warning. Other then that good job and good luck. May your sanity keep you.
StoryTeller13 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
November 1st is the day of the dad:/ very freaky were you up at 12 am? If you were you would already heard the lady screaming already. I have an white lady following me and November is soon and I'm scared cause she's going to come into my bedroom and haunt me again but worse:/ she doesn't moan but she makes freaky sounds and I even saw her once I think she wants to do something to me and every day I can't see her but I know she's there and I get an creepy feeling when I'm alone 😢
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
[at] Dan-I'm thinking you're right about my vibes. She may have been drawn to me because of my stress level. I wondered about that. Thanks for your input!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
Interesting point about the three knocks, there are 100's of stories here all of the same description including some of my own... No doubt in my mind she was reaching out to you for a reason? With a level of intelligent's and sometimes described as an intelligent haunting... I would like to hope she did go through the light... It is really hard to know for sure and perhaps your intuition on it is correct and perhaps she needed the help from the living to bring the light to her? Anyway, good to read a story about someone who was frighten by their experience have enough guts to help, rather than throwing salt all over the joint and chanting hocus pocus to be rid of it... Heads up to you mate!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
LindaG: Wow, sounds quite frightning, and your right how dreadful to be stuck in that dwelling and not be able to move on. I do hope you helped this girl and I take my hat off to you for your courage and bravery. I get the feeling you were letting off some negative vibes and energy at the time dealing with what you had been through so this could have caused the experiences to escalate as well in the apartment. All the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
brendaloue (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
Wow amazing experience! Thank God you were able to help her cross over.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Linda, this is a great experience indeed. You are a brave person. It is good of you to have given peace and serenity to a sad spirit. Well, probably I would have had a heart attack were I to be in your place. Excellent experience, probably one of the best I have come across in this site.

God Bless you.

Regards,

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Isandhu - you're welcome 😊 If you could see the way he intimidates my son, you'd understand just how fitting that name really is 😉.

Just an example of conversation in my home, "Mom, make him let me pass him!" "Dalton, he's just a cat," said while I'm laughing and watching The Demon (ears pinned back) getting ready to swipe at Dalton, who has a pillow held in front of his legs as he's trying to walk through the Living Room. This is a weekly thing, by the way 😆. Absolutely hilarious! Rex really never hurts Dalton, he just messes with his mind LOL
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
"Isandhu - considering I have the "Demon Cat From Hell" I'm glad I don't know what he's saying. The looks are bad enough LOL"

LOL. Thanks, Miracles, I needed a laugh today. Yes, I'd be afraid to know what my cat is thinking at times based on some of the looks she gives me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Lotus - thank you. I just now had time to get here (lunch break). You are right. It is disrespectful and waiting a day or two, or however long takes, in this case isn't going to hurt anything.

Caleb13 - yes, the submission page is down and, unfortunately that means you, like everyone else (including me 😆) need to wait on it to reopen before submitting your story. Although it occasionally happens, that doesn't mean permission is given to post your story on someone else's story. Just be patient 😉
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Caleb13-I don't recomend posting your story on anyone elses thread. Its so disrespectful & it draws people away for the O/P's story. Its rude. I'm not a mod but I'm pretty sure they will agree. If one person does it, others may follow suit.
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Brilliant story! I also think you were really brave! I like to think I would of tried to do the same... But I probably would of been too scared to talk to her and ended up throwing the candle at her causing another fire 😳
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Linda you were brave to do this for this spirit and how wonderful of you to help this girl to cross in spite of the fear you felt. Well done for helping her 😊
badshah_sumeett (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Nice story. You are really a brave person linda. I hope that girl's spirit not hurting you and you are now safe. Reply me please.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
I probably would have died of fright! Those images that you saw in your mind... I would have been so scared, I probably would have thought it was giving me the idea to start using! 😭
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Thank you all for your positive comments. I don't think I was all that brave. I just wanted to give her peace. Imagine being trapped like that. How terrible. I hope she is happy now.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
LindaG

This is a great story. I admire you for helping this girl cross over even though you were scared out of your wits (and rightly so!). Hopefully she has found peace now. I bet you were very happy to be able to go back to your own apartment after this expereience!

Thanks for sharing! 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
What an interesting story!

I hope the poor spirit really went to the light and does not scare any body else in the future... Specially no one as "brave" as me! 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Isandhu - considering I have the "Demon Cat From Hell" I'm glad I don't know what he's saying 😉 😆. The looks are bad enough LOL
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Sad to admit my cowardice, but I would have been out of there so fast that poor little ghost's head would have spun. I would not have been much help to her. Sometimes I wish cats could talk. It would be so interesting to get their perspective. Or perhaps they can, and just aren't about to condescend to speak to creatures as dumb as humans:)
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
I have not said this in a long time. "This is going straight to my favs" 😁 Absolutely amazing experience. You did a great job helping out that spirit even though you were scared to pieces. I'm sure she appreciaited it. Thank you for sharing this with us.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
What an intense experience, I realized at the end that I'd been holding my breath while reading this. Most people would have run screaming instead of trying to cross that poor girl over. I'm happy for her sake that you took your friend's advice and did what you could to help. I believe that some ghosts just need to be shown a little compassion before they can cross, and for what it's worth I believe you gave her what she needed to leave her old life behind and go to a place of healing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: