You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Did A Seizure Start All Of This?

Real Ghost Stories

Did A Seizure Start All Of This?

 

I should start off with saying my name is Scarlet (fake name) and I'm almost 15-years-old.

At the age of two years old, I was riding my bike (with training wheels, of course) around my front porch. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I fell off of my bike and began having a seizure. All I remember was seeing my mom rushing to me and seeing black dots then hearing faint whispers. I was sent to the hospital immediately.

After a few days of being at the hospital, my mom noticed a few changes. I kept having nightmares, kept seeing people that weren't actually there and hearing things no one else could. These abilities faded out as I got to the age of eight years old. I started believing my mom. She'd always say it wasn't real and I was only over reacting. I guess she didn't want to believe in what I saw, which makes no sense because she watches stuff about ghosts all the time.

When I turned 12, my abilities came back and that's when I met my best friend Kira (fake name). She can also see ghosts, so I guess that's how I got my abilities to see ghosts again. One time we decided to take a night walk to Kira's aunt Christi's old house. I noticed car lights on the dirt road beside Christi's house, which made no sense because cars don't pass through there. I pointed Kira to them and the lights disappeared. We decided to start walking around the dirt road but as soon as we took one step down the road, a demon-like creature ran across the road. It was on all fours and was meaty-looking as if its skin had been ripped apart. We went running back to Kira's house full speed ahead, but as I was running I noticed a little girl screaming, "Mommy!" But she disappeared, dropping a teddy bear. We never went back to that house again.

At the age of 13, I began to notice that there's this girl that follows me everywhere I go and it started with a dream. In the dream, I was with my friends at my house and they suddenly disappeared. Then I saw an eye at the crack of my front door. The eye blinked and she slowly opened the door and silently entered my house. All of a sudden a force levitated me and she pulled me down and held me. A bell rang and I woke up. I can describe her perfectly. The girl has wide, dark eyes and long black hair in her face with a medium-length white dress. Sometimes I wake up and her eyes are looking straight into my face. Sometimes I hear her and other times she's not there at all but I feel her. Sounds crazy I know, but I have no idea who she is and what she wants and she's the only ghost I feel following me around.

I apologize if I haven't added enough detail. I'll be sure to add a lot more to my other stories. I have plenty to tell and most likely plenty more on the way.

Any advice and information would be great!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MusicInMyEars, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CammiAlice (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
i am quite similar to you. I have been able to see, hear and sense ghosts pretty much all my life. From when I was tiny I could see things. Then it stopped for a while and I started seeing them again when I was about 7. Then it stopped again and started again last year. I don't think a seizure started all of this. I just think some people are born with this particular thing and it comes out in phases or maybe it just stays with you all your life- I don't know. Any way that is just my opinion. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
AdriannaMarieCole,

Just which part of my original comment is 'mocking'? (Here it is quoted in full...)

"Bbrave and Miracles have their points, and they are all good.

I'm one the fence... Not about this entire experience... Just the 'dream' and the presence that now 'follows' the O/P. The description that causes concern?

"At the age of 13, I began to notice that there's this girl that follows me everywhere I go and it started with a dream. In the dream, I was with my friends at my house and they suddenly disappeared. Then I saw an eye at the crack of my front door. The eye blinked and she slowly opened the door and silently entered my house. All of a sudden a force levitated me and she pulled me down and held me. A bell rang and I woke up. I can describe her perfectly. The girl has wide, dark eyes and long black hair in her face with a medium-length white dress."

That description fits both the Grudge and the Ring movies... Now if this 'spirit' is trying to scare the O/P then maybe it took this 'shape' as a means to do so... But I'm still cautious when 'movie' bad guys are described with-in an experience.

I hope the O/P returns and clears this up for me..."

I repeat my question to you... Just what in that comment is mocking?

I was WAY MORE critical of another individual who made a comment concerning their 'mother' being possessed.

(I'll quote myself because it covers the comment I made reference to...)

"kylin_katt,

I posted I was skeptical of this 'story'...at least parts of it and I now have to be skeptical of your comment... This comment...

"...how you described this, it sounds like it wasn't a siezure at all, my mom was possessed almost a year ago and she had seizure-like symptoms, but it wasn't,..."

So your Mom saw a doctor or doctors and was told there was absolutely no medical reason for her 'seizure-like symptoms'? Sorry I just will not 'out right' accept a claim like that... If all medical reasons have been ruled out then... And only then can 'possession' be considered."

The above was not directed to the O/P...

I never attempted to MOCK the O/P...I did (do) have some questions concerning their experience but I NEVER MOCKED her.

Respectfully,

Rook
AdriannaMarieCole (10 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
rookdygin leave her alone. You were practically mocking her. If you don't believe in her story simply don't comment.
majnun (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
If the seizure was a near death experience then it is very likely that you would be capable of such abilities, you should start studying books about magick, as well as preparing yourself both physically and mentally for these sort of things. If the seizure put you closer to the spectrum of death, that could mean your mind is more developed than your body. Message me if you have any questions, I would love to help.
Sahee (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-29)
Its hard, really, if someone doubted you... But try to answer their question to clear things up... Be open- minded.
1324jojo (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-27)
Try to contact the girl. Use a camera with flash to take pictures around were you see her. Use a voice recorder to hear what she says if you talk to her. I hope this helps. If not try to find out what to do online. 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
MusicInMyEars,

I never stated I didn't believe your experience... I even explained why I had 'concern' over parts of it, but if your not going to help clarify things and 'run off pouting' then perhaps I should discount the whole experience and file it in the 'Story' category?

If your still reading these comments you may want to read all the comments COMPLETELY to ensure you understand what people have been saying.

Respectfully,

Rook
MusicInMyEars (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
Wow... What has happened to this site? No one actually believes this and everyone is twisting my story around! I'm not logging on here anymore. So much for getting help... /:
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
The ghosts you all describe in this story, sounds so similar to many horror movies I have seen!
Especially the little girl with the black hair and white dress... Sounds too much like The Grudge 😉

Hope to read the sequel to this story!
Hahahaha...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-26)
kylin_katt,

I posted I was skeptical of this 'story'...at least parts of it and I now have to be skeptical of your comment... This comment...

"...how you described this, it sounds like it wasn't a siezure at all, my mom was possessed almost a year ago and she had seizure-like symptoms, but it wasn't,..."

So your Mom saw a doctor or doctors and was told there was absolutely no medical reason for her 'seizure-like symptoms'? Sorry I just will not 'out right' accept a claim like that... If all medical reasons have been ruled out then... And only then can 'possession' be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
Hades666 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
your story scared me when you mentioned the demon-like creature that crossed the road, I'd like to read more of your stories though.
kylin_katt (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
how you described this, it sounds like it wasn't a siezure at all, my mom was possessed almost a year ago and she had seizure-like symptoms, but it wasn't, you might've been possessed, or maybe really sensitive to spirits and you just didn't know it, i'm thinking either maybe that girl is your spirit guide, and she protected you from getting possessed, or a lost ghost that needs help and is showing you how she died...
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
Hi Music:

Next time that you see the little girl ask her what she wants from you. I know you are a teen and this could be terrifying for anyone of any age but I think if you ask the girl what she wants and how you can help her, she may go away.

Good luck to you, zeta.
Nicky_Loves_BF (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
Maybe it was a near death experience. Wow creepy! If you need anyone to talk to message me or something. I have a friend that sees things and she just gets scared to death... I have never felt to helpless
katybug10111 (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
i think it didn't start from a seizure cause that happened to me but not me friend so ya
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
princessLotus - LOL, please remind me when in the 90's we had little boys dressed in spandex shorts teamed with muscle shirts!?!

As for Emo's wearing Justin Bieber... Actually that might be the reason why they cut themselves! (Just Joking all you Biebs fans out there!) 😆

All kidding aside, point well made. 😜
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
could not the "victorian" image associated with "ghosts" be a visual impression of our own making? I mean to say, we are imposing on them what we believe them to look like, which, in my opinon, makes sence for somone young.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
I also find so many ghosts are described as being in "Victorian" clothes. I question how many people are actually familiar with Victorian fashion or are familiar with Queen Victoria's actual reign. I think people just know what they see in movies. MusicInMyEars, I am not discounting your entire account, but I do think your impressions are significantly influenced by a strong imagination. Try to be objective and to weed out other non-paranormal influences and possible causes for what you are experiencing. If you are still left with inexplicable occurrences, post again and we'll try to help.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Kay. I haven't watched the movie 'THE RING' in a long time. I actually forgot about it until I read your story. Thanx! Imunna go rent it... Oh, wait this story is real? SMH. I'm going to read the other comments now. But first I want to ask all of you if any one has witnessed a little girl ghost dressed in a loin cloth like cav eman style? Or maybe a little boy with a mullet hair-do, spandex shorts & a muscle shirt like kids wore in the 1990's? Or maybe a kid wearing a Justin Bieber t-shirt & an emo hair cut?... Sry, I need to stop because... Ehem yeah. I just find it so odd that the only ghosts that seem to be haunting places are dressed in old time fashon. Must be the nether world trend.

LSD
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
I tend to agree with Rookdygin. This description of the little girl is often used in movies
The fact that this started in a dream puts me on the fence also. It seems like the dream put a subliminal suggestion in your head and you just think you see or feel her. The scream mommy doesn't make any sense that she would follow you. If you were older it would be more plausible.
The beast you saw run across the road also could have been imagination. It could have been a large dog with a red coat.
I am not calling you a liar but maybe your imagination is playing tricks on you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
The same things went through my mind as I read your story. From supressing your ability to the description of the girl.
I also happen to think that the siezure could have contributed to it. Now that you are older maybe you can talk to your mother more about it and ask her if her or anyone else has had these experiences. You mentioned your mother watches a lot of ghost stories, I'm willing to bet she had an experience or two herself growing up that sparked her interest in the paranormal. 😊

I apologize for hijacking your page for a moment here. I just want to give a big HELLO to kardagen! It's good to see you back. 😁
kardagen (2 stories) (161 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
to answer the title, as it is in the form of a question, its highly unlikly that a seizure "caused" this, a by product, maybe. But the contributing factor, probably not.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
I'm going to be honest here, I skipped the comment section all together. I wanted to see if anyone else thought of the same thing I did, but didn't want to be influenced. The first thing I thought was that girl from The Grudge, and how I believe I have seen 1 maybe 2 other stories about a white dressed girl. The fact that you went into such detail with the hair in her face and all that, I'm sorry but I am not inclined to believe that part of your story. Is there a new movie out that has caused an influx of these types of stories? In any event, if you believe to be in any danger, I suggest you speak to your parents.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
I don't know eh!
Little girls in white dresses is becoming to far utulized in stories, getting to the point of predictability... However, I am sure the seizures triggered the heightened senses and will allow you for the rest of your life to use them to hone in on the unknown... Maybe it might even be a gift where you could help them... Kind of like Ghost Whisperer! 😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
I agree with the other posters, especially with the description of the ghost girl. I would like to hear the answers to the questions posted by the other posters. I would also like to ask these questions:

(1) Whenever you see or feel the presence of this ghost, how to you feel? Does it make you happy, sad, safe, fearful, or what?

(2) Now that you are older, have you talked to your parents, especially your mother? Have asked for an explanation on why she kept saying it was your imagination when she was watching ghostly shows herself?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Bbrave and Miracles have their points, and they are all good.

I'm one the fence... Not about this entire experience... Just the 'dream' and the presence that now 'follows' the O/P. The description that causes concern?

"At the age of 13, I began to notice that there's this girl that follows me everywhere I go and it started with a dream. In the dream, I was with my friends at my house and they suddenly disappeared. Then I saw an eye at the crack of my front door. The eye blinked and she slowly opened the door and silently entered my house. All of a sudden a force levitated me and she pulled me down and held me. A bell rang and I woke up. I can describe her perfectly. The girl has wide, dark eyes and long black hair in her face with a medium-length white dress."

That description fits both the Grudge and the Ring movies... Now if this 'spirit' is trying to scare the O/P then maybe it took this 'shape' as a means to do so... But I'm still cautious when 'movie' bad guys are described with-in an experience.

I hope the O/P returns and clears this up for me...

Respectfully,

Rook
LindaG (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
I hope you post again so we can have more information. I believe that you suppressed your abilities, but when you met your friend it resurfaced. As far as the little girl ghost, maybe she follows you because you're tuned into that level of conciousness. Either way, that was a good story.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
MusicInMyEars - I agree with Bbrave. I think the timing of meeting your best friend and the return of your abilities is just that, timing. I don't think your best friend had anything to do with you getting your abilities back.

I was wondering if you have any more details about the demon-like creature you saw across the road from Christi's house. Sometimes in the dark, things look a little differently than in the daytime. Especially if you've already seen something that didn't make sense to you, like the car lights you thought shouldn't have been there. Although I don't think that is anything paranormal. People have a tendency to park in out of the way places all the time, for a lot of different reasons.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
That might be the case it is possible. But you say you lost the ability until meeting Kira. I seriously doubt that.

I am not calling you a liar just saying that it's more likely that you had supressed your ability due to being told over and over that it was not real or that it was your imagination.

Do you still have seizures? Or have they stopped?
I'd like to be able to give a more detailed answer but need more information

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: